Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanctuary Disbanding

Unhappy Sanctuary Disbanding

Dorje, Ryan, Megas, and I have made the decision today to disband Sanctuary. It's bittersweet, as Sanc is like a family and it wasn't an easy decision to come to, but it's not right to continue on bringing shame to what we built. Most of us have lost interest for the game and see no reason to continue. This seems to be a common occurrence in Utopia these days with the long ages and timid changes.

Throughout the years we have had close to two hundred players come and go in Sanctuary, a lot are still playing in scattered kingdoms. I still consider all of them to be Sanc. I have such great memories from playing with you all and it was more than just a game to me. You can't invest that much time in something and not have it mean something. Personally, being in Sanc saved my sanity it brought me pride and joy and an escape I desperately needed at the time.

Keeping Sanc in the top wasn't easy. Having the highest average finish since age 40 is something we are very proud of. It took a massive amount of dedication and time. I liked to call myself the facilitator of fun because that's what I felt like sometimes. I had to be your entertainment, so you would feel welcome and part of the family.

Plans atm are to make a channel for all exsanc members to visit #sanctuary is going to be used for now on both servers irc.utonet.org and irc.absalom.info . Please, stop by and share your memories. Maybe we can do it again sometime =) llsanc <3

Forum Fanatic
    Shame to see a top kd hit the fan :(

Forum Addict
    rip sanc

Can't say this wasn't inevitable but still sad to see. Had a great time over the years with everyone. Couple shout outs..

dorje - The only leader in Utopia I would take orders from without second guessing. Was nice to see you join Sanc as a greenhorn and then rise up to be one of the greatest players ever. I'm still bitter you got monarchy but I guess I was only 16 at the time, I like to think that's why ;). You put up with all my **** and wouldn't let the anti-troll contingent keep me out of the KD for long. I can't even count the amount of "If you don't kick Ryan, I'm quitting," ultimatums you must have got. Even when it got really bad you let me sneak into the KD on an alternate alias. Must be hard to let go of your best teammate and player :)

Deana - Lot of ups and downs. Surprised you survived the year of terrorism of having to play with me AND proteus. You were always there and glad you're still around.

dk - The creator of Sanctuary from the Hall of Assassins shell. You taught me a lot.

KingJ - The brought in help during the mid 30s (ages) that shaped Sanc into its prime. Good man.

Aos - One of the most underrated players. Will never forget our reign on bf/****** where we won every crown for 3 ages in a row. Lots of fun.

Proteus - What a bromance. Wish you stayed around longer. Things were just heating up. But you were right, it wouldn't have been fair to everyone else if we played in the same KD.

Megas - I still want an invite to your wedding.

Allanon - I'm sorry you always got less pool and aid than me. All hail Allanon!

Darkz - Glad I don't have to see that 3 letter word anymore.

Slew - Surprising source of good advice. Loyal. If your computer was broken I'm pretty sure you would break into someones house to use their computer if something needed to be done.

Mamman - You had the personality of a 60 year old.

TiLL - The type of guy you want on your team. A train with no brakes.

vali - Could always count on you for backup in intra-kd arguments and fights :)

zara - You play a good province, too bad you couldn't keep it just in our KD.

oyzar - I can only hope you've found a big pair of pants for your marriage.

Chris_Keeling & SoShaan - Dependable texan duo. What would an age have been without you two making silly hits or bouncing.

Everyone else - Thanks.
    Last edited by I_am_Spartacus; 30-08-2013 at 22:39.

All hail Allanon ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Thanks for all the good and bad moments Sanc!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Forum Fanatic
    pray for jd....

I like to post
    Sorry guys but you cant disband :(
    Get Dorje play one more age. I need my revenge before you disband.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

sad to see sanc disbanding. Had fun playing with you guys and girls while I was there :)

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Sorry guys but you cant disband :(
    Get Dorje play one more age. I need my revenge before you disband.
    Hahaha this is hilarious. Elit's gonna have sleepless nights!

Post Fiend
    i agree if the game doesnt change enough, you will eventually get bored and quit.

awwwww </3
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Veteran
    :( very sad news
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

Forum Fanatic
    It's only my 2nd age in the top and it is boring already... how did you all play it for 58 ages some of you?

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    It's only my 2nd age in the top and it is boring already... how did you all play it for 58 ages some of you?
    Causer we played in good kds? But please dont derail this thread, create a new one instead!

Thread Information