I think there is a problem with kds withdrawing when they are ahead. In my opinion you should not be able to come out better from a war than enemy kingdom if you withdraw. Point of a war is to submit oponent to acknowledge loss and that you get reward for it.

So solution to this would be:
Lets say resource is whatever enemy king has selected as war win, be it honor or acres.
So when you are withdrawing with more of resources than wining kingdom, game will rebalance those so that you won't be able to come out of war better than enemy. In case of MP no rebalancing would be done.

Point of all of this is to make kingdoms work harder for their rewards and not just take easy way out in 1st sight of trouble.

My kingdom doesn't care all that much about honor, what we wan't are quality wars and lately I feel that most of kds we beat pretty soon take the easy way out and honor whore for a day and WD. No sir, there is nothing honorable in that. Same is for acres. In the end its the looser that achieves what they wanted and we get denied of good war.

You might add that its just another tactical dimension, but it isn't, loosing a war to win simply ain't right. Fight your way to achieve goals.

PS: Rebalancing would be done if WDing kd is in the lead by resources, game would add both kd resources and split them in half and add another %10 to winning kd. If winning kd is in the lead, no rebalancing.