Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etiquette re: War Agreements

Etiquette re: War Agreements

Hi guys, just registered to see what the community opinion is...

My kingdom was approached by another kingdom, who requested a war with us. We agreed to terms (push the war button as soon as available, nearly no-holds-barred but no PKs), and both kingdoms started dragons and exchanged hits over the course of about 24 hours. Afterwards, their KD had the war button active (we were hostile, they were unfriendly), and I asked them to push it. No response.

24 hours after the war button had been active for their KD, they declared war on another KD. My kingdom's dragon is nearly complete (we were waiting to send it until they pushed the war button), and they had a few provinces who had made hits on our KD that we had not retalled yet (we were holding hits until after the button was pushed). I'm wondering if my KD would be in the wrong to complete the dragon that we spent our money on, and retal our couple hits into their war during the first couple hours of said war.

What do you folks think? What would you do? I asked the king who had agreed to war, and he exploded on me, claiming that the wrath of all of his allies (certainly a bluff) would be brought down upon us, but to be honest, I feel like he deserves it for his lies.

send it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Post Fiend
    My first instinct was to send it. However, you might actually help them if you do this because if kingdom c sends a dragon and then you send it, you could kill half a dragon accidentally. I'd do some research and maybe pm monarch from kd C, or save the dragon for after their war.

just check SoT on a non war hero prov, if they have dragon don't send it, if they don't send it and message monarch of the kd they're warring that you did so.

Also if I were you I'd hit into their war for the first 24h but that might just be me. I don't like deals broken and I'll make damn sure my opponent knows that. Also consider razekilling the monarch after the first 24h, especially if their enemy chains him.

They broke a deal, it's up to you how you want to punish them for it. If you send the drake just make sure they don't already have one as someone else pointed out.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Prov kill the first prov that gets chained.

Respect the active war. Seek your revenge once its over. Just because they approached you for war, doesn't mean they owe you one.
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

Strategy Moderator
    Eh, if u thought what they did was dirty enough to warrant "payback" i'd send the dragon/do a few hits right now, no reason to wait. Main thing though is what will you gain by dealing with them more other than an enemy. They wasted your time but they didn't severely disable one of your people via say a pk or 40+learns so there's little "punishment" you need to pay them back for. Move on and just dont deal with that kd again no reason to fight someone you dont like.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    Respect the active war. Seek your revenge once its over. Just because they approached you for war, doesn't mean they owe you one.
    I can see why you're supporting kd's who break deals since you're also known as the Dealbreakers kd. Speaking of respect don't dirty the word.

Also didn't u use the very same excuse that rage "agreed' to a war with you for the dealbreak, which they didn't. LOL.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 22-08-2013 at 20:20.

I'm with tak on this, Debauchery has no business commenting on dealbreaking. And there is a difference between being approached for a war and having a completed agreement for one.
    S E C R E T S

If they approached him for war and they made and agreed on terms for one then yes it damn well means they owe him one. But as others have said you obviously place zero value in deals made except when it suits you.

Personally I think dealbreaking is worse than hitting into war so I think they deserve some interfering. it's a shame their war partner who presumably is innocent gets drawn into the whole situation but the fault for that lies with the kingdom who broke deals made.

Wait until EoWCF. Check to see if they are wearing a dragon and if not, send yours.
    PK-ing their chain victims would also work
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I'm with tak on this, Debauchery has no business commenting on dealbreaking. And there is a difference between being approached for a war and having a completed agreement for one.
    We actually had a completed agreement for one. We agreed to terms and both okayed them.

EDIT: Perhaps you're actually agreeing with me, I missed which one Tak was. If so, then sorry I'm just clarifying!
    Last edited by Aardvarki; 22-08-2013 at 21:41.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarki View Post
    We actually had a completed agreement for one. We agreed to terms and both okayed them.

EDIT: Perhaps you're actually agreeing with me, I missed which one Tak was. If so, then sorry I'm just clarifying!
    I feel like there are missing details.

How did your agreed war partner have the button on another kingdom?

I'm pretty sure that's what's missing.

They had the war button on us, and (according to their monarch), another KD hit into them during hostile (Their KD name was "HOSTILE STFO"). They retalled the hits, and were countered in turn. Ultimately, they exchanged enough hits with both us and the other kingdom that they had the war button with two different KDs simultaneously. In the words of the opposing king, he declared on them "to show them they can't attack into hostile KDs".

Thread Information