Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Climb to the Crown - The SWEA Story

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I care when kds boast about "grand" things that they didn't do. SWEA crowned. Good job. But stop acting as if you triumphantly crushed all the opposition on your way to a flawless solo victory.

And there, I edited my post. Any more irrelevant semantics you wanna argue over?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I care when kds boast about "grand" things that they didn't do. SWEA crowned. Good job. But stop acting as if you triumphantly crushed all the opposition on your way to a flawless solo victory.

And there, I edited my post. Any more irrelevant semantics you wanna argue over?

Well maybe you should start caring when you know what you are talking about instead. Winning the crown was quite the achievment, SWEA played the game very well to their own advantage and it got them a crown.

Its hardly irrelevant since it has totally different meanings depending on how you word it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It was irrelevant to my point. You had as much help as any Abs kd has ever had winning their crown. In fact, prolly more.

It was irrelevant to my point. You had as much help as any Abs kd has ever had winning their crown. In fact, prolly more.
    Now you are just plain stupid, you do realize that thanks to that gb AMA was gaining on SWEA? If you call that help then you are beyond saving.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You do realize that if they hadn't been getting 3v1'ed they'd have been gaining land faster right?

You do realize that if they hadn't been getting 3v1'ed they'd have been gaining land faster right?
    From who? The only potential target in that case would been us and we had a CF with them, they had both eowcf with Simians and Pewpew.

You still havent explained how its beneficial for us that AMA was gaining acres?
    Last edited by Korp; 26-09-2013 at 16:21.

Sssh Korp, Palem knows all the ins and outs.

Postaholic
    [QUOTE=Palem;15256623]I care when kds boast about "grand" things that they didn't do. SWEA crowned. Good job. But stop acting as if you triumphantly crushed all the opposition on your way to a flawless solo victory.
    QUOTE]

So, help me to understand.

If a kingdom had crowned, not boasted about it - and pulled off a flawless solo victory then they would be called?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    From who? The only potential target in that case would been us and we had a CF with them, they had both eowcf with Simians and Pewpew.

You still havent explained how its beneficial for us that AMA was gaining acres?
    Korp, you referring to the CF that you guys broke to wave AMA 1 day before EoA?

Post Fiend

+1. Empty crown indeed in a race where the other contestant legs was shot at.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
    if you were truly worth your salt you would realize how little a war win typically means all things considered - SWEA vs. Rage not being any form of .
    This is a big step away from your position of swea the last few weeks

1. First you bragged how you personally owned and retired me and fabricated how I was involved/leading/whatever when I was not involved at all. Then after it has been proven AGAIN (the proof was already there i was not involved before the war even began) you guys dropped the argument that you beat me leading/made me retire/all other bull****.

2. Next you bragged about beating Rage even though the leaders behind Rage's recent short term success (last 10 ages - me) and long term success (ASF) were not involved and its not the same as winning as if we had been same as beating BB without flogger or AMA without elit.

Now you say one WW means nothing which I agree with.

No one denies swea won a crown last age. But you can win a crown by exploring and dicing all age without a single fight, or by beating all the good kds 1v1 and then crowning, or having others farm to you and your opponents gbed. Not all of those crowns are viewed equally by the community or highly regarded. Your right its still a win but public perception of your talent and recognition of a being a good kd is not tied to whether you won a crown or not. In the end record and consistency matters.

In the end I'm personably happy as swea has talked massive shot towards me last age when I was taking the age off and then when I joined ama I had the unexpected good luck of bein waved by swea and elit being of of town and leavin me to run that war so i more than got my revenge..what normally would have been a sleepless weekend it was one of sweet revenge that I relished.

I got nothing more to say, let me know next time you play in a kd going for the top so we can war.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post

1. First you bragged how you personally owned and retired me and fabricated how I was involved/leading/whatever when I was not involved at all. Then after it has been proven AGAIN (the proof was already there i was not involved before the war even began) you guys dropped the argument that you beat me leading/made me retire/all other bull****.

2. Next you bragged about beating Rage even though the leaders behind Rage's recent short term success (last 10 ages - me) and long term success (ASF) were not involved and its not the same as winning as if we had been same as beating BB without flogger or AMA without elit.

No one denies swea won a crown last age. But you can win a crown by exploring and dicing all age without a single fight, or by beating all the good kds 1v1 and then crowning, or having others farm to you and your opponents gbed. Not all of those crowns are viewed equally by the community or highly regarded. Your right its still a win but public perception of your talent and recognition of a being a good kd is not tied to whether you won a crown or not. In the end record and consistency matters.

In the end I'm personably happy as swea has talked massive shot towards me last age when I was taking the age off and then when I joined ama I had the unexpected good luck of bein waved by swea and elit being of of town and leavin me to run that war so i more than got my revenge..what normally would have been a sleepless weekend it was one of sweet revenge that I relished.

I got nothing more to say, let me know next time you play in a kd going for the top so we can war.
    +1. Well said Proteus.

Thumbs up

Swea retired propro from leading rage, and then crowned. You can't just join the best kd the following age and then beat them in one war (which you ran because like i said before you're a toilet inspector, and you probably used one of your sick days to run the war).

That doesn't sound like vengeance to me brobro, that sounds like your mad you got owned so hard last age, and now you're trying to get em back.

Your best bet is forming a new kingdom, beating swea in war, and then crowning. If you want to get even that is ;(
    Last edited by KuhaN; 27-09-2013 at 05:16.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Swea retired propro from leading rage, and then crowned. You can't just join the best kd the following age and then beat them in one war (which you ran because like i said before you're a toilet inspector, and you probably used one of your sick days to run the war).

That doesn't sound like vengeance to me brobro, that sounds like your mad you got owned so hard last age, and now you're trying to get em back.

Your best bet is forming a new kingdom, beating swea in war, and then crowning. If you want to get even that is ;(
    Troll on son.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post

Dear Don Proteus,

Firstly, I never stepped away from anything; for someone who frequently brags about his smarts, it is interesting how you have the comprehension skills of a 10 year old Swede. There is, for example, no contradiction in me pointing out that the war itself mattered little (seen outside of its context), and me pointing out how we, effectively, took Rage out of the competition the last age. We did.

Secondly, I never bragged about how I "personally owned and retired you" nor did I fabricate "how [you] were involved/leading/whatever". In fact, I don't think anyone (but Elit) ever questioned whether you were leading the war (coss and hesus did, I knew that before the war started); to my knowledge, the only thing that has been up for discussion at all was whether you were playing or not - personally, though, I never found that discussion very interesting. There is no need to flatter yourself, I really don't care.

Lastly, I never said "one WW does not matter". Five or ten, war wins, in general, don't matter. Or rather, they poorly reflect a particular ability of a particular kingdom. Simply, there are too many confounding factors. Simply, too many wars are won long before the wars even start (or more typically, don't).

P.S. Rage has 0 solo crowns. A win is a win is a win. Interestingly, this SWEA crown is actually quite similar to many of those earned by Rage; the crown was won on the back of playing the game better than everyone else, game here being 'Utopia', nothing else. Similarly, if PB can dice freely to take a crown, how is that not an achievement in its own right? Obviously, not everybody can dice their way to the crown, more than everybody can 'Rage' or 'SWEA' their way to their crown. A crown is a crown is a crown. Simple, really.
    Last edited by JustinSane; 27-09-2013 at 08:02.

Thread Information