Thread: Chain T/Ms?

Regular

Chain T/Ms?

Pre-War: Enemy has 3 T/Ms

1 Fae and 1 Elf is hittable by aprox 5 people in our kingdom, they are both T/M's.

How do you deal with the Fae and Elf being so close to chainable? Is it viable to chain T/Ms? Or just mass them pre war to kill some wizards and thieves? The kingdom also has 16 attackers vs our 13. I feel if we focus to much on the 2 hittable T/Ms that their large number of attackers might overtake us....Or do we just focus on one? and then move on to their attackers? Hit both and settle in for a long war and hope our 4 UB Mystics hold their own vs the enemy 1?

And if you do target both or even one T/M, do you make it a mass run? or chain run? a mix of the 2? Mass run to lower thieves, then AW to go along with what is killed during the mass?

I have seen kingdoms try it in the past and it didn't work out so well, so wondering how to deal with these on the edge of UB T/M's.
    Last edited by wickedfail; 21-08-2013 at 22:45.

Its a nice idea to mass them pre war. It really depends on how the KD you are warring have their setup when you choose chain target. Firstly you should go for their biggest threat (most likely an attacker) If a TM opens up and you decide to chain him, then make sure you are deepchaining the dude. A halfassed chain on a TM is a big no no since it will make them even stronger.
    They gave Pandora a box. Prometheus begged her not to open it. She opened it. Every evil to which human flesh is heir came out of it.
    The last thing to come out of the box was HOPE.... It flew away.

Pandora's Box aka PB

Regular
    We just finished a war where the enemy tried to chain 2 of our Halfling Rogues straight up. All they did was give them an insane TPA and allowed us to knock their attackers down. Chaining T/M's just doesnt work if you dont deep chain. Even then, T/M's can be controlled without chaining.

BoB's strategy is chaining TM's..and they are doing it right

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus_Aus View Post
    We just finished a war where the enemy tried to chain 2 of our Halfling Rogues straight up. All they did was give them an insane TPA and allowed us to knock their attackers down. Chaining T/M's just doesnt work if you dont deep chain. Even then, T/M's can be controlled without chaining.
    It depends on the goal when chaining them, sometimes i dont care if i give you a 10 tpa on 1k acres instead of the 7 tpa on 2k acres you started with. Net effect is your econ is weaker, def is smaller for future hits and you op my attackers instead of mess with my t/m's.

As for the op i personally am not a fan of massacres. My plan would be something like a LONG hostile. Given your situation they hostiled you, you have 4 ub mystics and you control the button an easy strategy with timing of events is this:

time= 0. Round 1 of hits
    You got waved.
    You retal, 2 trad hits into each of the t/m's you can break, have your 5th guy max gain into another kd.
    Also at this point have your t/m's start NSing a low def large attacker & get MS up on everyone (NSing is no huge rush).

Time~14-16 Round 2 of hits
    Next hits max gain into other kds OR plunder for gold. It depends on who they in your kd. The goal is to put a small acre buffer on your top attackers and they will have difficulty chaining pre-war so as long as you can keep land incoming it doesnt matter if they hit u a few times.

Time ~28-32 Round 3 of hits
    Next hits 2 trad hits into each t/m, have your 5th guy max gain into another kd or plunder. (you skiped one round of hits on their t/ms to reduce GBP when hitting them now.

Time ~42-38 Round 4 of hits
    Next round of hits declare war have all 5 attackers focus one t/m. I.e. 1 hit the t/m AND 1 hit a low def attacker. Use the attacker you NS'ed for the secondary hit. Alternativly if you have good kd coordination you can NM wave one of their attackers so you easily bring down the t/m AND that attacker instantly. In war then i'd finish off t/m #1. I'd either begin on T/M #2 or just start working over their attackers based on your kds max mod off and the def of that t/m.

Scribe
    There's alot of variables to consider like are any of your mystics elves, or do you have any halfer rogues? If you have mystic elves, I would probably mass their elf pre-war and have your elf keep MS on both those TM's then that gives you the option to take them out later after dealing with bigger attacker threats. Chain a couple attackers first that dont have any incoming land, and later on if you see their core relying on those TMs heavily for aid they now threaten to take you into a longer war, so take them out. But like i said a lot variables come into play, so just a general idea of how i'd play it out.

The advantage of chaining T/Ms is that you have incoming land and aren't likely to get ambushed. Also, T/Ms have a very hard time recovering in war if you start by chaining them and it will kill their econ
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Thread Information