Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 59 proposed changes comments

Age 59 proposed changes comments

Please use this thread to comment on the age 59 proposed changes . We don't want to vary too far away from what is posted so try to stick to number tweaks rather than inventing new bonuses etc
    Last edited by Bishop; 05-09-2013 at 15:14.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Elves Revives dead troops -- Like AD or?

Sup with Humans? 6/4 elite, ToG, CS.... They are already the best race choice last couple ages.. making them that much better while making everything else (or mst other things) worse is an iffy decision. Orcs+Humans ftw I guess.

I like the proposed changes to honor. +BE instead of +pop would be better than a minor change to pop, and changing the scale for honor gains is a good idea.

Can we change ToG to be 20-30% income?

Will review other changes when I get more time! :)
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 05-09-2013 at 15:42.

Strategy Moderator
    I like the BE mod to pop instead of pop bonus. Wouldn't be against it being a DME instead of a BE mod though. You know attackers get a OME bonus and a similar bonus to def could be nice even for attackers.

When you consider halfing went from 5->4 in def while fairies went form 6->5 def any bonus instead of pop ends up being a bonus used to draft more and increase def to try and stay unbreakbale. Not saying a DME needs to be equal to the OME bonus but maybe 1-2-3-....could be useful. It would make the "pump" time lower too. With a simple BE mode if i want a high def/tpa/wpa i need to draft down to 2 peasants/acre and while honor covers my BE it still takes a long time to draft down that far. With a DME mod i have to chose draft down and hurt my BE or run higher peasants (and inherently i'd hit the same tpa/wpa just running few leet/dspecs)

BE bonus=need lots of units, DME =need fewer units to accomplish the same goal.
    Last edited by Persain; 05-09-2013 at 15:38.

As for sitting I suggest that you leave minimum buyable sitting time at 3 days but if you cancel it prematurely you can take control of your prov after first 24h has passed.

And meh, don't change explore formula from exponential, instead add a parameter that adjusts costs relative to servers largest province, that way you can still explore to catch up to rivaling banks but there's still an effective explore roof for whoever is largest(and subsequently everyone else but that roof keeps climbing along with whatever province is largest).
    Exponential explore costs was one of the better changes made to the land chart imo, it forced kingdoms to adapt and not automatically launch a single province and a few killers but the problem with it is that once one bank grows past the explore cap it's almost impossible to counter, so keep the exponential costs but make it feasible to catch banks who manage to "run away" in size.

Bishop, no race has access to War Spoil, is that intentional?
    Last edited by Elldallan; 05-09-2013 at 15:47.

If you are letting people gain more honor from random hits you should consider giving more honor of ops too. I've had 1 point (or none) from doing MS on a Lord.
    I love that merchants lose their plunder protection. no more rewarding people for inactivity
    People will cry about sage losing learn protection but I'd say let them.

If you consider changing sitting. How about letting a player with no province be sitter?
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Forum Fanatic
    Yay!

Only thing I will say is allowing a sitter for minumum 24 hours will be very nice if it gets implemented. This would be smart to boost income as many players do not want to use sitting for 3 days if they are only away for the night! Also, please increase sitting to unlimtted time or up it to a month. If people want to spend money and assign sitting to a province for a month they should be allowed to do so... they are after all supporting the game and it beats xlogging!

Let's not tweak or change as they are same for everyone! You see a wekness? Exploit it for your own kingdoms gain!?

Veteran
    I am not sure why anyone would pick sage, tactician or war hero under these changes.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

Post Fiend
    Yay for a pretty big shake up! Good job breaking the boredom :)

Any chance we could get an "infiltrate Wizards Guild"

Veteran
    I assume Faery has WS.

How exactly is Faery supposed to be played now? I am baffled!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    I assume Faery has WS.

Faery - Small.

Enthusiast
    You have no idea how much i like this kind of changes...i have been waiting for this kind of changes..for years...finally...developer made a aggresive change...this will make the game so so so so much interesting..:D

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    My only comments on the races are that Human and Undead might be a little too weak. Maybe give back Undead thievery and drop the human leet cost to like 850 or something.

Regarding the mechanic changes, I'm confused why you can't combine the options for the changes to honor. Swap the Pop bonus for a BE bonus AND tinker with the gains formula?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    My only comments on the races are that Human and Undead might be a little too weak.
    .... Just stop. Human in the proposed changes are OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    I assume Faery has WS.

It looks like they have generals back ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Thread Information