Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age 59: talking about T, M T/M

I don't play T/M too often but it doesnt seem like T/M's cant defend anymore, just means they need more homes :P.

Quote Originally Posted by marksss View Post
    why are the orcs and undead always so overpowered?
    undead is overpowered next age? lol -1 gen to undead make it so much weaker than any other attacker races, maybe orc is overpowered next age but definitely not undead

Regular
    The Age of Mayhem im telling you.

Age 63: Undead/Merch

Age 73: Undead/Paladin

Enthusiast
    It's like being back in ~2003 again with people commenting how the game will die, the devs love attackers and hate T/M and various other "sky is falling" comments.

T/M should be breakable, honour should be less spikey in gains/losses (ie. losing 1k which took a week of ops to farm to 1 hit from a Lord is total BS) and wizard training needs a totally new system or to be far faster so T/Ms who are chained and forced to release don't have their age destroyed in one war.

Needs to get out more
    If reaching UB is bleak you can turn to more productive means. I'm a defensive player, but it's not hard to see the aforementioned t/Ms operating in aggressive fashion. Faery simply moves to soft target ops, but the plethora of options are still their strength. If faery have generals now that makes them very intriguing. The proposed changes are pretty cool in my mind and I play undead a lot. The archetypical builds are still intact. A bit fuzzier, but still absolutely viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

With Faeries getting their generals back, there is little reason for non-attacker races not to play as a hybrid. Having your acres taken in war? Take them back, if your kingdom is dishing it out too, there should be some targets available to you. I have been palying as a Halfling/Rogue this age, and have been very successful at gaining land in war. I expect more of the same next age.

The point of a t/m is not necessarily to be unbreakable, you have your role in a kingdom.. If you get massacred 4-5 times at the beginning of war then you know that those attackers are going to get dragged down.. Massacres are the worst attacks in war for an attacker.. With no land incoming, committing a lot of offense to break a Mage it's like asking to get chained to 200 acres..
    Elf should be easier to play next age as an a/m - losses are horrible on elves but that reanimate troops would help a bit.

Thank you all for your comments!

I agree that t/m should not be unbreakable too easily, maybe the changes are good as they are.

Since i'm the OP, I would like to change a bit to the Elves :)

I was wondering if a 'pure mage elf' can offer the same help to your kingdom as an hybrid A/M ?

Also, could you guys please elaborate on how to play an Elf A/M? This concept is new for me! *shock*. I'm a bit puzzeled by how to run an Elf A/M without hurting my BE too much. I need thieves to protect my wizzies and D-specs, I need good defense to prevent massacres a bit, but at the same time i need proper offense.

How can i manage this and keep a proper BE? (what is a proper BE, somewhere near 90% ? As faery i run like 108% BE). What is the role of an Elf attacker? Wait a bit until some targets are softened up?

I'm curious!

Run Elf Cleric, with like 20% hospitals as an A/M... All combined perks (thanks to someone else in another thread for crunching numbers) leaves you with like -70% losses on offense and -85% losses on defense, which most likely will all be revived as soldiers thanks to racial perk...

I don't understand all of the crying about the changes.
    It wasn't long ago, people were bi**hing because everything was stale and never changed much.
    Well guess what; things are a-changin'.

As far as certain types of players no longer being Unbreakable; GOOD.
    You should not be able to sit safely inside your mountain villa and cast down MS and FB on the lowly attackers below with little or no fear of retribution. Maybe now you will adjust your strategy and play a more rounded character. Maybe build an Offense for a change and take back some of those acres someone had the nerve and audacity to take from you.
    I know you feel the bit of sarcasm so subtly hidden in there.
    At least, I hope you do.
    And for those who are threatening to leave the game because of these types of changes; Good-Bye.
    I hate to see you leave a totally free game that was given to you out of the kindness of the Great Utopian Gods black hearts. Again, hidden sarcasm(not so hidden).

Just adjust your strategy to compensate for the changes. If you can't, then consider playing a different Race/Personality for a few Ages. You may find out that there is a lot of fun involved in attacking and being attacked. Personally, I think it's much better than blindly casting spells and stealing everything you have.
    If you can't tell, I usually play an Attacker.......LOL!

Sir Postalot
    Agreed, the unbreakability of T/Ms in ages past made most all wars and fights very boring.

Needs to get out more
    Adjust. It's that simple. If you're idea of strategy is to be UB, bigger or have more stuff then you need to brush up on a little military history, watch any sport or see what the players are doing at any music venue. Jazz is a great teacher for how to approach Utopia. If you understand bubble screens in football you'll begin to understand springing nw gaps to achieve max advantages. Battle of Kursk is a wonderful example of logistics and the necessity of surprise; a bulge in essence a RL nw wedge.
    * off topic: I've drawn a parallel between the mods and Three Little Billy Goats Gruff. I'm pretty sure Bishop is the one that poked the troll in the eyes. *
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 08-09-2013 at 00:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Guys,
    I didn't whine or QQ...nor did i say we need to be unbreakable..
    In fact, i even wrote that the changes might actually be good!

So please READ properly.....

Anyhow. .. returning to my last questions..
    What is the role of an Elf A/M ?
    They wont have the offensive strength like orcs/avians... what is their msin purpose in hostile phase?
    Thnx for all the comments so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpupz View Post

Anyhow. .. returning to my last questions..
    What is the role of an Elf A/M ?
    They wont have the offensive strength like orcs/avians... what is their msin purpose in hostile phase?
    Thnx for all the comments so far!
    Elf A/M is good for spell defense - if you run a decent wpa then you`ll be less likely to get FB'ed to death. In turn, you will be able to FB most attackers your size due to the racial bonus in magic.
    Your role in kd would be attacking low to mid defense provinces, chain targets and then cast fireballs on orcs/undeads and pitfalls on chain targets

I really like the new changes...shaking up things is needed!
    They gave Pandora a box. Prometheus begged her not to open it. She opened it. Every evil to which human flesh is heir came out of it.
    The last thing to come out of the box was HOPE.... It flew away.

Pandora's Box aka PB

Thread Information