Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflecting on This Age we need a Self Regulation Act

Reflecting on This Age we need a Self Regulation Act

As the thread title suggests I've been thinking about an easy solution that I would like to propose to the uto community, specifically monarchs and stewards of all the kingdoms in utopia that read this.
    Starting next age we should simply have a set of rules agreed upon by as many kingdoms as possible, and the punishment for any kingdom that breaches these rules, thus forming the "Self Regulation Act" or "SRA".

Put simply, it is a bunch of kingdoms committing that if any kingdom is either Deal Breaking, Double Hostiling or Hitting into Wars, they will be punished by being GBed by all kingdoms who sign up to the SRA for a period of x days (can be decided upon by majority vote).

We can nut out specifics but that is the general gist of it. This discourages ANY kingdom from participating in any unsavoury activity by fear of being GBed legimitately and justifiably so by kingdoms of the SRA, that are all well aware of the terms, rules and definitions (which we can agree on in this thread).

This is not an alliance and it is open to all kingdoms be they Abs, aAbs, or affiliated with no alliance or "side".

Please keep the bs out of the thread, if you don't think this is a good idea, don't be a troll, tell me why you don't think this can only be good for uto moving forward. If you do think it's a good idea, spread the word, tell your monarch, get them to agree on this and sign up to be a part of the judiciary to uphold the SRA in fairness and equality for all utopians.
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Forum Fanatic
    I like. Just like age changes a mutually respected set of terms should be made up and agreed upon by all. Let's kick these terms off so we can fine tune them huh?

- NEVER hit into a kingdom when war has been declared (Exceptions are only if a kingdom that is getting GBed declares on a GBing kingdom. This means the razes can continue into the war from the GBing kingdoms)
    - Never hit before notice expiration is up. A notice is not dibs on a kingdom. Neither is starting a dragon. Neither is making a thread in the forum. A dibs is when the first hit arrives into that kingdom. This therefore makes notice deals risky as you will be deal breaking yourselves if you leave early to get dibs on a war.
    - If a kingdom has a notice and it is publically known when the expirary date is, it is up to both kingdoms monarchs if they "break" this and war early t avoid a "notice"
    - A kingdoms notice does not reset if a kingdom enters a war with someone else. The notice does not freeze or expire and will be most likely up when war ends. If you get waved OOW it is your own fault for not re negotiating a CF.
    - Only hostile options are those that show up in the kingdom news page. Stealing and other such ops are NOT hostile actions as they can not be seen by a snatch news. A started dragon does not count as being in a hostile if there is no hits following it.
    - If kingdoms break rules they will get RAZE gbed. NO KINGDOM should gain out of the GB via TMing. Any TMs (Plunders/Sci learns) that happen by mistake should get intra kingdom razed afterwards or they too face a GB. A GB should be that no kingdom gains from the actions as all participating in it are fighting for the good of the game and are all slowing down their own growths.
    - If your kingdom has signed up to this list and is seen to not be taking part in the GB and is actually benefiting from the situation by random whoring or growin a bank (thinking as it is safe), this too will count as a rulebreak and your kingdom will get GBed as well.

EXCEPTIONS From participating in a GB :

- If your kingdom is involved in a war / eowcf
    - If your kingdom is involved in an active hostile
    Last edited by American Badass; 15-08-2013 at 12:07.

American Badass said pretty much what i wanted to say :)

Postaholic
    The only thing gb worthy is deal breaking... otherwise I'll gb only if it benefits me. IMO.

You should also discourage poaching, SRA is basically a sort of alliance and if "friends" go around poaching it creates bad blood.
    Specifically I mean if you know some other SRA kd has noticed kd X you shouldn't go about making deals to war kd X, it's dishonest.(if you had no prior knowledge or kd X waved you thats one thing but making deals to war somone a friendly kd noticed is dishonest)
    It has nothing to do with dibs, just some common decency/courtesy.

its NOT an alliance as mentioned in original post. no kingdom who agree to police the SRA is immune or above the rules. The rules are open to opinion and debate until agreed upon, once that is done, they are black and white, there can't be a "I broke the rule because...", if you broke the rule, you suffer the consequence. And any kingdoms adding their name to that will agree to that. That is the only way this can work imo. If you want to ensure it's done fairly eld, be a part of it and ensure that the rules that we all set are fair.
    Epic White Mage

Forum Fanatic
    Fight fair with fair. When the final "rules" are made if people do not agree to them, they do not sign up. If you do not sign up you do not participate in the GBs but at the same time if you get **** played you can not ask for x kingdo to be gbed.

