Thread: Looking for the right fit...

Smile Looking for the right fit...

Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I came back to Utopia this Age after close to 10 years of not playing. I played regularly from 2000-2004. After coming back, I landed in a kingdom that was trying to rebuild. I have been debating defecting because I do not have the time to be the monarch (thought I was in the past) and get the kingdom back on track. The poor activity and lack of coordination is frustrating for me. I really didn't want to give up on them, but 3 of our more active players defected this Utopian month.

So, I am here looking for a kingdom that will be a good fit. Wish me luck!

Age: 31 yr old male, married, with a full time job working 8-5 M-F

Experience: As mentioned above, I probably played 8-10 ages plus this current age. I have previously been a monarch and led the attacker and t/m guilds.

Activity: I tend to be pretty active. Somewhere between hyper active (checking the game after each tick), and logging every couple hours. This just depends on my real life schedule. Even when busy, I usually make the time to login via my mobile to train and cast self spells. However, my wife would kill me if I started setting alarms to attack in the middle of the night, and I value my sleep a lot more now than I did when I was in college. =)

Goals: Reach the top 25% of whatever kingdom goal is, but preferably honor or war wins. Land doesn't interest me much unless gained through war. I recommended that my current kingdom agree on a vision/mission statement, but that fell on deaf ears.

Preferred type of kingdom: This is a tough one. I want a MATURE kingdom that is competitive, but one that also prefers to teach players before razing them or asking them to leave. I like kingdoms that expects people to respond to forum threads or post in Pimp. I like a kingdom that believes in retaliations when one of your fellow kingdom mates is attacked or op'd. Most important, I want to be a part of a close group of people.

An important note: If I recall, I left the game many years ago because I was tired of people trying to tell me EXACTLY how to play my province. I really enjoy discussing build strats, but I do not want to be forced to play one. I understand you may want me to run 15% watchtowers in war, but at least engage me in a discussion on why WT's over another building that I might find more preferable. Bottom line - If I wanted someone else to play my province, I would let them babysit it!

Also worth mentioning, I don't mind playing an attacker, but I MUCH prefer a T/M role or at the very least a hybrid heavily leaning toward T or M.

Contact methods: I do not currently use any instant chat functions or IRC. However, I am not opposed to using them in the future and have used them in the past.
    Last edited by b5rks; 10-08-2013 at 01:05.

stop by #vicenvirtue - sounds like we are exactly what you are looking for ... we average about 7 wars an age and usually win those wars ... I have been monarch since 2001 - and most of my players have been around almost as long - so we are definitely mature in age at least lol

or feel free to drop me an email bluefaerydust@gmail.com

Veteran
    You should check out Starcraft. You can find us at #utopianstarcraft on utonet or send me a pm at the forums. (once you got 5 posts) :)

Hi, I have a vacant province as A/M. If you are keen, come look for me (juxdoit) at #utonet channel. Alternative if you can't find me, you can look for Canadian. Thanks.

Thread Information