View Poll Results: What is the best way to find a war?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wave for war

16 57.14%
  • Message and arrage

9 32.14%
  • Other- posted in thread

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to find a war?

Best way to find a war?

What is the best way to find a war for your kingdom?
    RIP: Band of Brothers going out with a crown age 59!

Needs to get out more
    Come out of fortified, be as big as every undefeated kingdom in your range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

You can always use war finder and look up KDs in your NW range and PM them for war.

Edit: Just noticed the vote thing now.
    They gave Pandora a box. Prometheus begged her not to open it. She opened it. Every evil to which human flesh is heir came out of it.
    The last thing to come out of the box was HOPE.... It flew away.

Pandora's Box aka PB

It is a tricky question, as it depends on what KD you are, and in which tier you are fighting. Impossible to give a answer to that imo
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Enthusiast
    Considering likethesilver is in RoughKnecks, I would say just waving for war at that level would be the way to do it. Tagging "PM for war" or "msg for war" really doesn't work to well in the top20 like it does in the ghettos (although I guess it worked for Malevolence & Sanc). Msging their monarch might work... but in most cases they will say no if you are pumped for war... so pressuring someone by waving would probably be the best option IMO.

If you have an obvious advantage, perhaps consider waving into a fort stance to give them the button + lower gains for you which makes it more tempting for them to push that shiny button then a full wave into a kd in normal / agg stance. I'm not sure the success rate of that though as I havn't really tried it. Seems like it could work though.

Quote Originally Posted by ofgortens View Post
    Considering likethesilver is in RoughKnecks, I would say just waving for war at that level would be the way to do it.
    Roughnecks do wave for war.. and people tend to run away.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Dealbreak top10 kds, won't have any problems with getting wars after it ;)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    It's the way of life for a good warring kd I guess. Not much else you can do if you've tried msging and waving. Guess you can always land drop... :D

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Thats because like most kds who wave they typically wave smaller or equally sized kds who they’ll have an advantage over. On top of that waving someone>>opening war wave everywhere outside the top 10 or so because 90% of your targets are going to be army in and you can kill massive amounts of offense in a single wave. Just 2-3 hits on someone with army in with PF and BG can kill 15% of their offense easy. You get lucky and catch the top 2-3 attackers pre war and boom you go from no UB to multiple.
    Best method to find war I’ve found is a couple of love taps w/out giving ops then a msg to the monarch. Really the only time a full wave works is if your target has a massive advantage on you and you need the extra damage on them to actually have a chance at the win.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Thats because like most kds who wave they typically wave smaller or equally sized kds who they’ll have an advantage over. On top of that waving someone>>opening war wave everywhere outside the top 10 or so because 90% of your targets are going to be army in and you can kill massive amounts of offense in a single wave. Just 2-3 hits on someone with army in with PF and BG can kill 15% of their offense easy. You get lucky and catch the top 2-3 attackers pre war and boom you go from no UB to multiple.
    Best method to find war I’ve found is a couple of love taps w/out giving ops then a msg to the monarch. Really the only time a full wave works is if your target has a massive advantage on you and you need the extra damage on them to actually have a chance at the win.
    Well judging by the fact that RK has Average Opponent Relative Size 105%... they are probably waving people around their size or slightly larger. I agree hitting a kd with their armies home is pretty devastating, but with GBP they can really only hit them 2-3 times effectively. But being given a button also has it's advantages.

That might be something to try though like Persain said... drop a few hits into the kd and then msg the monarch.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How to find wars: don't be afraid to lose. Give away advantages and more often than not you'll find yourself in a war.

Veteran
    1) Join #HRS
    2) Badmouth Taylor Swift

People tend to pump like crazy , restrict growing , do only learns and plunders oow and than wander why none wants to war them...

Can't find war?

Grow and move up a tier rinse repeat: eventually someone will war you , guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    2) Badmouth Taylor Swift
    Barbaric!
    PEW PEW PEW!

Havoc style - land drop until you're in noob range.
    The End of an Era

Thread Information