If you do sign up and something happens you agree (If you are not in an active war/hostile) to take action and help with the GB.

@Baka : I personally do not agree with taking to benefit your own kingdom. This will result in people claiming something is unfair and then waving away to get an advantage over other members of the pact. IMO only razes. This way it shows the gb is "fair" and just. If kingdoms are gaining from it people will be finding ways to make it look like a kingdom broke a rule.

It sounds good on paper, but some of it seems like it could be difficult to actually enforce. Some things (like hitting into a war, or a clear cut agreement to war) are very obvious, but from what I've seen of logs and comments posted in several forum threads there often seems to be ambiguous statements, or what one kingdom things is an "agreed war" the other kingdom does not think is set in stone. I'm not saying that it's impossible or anything, just that it's not as straightforward as it might seem.

If in doubt, we do not proceed, let it be a lesson to the kingdoms doing diplomacy to seal their deals AIRTIGHT. That way they only have themselves to blame for poor diplomacy. If one kingdom has an airtight deal and the other kingdom has neglected to pay attention to the fine print and then gets punished for it, that is the fault of the kingdom who agreed to the deal made. If the deal is open to interpretation on both sides and it isn't clear cut, then SRA does not apply. This is just my suggestion btw, not anything official.
    Epic White Mage

Post Demon
    I didnt read past first sentance. Basically you want to involve all of us into same politics crap you dwell in.

Hell no, every kd for itself, pay back when feel wronged and fck that politics ****.

Forum Fanatic
    This is where IMO an SRA "Council" should be made consisting of all the leaders whom sign up. If there is one member involved within that rejects it is unfair/dealbreaking play the GB does not go ahead (obviously the kingdom's king in question vote does not count)

We need something in place to promote clean play. There is nothing in place that IMO really punishes deal breakers and this is why we see it age in age out. Just the threat of it should start to encourage fair play.

There is freedom for everybody or freedom for nobody!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Everybody is open to be a part of it, that is the beauty of it all, it's not restricted to Abs or aAbs, it's not even restricted to top level kingdoms, if an organized semi ghetto wants to get on board with this, power to them, they're free to do so, we could use monitoring on all levels, because this stuff happens every day at the bottom and I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them, who come on these forums to complain about it and get trolled and called noobs, which is pretty weak.
    Epic White Mage

Quote Originally Posted by jamin View Post
    Everybody is open to be a part of it, that is the beauty of it all, it's not restricted to Abs or aAbs, it's not even restricted to top level kingdoms, if an organized semi ghetto wants to get on board with this, power to them, they're free to do so, we could use monitoring on all levels, because this stuff happens every day at the bottom and I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them, who come on these forums to complain about it and get trolled and called noobs, which is pretty weak.
    This could work, but it would require some finesse. I have seen my fair share of ghetto alliances made to fend off "top kds" bottomfeeding. That turned ugly real fast. I cant say how many mails ive gottan over the years from a tiny ghetto after we made 1 hit into them "We will get our alliance and raze you scum!". Ghettos have a problem knowing what a random hit is vs a attempt to vulture. Just saying they could misunderstand the intentions of this, and do some stupid stuff in the name of your association.
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Forum Addict
    I don't see you suggesting this when you **** played other kds. Now that you are receiving karma you start crying and suggest rules only when it affects you?

Here's a clue, if you don't want to be **** played don't **** play others.

Nobody will adhere to any of these suggestions with a shady player playing in one of the shadiest kd's because your word is worth piss.

Thread Information