Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical withdrawal

Post Fiend

Tactical withdrawal

I think there is a problem with kds withdrawing when they are ahead. In my opinion you should not be able to come out better from a war than enemy kingdom if you withdraw. Point of a war is to submit oponent to acknowledge loss and that you get reward for it.

So solution to this would be:
    Lets say resource is whatever enemy king has selected as war win, be it honor or acres.
    So when you are withdrawing with more of resources than wining kingdom, game will rebalance those so that you won't be able to come out of war better than enemy. In case of MP no rebalancing would be done.

Point of all of this is to make kingdoms work harder for their rewards and not just take easy way out in 1st sight of trouble.

My kingdom doesn't care all that much about honor, what we wan't are quality wars and lately I feel that most of kds we beat pretty soon take the easy way out and honor whore for a day and WD. No sir, there is nothing honorable in that. Same is for acres. In the end its the looser that achieves what they wanted and we get denied of good war.

You might add that its just another tactical dimension, but it isn't, loosing a war to win simply ain't right. Fight your way to achieve goals.

PS: Rebalancing would be done if WDing kd is in the lead by resources, game would add both kd resources and split them in half and add another %10 to winning kd. If winning kd is in the lead, no rebalancing.
    Tadpole's troopers, aka RoughKnecks!
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

I don't think there's any reason to put this limit on what people can do with the game.
    I also don't see tactical withdraws as a problem, the looser decides when they've lost.

Why should you be additionally penalized for realizing that things are going southward before it has actually happened but that there's little you can do to change the outcome.

If you want tougher wars then go and arrange for them with like-minded people, some people want honor or land and if that's their primary goal in the conflict who are you to tell them that they have to fight for your enjoyment?
    Last edited by Elldallan; 23-08-2013 at 10:59.

Post Fiend
    My suggestion is here to change the state of the game, for me its not perfect. This way value of war and war win will rise.

Honor whoring and acre farming will not have a point, you will have to win your war properly and it would be the same for t10 contending for nw/land crown and warring kds contending for honor and war win crown.

EDIT: And yes I wan't to punish looser further, there shouldn't be win-win situation for winner and loose, u cannot give away win but leave with all enemy honor, if u wan't honor fight for it, same with acres. What good is a war win when enemy doesn't feel beaten?
    Last edited by nickey; 23-08-2013 at 13:03.
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

Regular
    war win and honor crown is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    My suggestion is here to change the state of the game, for me its not perfect. This way value of war and war win will rise.
    I don't see why war needs to have a value in and of itself, some people are after the resources others for the thrill, if you're the latter then find other likeminded people and arrange to war them.

Honor whoring and acre farming will not have a point, you will have to win your war properly and it would be the same for t10 contending for nw/land crown and warring kds contending for honor and war win crown.

EDIT: And yes I wan't to punish looser further, there shouldn't be win-win situation for winner and loose, u cannot give away win but leave with all enemy honor, if u wan't honor fight for it, same with acres.
    Some people doesn't care about ww's but see wars as a means to an end, I don't see a problem with that and I don't think they should be penalized just so you can get your thrill.
    Besides, at least for top 10 land/nw it's a lot more complicated than just winning or loosing which is why I think your idea is a horrible one.

Take AMA/Havoc for example, Havoc wd'ed because they were loosing the cow fight due to AMA's calves getting in on the action but winning the core one, they wanted/needed to regroup in order to not loose their cow completely, they viewed it as a win because they grew their cow several thousand acres, AMA saw it as a win because they gained acres overall and took more "explored acres" from Havoc than Havoc did for them and their cow was position just right for them to double it with pool, acres.

What good is a war win when enemy doesn't feel beaten?
    You still get the rewards don't you? Why do you need for them to feel beaten for you to be content?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I don't see why war needs to have a value in and of itself, some people are after the resources others for the thrill, if you're the latter then find other likeminded people and arrange to war them.
    Take AMA/Havoc for example, Havoc wd'ed because they were loosing the cow fight due to AMA's calves getting in on the action but winning the core one, they wanted/needed to regroup in order to not loose their cow completely, they viewed it as a win because they grew their cow several thousand acres, AMA saw it as a win because they gained acres overall and took more "explored acres" from Havoc than Havoc did for them and their cow was position just right for them to double it with pool, acres.
    Thats the problem, value of the war and war win is devalued by no obvious winner, if the WDing kd had more to loose, both kds would have different setups, would play it differently and obviously at the end real winner would get all the praise! And rebalancing thing wouldn't ruin the age for the looser, thing is nothing changes if winner is in the lead, so thats most of the war wins on server remaining the same, but in exceptional cases looser who wanted to back down while they still were in the lead would be just a little bit behind winner, obviously no one would WD while they are in the lead and will try to turn the war into their favour.

I like to post
    Tactical withdrawal is valid tactic. Noting wrong there.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    I personally hate it. A lot dumber when you boast it that you "technically won"

Then again a valid tactic as Elit said. Context would be if you're going for say crowns on Land and Honor -- so it boils down to KD objective. So it is valid -- but point is if you can't win the full 10 yards, then ya'r nub.

Withdraw fix. "All incoming land is forfeit."
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why do you care?
    They're exchanging a lot of science+a mountain of spec credits+a war win+Land/Honor reward in exchange for the war to be over. If you were losing and they chose to surrender then you won when you absolutely shouldn't have, so why would you complain about that?
    Move over, I think a bigger problem is kds that refuse to surrender when they've clearly lost.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Why do you care?
    If you were losing and they chose to surrender then you won when you absolutely shouldn't have, so why would you complain about that?
    If they choose to surrender, thats their choice, as an act of surrender they should surrender what they gained, if not, then they should push it to the end and win it. You are looking this from a wrong side, if you are winning clearly you don't need to give anything to enemy, but, you either need to submit them to accept defeat or beat them by doubling your nw. If enemy is dragging out but you are not able to push the nw difference, there is always MP option, but if u decide to give up then your don't deserve rewards.

By the way, eowcf and war win rewards are not that great.

Regular
    that is why war win and honor crown is stupid. it has little merit because the mechanics itself is broken and does not make sense to any winning kd. should increase deduction of honor + acre pool of the surrender.

Tactical WD is what it is. A tactical WD does not come with thousands of spec creds, free sci points, and free build credits so i wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Withdraw fix. "All incoming land is forfeit."
    Completely agree. Would solve problem of last minute suicide of losing team to gain acres/honor. A KD that loses the war should look like they lost the war at the end of it. Would add another dimension of deciding when to withdraw.

Enthusiast
    I think what you are saying is that the honor system of this game is a joke and completely broken. I believe most is in agreement there. If you can fix the honor system to actually be feasible instead of absolutely stupid... then you wouldn't need to change the way wars are conducted.

Thread Information