Thread: Question about thieves/theivery

Question about thieves/theivery

Does having more thieves/acre means you will have better chances of detecting thief ops thus preventing them? like if you have 4 tpa and the one conducting thief ops from u is 1tpa? also like halfling it has +50% to thievery effectiveness does it help with fending off enemy thief ops? newbie here ^_^

Post Fiend
    Yes on both counts

high mod tpa means it will be harder to op you en the halfling racial bonus mods your tpa on both offense and defense
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

is there a formula about this or what? like the chances of failing and success? how about bonuses from science? it's good for defense too? or only offense? :) also how about the differences in land? like if a 3500 acres with 1 tpa will do a survey or SOS or SOM on a 1500 acres with 5 or 6 tpa will it make that 3500 acres fail so much? coz I'm an attacker though I havent tried it yet but I'm afraid to spy on tm's since I know they have super high TPA and WPA so I want to know how this actually works? or does having a high TPA hinders spies or only for thief ops?

You can find a lot of information here: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...every_Formulas

all mods are both defensive and offensive unless otherwise noted. (sci works on both)

as an attacker you will want to hit targets with similar netw for best gains so you would not normally encounter such high netw differences. (land difference matters very little)

spy ops and sabotage ops are treated the same in this case. high tpa makes it harder for others to get intell on your prov while making it easier to grab intell on others.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

im halfer rogue with 50+ mod tpa and ****ty orc gets SoT on me 1st try
    once i failed 4x to get SoT on ****ty orc with this mod tpa...

so dont be afraid to try any intel on anyone coz u might get thru even with ****ty tpa

I'm a tactician and I want to know if how true does it mean that intel gathered in war is always accurate? I've heard about getting SOM with only 10 thief but is that actually accurate? I mean I've heard that the only thing accurate in getting SOM with 10 thief is the armies away not the armies standing... so I want to confirm this one.... and does this apply to every spy ops too? I mean I can send 10 thief to get SOT,SOM,SOS and Survey? thanks :)

Post Fiend
    As a tact in war 10 thieves works. But for everyone else it's 10% of thieves. When you get intel read the green message above it will tell you how accurate it is. Just experiment a bit :)

sending 1 thief is enough for tact during war

Post Fiend
    pwnr u have a mod tpa of 50 and your telling me that weak tpa attackers get your info in one op??? either u r most unlucky thief in world or everyone is extremely lucky... but yes tacts intell in war is 100% accurate... but if u have a lower wpa then the person u r collecting info from you will have more trouble collection info then on an avg tpa player, but can get through, eventually..
    Last edited by madi; 21-08-2013 at 08:29.

how about the difference in networth and land? lets say a 500 acre TM with 30 TPA will thief op or spy on someone lets say 10k acres with 1TPA will the lower acre/nw high tpa have a high chance of getting through the huge acre/nw with low TPA?

Quote Originally Posted by boart2k View Post
    how about the difference in networth and land? lets say a 500 acre TM with 30 TPA will thief op or spy on someone lets say 10k acres with 1TPA will the lower acre/nw high tpa have a high chance of getting through the huge acre/nw with low TPA?
    It's basically a mod TPA comparison with penalties if you're opping out of range.

How much thieves to send to get max gains from a thief op? like stealing resources, arson, sabotage wizzards, and other complicated thief op. I've heard or read something about over sending thieves make it much prone to failure than success :( I just don't get that part shouldn't it be the other way around? the more thieves you send the more chance an op should be success

Thread Information