Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultima 3.16 Ready!

Had Ultima for a few hours, then deleted it for good old angel! w00t!
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Cello View Post
    Had Ultima for a few hours, then deleted it for good old angel! w00t!
    Yeah it was ok for as long as it lasted but now that angel is back I'm going back to angel.

Bijo I'm curious, why do you insist on using a different hashing function than angel, from my point of view it can only hurt your project since you force kingdoms to decide on one application "to rule them all".

I like to post
    Yes im so hapy Angel is back!
    Biojo Ultima have good features and you put alot work there but if you can make export line to work with angel you can gain more users. Not sure if this is hard but make adonn for Chrome/new opera will help too.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Yes im so hapy Angel is back!
    Biojo Ultima have good features and you put alot work there but if you can make export line to work with angel you can gain more users. Not sure if this is hard but make adonn for Chrome/new opera will help too.

Making other tools read and create angel export lines is not just hard, it's impossible, else it would have been done by now.
    There was several attempts at getting BG to release his export line code (as far as I know), so everyone can benefit of it, apparently it didn't work.
    (I guess rotating ads every 30 seconds is too sweet for him to allow other tools to be compatible with angel)
    I have tried to get other devs so we can work together on a new (web based?) API for export lines, so at least the actively developed tools benefit from common exports, I only faced partially agreement and ignoring. Everyone were like "you do it, we use it" or "use mine! they work!". That, and also going open-source on a cross-platform desktop app. Everyone were teasing me to release my tool's code, but when I said I'd like to start it as a new project and gave the initial code, everyone backed off.
    Either way, as long as there are devs willing to cooperate on this, it's doable, with or without Brother Green.
    I might actually restart that project with rewriting the news formatter....

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

I like to post
    Thanks for your explain Eus.
    Standards is most important.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    Making other tools read and create angel export lines is not just hard, it's impossible, else it would have been done by now.
    There was several attempts at getting BG to release his export line code (as far as I know), so everyone can benefit of it, apparently it didn't work.
    Ah, I always assumed that Angel used some well documented hashing function to generate export lines, but if that's not the case I can see why there is a problem -_-

Post Fiend
    Eus: Is your export line generator available? or is it one of those if I take apart the XSI I'll have it?
    Bro Green has an 'Apply for API Key' things where you can request to get API access to generate angel compatible export lines.. but doubtful how many he's approved.. I was denied first request, but re-requested now that he's had problems letting angel expire..

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Ah, I always assumed that Angel used some well documented hashing function to generate export lines, but if that's not the case I can see why there is a problem -_-
    I guess that's not the case, as it looks more like encrypted numbers which represents the actual data in some way (at least that's what could be seen when one tries to take a peek into angel).

Quote Originally Posted by zim312 View Post
    Eus: Is your export line generator available? or is it one of those if I take apart the XSI I'll have it?
    Bro Green has an 'Apply for API Key' things where you can request to get API access to generate angel compatible export lines.. but doubtful how many he's approved.. I was denied first request, but re-requested now that he's had problems letting angel expire..
    Utopiatemple's export line API is not the greatest thing out there. When I was building Seraphim, at first I applied and used it for a while. The problem with it is that it is limited in the number of requests you can do. Say, 100 per day or something like that. Which means that one full kingdom can use that tool 4 times per day per province, if they make equal amount of intel formatting.
    Seraphim's export lines are not publicly available right now, but as I said in my previous post, I am willing to cooperate with other devs in building up a common export line API.
    Or I can just make something like what BG did, but without the limitation in the requests....

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post
    I guess that's not the case, as it looks more like encrypted numbers which represents the actual data in some way (at least that's what could be seen when one tries to take a peek into angel).
    Well yeah, a hash is normally not easily reversible which angel export lines obviously are(and have to be) so I guess I made a bad choice of words, but I hope I got my meaning across anyway :)

Post Fiend
    I'd think Angel's Export Line is pretty easily reversible.. because Angel does it very easily.. My guess is it something compressing the data like zip/rar and then converting that to letters/numbers instead of nonprintable characters.. plus he used to have that message service where you could create special messages that would show up when ppl cb/sot you, and he had the christmas message..

I was very impressed w/ everything that's built-in to this 'Ultima' firefox extension.. Wish it worked for chrome..
    I've pulled out the Export line encode/decode from the XSI for Ultima, and can get it to spit my Ruler name/Prov name/personality back out, but the rest must just be encoded values.. because what I'm left with still looks like this 002l2ccHqJGl200000n000000cb0m0000N0rh0c_0M000000iv000000y009000000000

Thread Information