Thread: Orc Warrior

Orc Warrior

Hi guys.
    I took a long break from Utopia and stuff have been changed .
    I managed to play 1month and a half from the previous age as an Halfling Rogue to start easy :)
    Now i want to play as Orc Warrior and i have some questions if you can help me :

This is my building strat as it should look like (as a goal in the future , how to roll with it) :

War Time :

12% Farms
    20% TG (24% Off bonus) + 10% from Warrior (in war time)
    15% Rax (19.13% less attack time)
    20% Hospitals (-48% Military losses)
    8% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% WT

OOW :
    10% Houses
    10% Farms
    10% TG (24% Off bonus)
    20% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% Stables

a)Now in War , since i have the Warrior bonus for OME i suppose i can run with 10% (instead of 20%) TG and put 10% in Stables ?
    b)OOW , i will pump wizzards along with Learn attacks and Plunders .I don't think i will need banks , right ?
    - Since Wars should last like 3 days (everybody being active) i don't need houses for my BE or income since i keep houses before war starting and for 3 days i can manage keeping my province in good shape with BE and some money .Of course , depending the enemy , strategy changes and you can build diff strat but as a general idea , is it good ?

2)For OOP i was thinking of something like this :

10% Houses
    10% Farms
    14% Armories (-18.6% training cost)
    10% TG (13.5% Off bonus)
    8% Guilds
    5% Towers
    8% Stables

- I will train elites along with some def spec but i aim to have as much opa as i can in the first days coming oop.
    - I am thinking to remove those 10% houses and put them in the Banks . It will take a while until i will have 65% draft rate which is my aim .
    I also want to run with : 35 rdpa , 2 rtpa rest off .

Constructive critics are welcomed

try this general build oop

explore 100a and build

1. Homes: 40 (10%)
    2. Farms: 40 (10%)
    3. Banks: 120 (30%)
    4. Armouries: 80 (20%)
    5. Guilds: 60 (15%)
    6. Towers: 20 (5%)
    7. Stables: 40 (10%)

Quote Originally Posted by wormskull View Post
    try this general build oop

explore 100a and build

1. Homes: 40 (10%)
    2. Farms: 40 (10%)
    3. Banks: 120 (30%)
    4. Armouries: 80 (20%)
    5. Guilds: 60 (15%)
    6. Towers: 20 (5%)
    7. Stables: 40 (10%)
    OOP we will go for waving --> War.
    I don't think having so much Guilds will help me at all since i need to do my role as attacker . That means i should have some Hospitals since i will attack and i want to loose as less troops as i can .

Banks , i am thinking of using them during protection to build troops . After that in the wave scenario i can gather enough resources for the war .
    Also , homes i can raze before war and convert them into something better suited for my Orc .. something to give me off , no ? Since the BE drops easy not fast and my draft rate will take some time to reach 65% i guess i will loose acres by keeping the homes .
    At least this is how i see things .
    If i am mistaken please let me know.An explination also would be greatly appreciated .

You want to run guilds to get your wpa us as soon as possible. I always run 20.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You want to run guilds to get your wpa us as soon as possible. I always run 20.
    I understand and i agree with that but since we will go for action right away , i am thinking that in order to do that i need to take 5% from my Hospitals and 10% of my Homes and put them into Guilds to reach 20% .
    I don't think changing something else from the build strat i came up with for oop will be ok for me as attacker .

I wouldn't bother with homes myself. Its not going to make or break you though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Ok so for oop i can go like :

10% Farms
    14% Armories (-18.6% training cost)
    10% TG (13.5% Off bonus)
    18% Hospitals (-44.28% Military losses)
    20% Guilds
    5% Towers
    8% Stables

?

And in war i will switch to :

10% Farms
    20% TG (24% Off bonus) + 10% from Warrior (in war time)
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% WT

Should i invest something in Forts or in GS as well ?
    If i should invest in Forts or in GS i could take like 5% TG and 5% Hospitals. And i could go for GS to loose less , i know there is no such thing as perfect def . That doesn't mean i will not have it but i guess GS are better.

Regular
    would, turn into a liability sucking up your kdm resources, fb, greed,riots,steal that gc u thinking to have for war,explosions all while keeping an eye for any aid shipments and stealing it , troops w/o paying wages and no banks , pray its a minimum time war if i was you.

pump build>complete war build, early age, yes even if looking to war, esp. if looking to war, my personal thoughts.

I know this will depend from KD to KD, but i wouldnt run that oop build with so much focus on off.
    They gave Pandora a box. Prometheus begged her not to open it. She opened it. Every evil to which human flesh is heir came out of it.
    The last thing to come out of the box was HOPE.... It flew away.

Pandora's Box aka PB

Post Demon
    GS. Get them, use them.

More applicable later in the age - if you are one of the biggest offense around, you should expect to get chained, hard, at war start. Best way to remove a province's offense is to deep chain. (Since the game prevents them from attacking till they release.)

Also, even if ignored or shelled, you will still eat a lot of hits once they take the land back. Though if they go that route it'll be later in the war so you could phase into a defensive build.

Without GS you are far too easy to deep chain, you might even be chained with only half the enemy kingdom if they are good, while they go kill another prov at the same time. Even if they aren't as good... focing them to spend 2 waves chaining you gets 2 major things. 1 - it lets you get more land incoming. 2 - the extra work the spend chaining you is work they can't use chaining a kingdommate.

So, in short, you will be chained almost no matter what you do (if you aren't, you probably screwed up and aren't a real threat for some reason). So a lot of your build should be about mitigating the chain and forcing them to work hard for it.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    This looks good to me even in this OOP war scenario.

OOW :
    10% Houses
    10% Farms
    10% TG (24% Off bonus)
    20% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% Stables

Doubt gs will have a huge impact on 500 acres,and since u said u`ll be running leets and def specs,the extra guilds u`ll need not to fail anonimity,or u`ll end up losing those leets to ambushes,tough you might need a few more towers...

Thanks guys , i have something in mind now , i took all your advice into consideration and i have come up with a strategy .
    Have a great new age , all of you ;)
    Happy hunting!

Thread Information