Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things sure look different now.....

Things sure look different now.....

I started playing this game at Age 4, if I'm not mistaken. Saw a few things happen here or there. Favorite moments include;

- Fighting on behalf of the UDNO (spoiler alert; we lost).
    - When burning boats was crippling.
    - Big deal when Undead showed up with 5/5 elites and a thief/magic bonus.
    - x:x being constantly attacked, and an informal alliance was formed to help protect them (spoiler alert; it worked).
    - Having my definition of Thieve's Den used in the guide (spoiler alert; looks like it got changed post-Mehul).
    - Mehul actually responding to my "thanks for making this game E-Mail" after the news came out that he was selling.
    - Trading into the same kingdom I think two or three times, because my friends were there. We were competitive, but I wouldn't say elite.

The last thing is interesting, because I'm seeing now that trading is legalized.

Anyway, I literally stopped playing after Mehul left. It just worked out that way, I suppose. I miss how it was back then. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic
    Last edited by Palem; 20-08-2013 at 15:40. Reason: no locations

- Big deal when Undead showed up with 5/5 elites and a thief/magic bonus.
    - x:x being constantly attacked, and an informal alliance was formed to help protect them (spoiler alert; it worked).

I remember this!
    Last edited by Palem; 20-08-2013 at 15:41.
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Regular
    There any good targets in x:x??? Oh **** we posted locs!
    Last edited by Palem; 20-08-2013 at 15:41.

Used to be that people would suggest the reigning champs get assigned the next age to "X:X", the idea never happened though.

Undead coming in was a HUGE DEAL, and all the reputable thief/mage folk picked them.

Never hit into the single digit kingdom always thought that was lame but I did want to play in that location ...... Mainly because I'm that lazy

P.s.

The game got arse ****ed after moofool sold it to omac since that bunch of idiots have sold it, its became much better but its taken too long
    Last edited by Hurlin; 21-08-2013 at 04:31.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurlin View Post
    The game got arse ****ed after moofool sold it to omac since that bunch of idiots have sold it, its became much better but its taken too long
    Omac and their Kwan wars clone ruined the game, turning utopia into utopia classic and giving big incentives to move to their money making clone fail, Utopia lost thousands of players

I have been back playing for 18 months now and the only gripe I have was last age 15/16 week age which was as close as it came to me quitting the game again, and a few in my KD came close to it as well
    Last edited by The Real Bonny; 21-08-2013 at 08:26.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The closing of FU was the best thing I've ever read on the internet.

That said, I'm pretty last age was on the short end wasn't it? Like 12-13 weeks or something like that...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That said, I'm pretty last age was on the short end wasn't it? Like 12-13 weeks or something like that...
    Start of Age 57 Freeze: Tuesday 12th February, 18.00 GMT
    End of Age 57: Tuesday 4th June, 12.00 GMT

If my counting is correct exactly 16 weeks,The age should be 8 weeks :P..Long ages are not productive

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Bonny View Post
    Start of Age 57 Freeze: Tuesday 12th February, 18.00 GMT
    End of Age 57: Tuesday 4th June, 12.00 GMT

If my counting is correct exactly 16 weeks,The age should be 8 weeks :P..Long ages are not productive
    last age had 110 days

the average of all ages is 90.5789 days (thats ages 1-57)

(if you will count all the days from age 1 to age 57 you will get 5163 days)

in the last 5 years (from age 40) normal age is most likly to end on the date: April 18th, YR12

"April 18th, YR12 at 12:00 GMT" meaning it has 88 days (12*7+4=88)

Post Fiend
    I love how you made my 4 weeks come down to 3weeks and one day, a difference of 6 sound really good :)

I checked in every so often when OMAC was in charge, and by all accounts it seemed suitably disastrous.

I'm debating on getting back into things, maybe trying the old fashioned method of signing up and sticking with whatever kingdom I land in. One thing's for sure; this time around I ain't setting my alarm clock to perform timed attacks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    I checked in every so often when OMAC was in charge, and by all accounts it seemed suitably disastrous.
    That's because it was disastrous.

Things have reasonably improved since then though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post

I'm debating on getting back into things, maybe trying the old fashioned method of signing up and sticking with whatever kingdom I land in. One thing's for sure; this time around I ain't setting my alarm clock to perform timed attacks.

Reality_check - sooner or later you will do that - as you grow closer to your kd you want them to perform better and not setting alarm clock on you are hurting your kd and you. Unless you stay in ghetto - why would someone stay in ghetto - its much fun to be in decent kd with active players.

this game is about the interaction between team mates - if I had no irc and no team I would of retired years ago
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Post Fiend
    Was editing the 'locs' really necessary? It will just confuse anyone reading this that didn't play back then.

Thread Information