Thread: Orcs...

Regular

Orcs...

OP or not?

My reasons for running this:

Free draft = best attacker OOP, easy first win
    You don't have to run as many banks to fully build an army, you can now take your wizzies up to 2+ and become a pain in the ass for elves(who have reduced WPA + less runes).

Couple this with war hero, your troops are now trained before your army returns(I know they're not elites but you can work around it). + drag effects and plague...

Besides fireballs, what other scenarios would completely counter this build? What other builds would you play with or besides the orc?

Take into account the reduced runes generated by mystics and the possibility to even think about fire balling a KD full of orcs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Draft is limited to Normal in protection. They won't be able to really utilize their bonus until after OOP.

I'm pretty sure Halfer is the best attacker OOP.

Also, war hero is a bit of a waste. The plague immunity isn't a big deal since there shouldn't be too many undead running around (garbage), it lost it's honor bonus, dragon immunity isn't really a big deal unless you run kd-wide WH which is also kind of a waste, which only leaves you with the reduced training time, which don't get me wrong is really awesome, but it alone isn't worth wasting your personality slot on. You can always get the same training time that WH gives you by paying double and accelerating your training.

Orc Cleric would be pretty bad boy

Post Fiend
    Orc warrior with good military science, that's a good chain all by yourself :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Orc Cleric would be pretty bad boy
    Does the cleric protect you on ambush as well from casualties?
    Last edited by The Real Bonny; 06-09-2013 at 12:12.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes. It's a fixed -50% casualties.

Regular
    Why not just be different and run faery warrior.

show them whos boss lol

Age 63: Undead/Merch

Age 73: Undead/Paladin

Regular
    Yeah, picking a personality to fix a gimp is the best way to play this game lol...

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint View Post
    Yeah, picking a personality to fix a gimp is the best way to play this game lol...
    It's what I find to be the clearest evidence of a kingdom that doesn't work well together. Players drawn to " do it all " builds aren't bad players per se.
    As for war hero, my impression of the strat, it's suppose to be a soldier conduit for dragon slaying. The archetypical build being dwarf(BE) with the immunities in place to produce unfettered as war allows. - The true strength in persona/race is in it's synergy with other builds.
    My liking all races, I'm fine with the orc concept. But a kingdom load of orcs vs avian and you may understand I'm not inclined to see orcs dominate.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 08-09-2013 at 10:47.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information