Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pewpew vs. Rumors Bargains & Lies

Forum Fanatic

Pewpew vs. Rumors Bargains & Lies

Lets have a healthy discussion here are some conversation starting questions:

1. Who will win?
    2. Why is pewpew attempting to play in t10 range this age when it has been proven in 2 back to back ages that they can't defend their land from good kds and end up farming out/deleting.
    3. Who will pewpew farm out to this age?

4. Why is Proteus so mad at PewPew?

discuss.

Who are these ghettoes
    #sinners <---click to join

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Lets have a healthy discussion here are some conversation starting questions:

1. Who will win?
    2. Why is pewpew attempting to play in t10 range this age when it has been proven in 2 back to back ages that they can't defend their land from good kds and end up farming out/deleting.
    3. Who will pewpew farm out to this age?
    Your point #2 is just ridiculous. What makes a "good" kingdom these days? Simply avoiding conflict. Who is #1 and #2 currently? The 2 kingdoms who didn't or haven't yet fought anyone. Who has the #1 and #2 banks currently? Same answer. Likewise, come late age, odds are those 2 kingdoms will be the best situated.

At the end of the day, ever since these new pool rules have been implemented, fighting early hurts you late. That's why despite our setup being made to wave any and everyone, and no point did it ever really make sense. Even then, we were likely to only get free waves, not a war.

Kingdoms like pew or others who choose to want to fight people earlier and make setups for that, aren't "worse" than kingdoms that you and I have led recently, who mainly just setup for later in the age.

To me the most interesting kd is jerks, if they could go 3/3, they could buck the trend.

Is Proteus allowed to open threads for Rage after leaving them for a better kingdom?

Postaholic
    Who let the dogs out??

Elit!!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Your point #2 is just ridiculous. What makes a "good" kingdom these days? Simply avoiding conflict. Who is #1 and #2 currently? The 2 kingdoms who didn't or haven't yet fought anyone. Who has the #1 and #2 banks currently? Same answer. Likewise, come late age, odds are those 2 kingdoms will be the best situated.

At the end of the day, ever since these new pool rules have been implemented, fighting early hurts you late. That's why despite our setup being made to wave any and everyone, and no point did it ever really make sense. Even then, we were likely to only get free waves, not a war.

Kingdoms like pew or others who choose to want to fight people earlier and make setups for that, aren't "worse" than kingdoms that you and I have led recently, who mainly just setup for later in the age.

To me the most interesting kd is jerks, if they could go 3/3, they could buck the trend.
    You have some valid points but I do not agree with all. Good kingdoms are those that win the majority of their wars and place well consistently. Kingdoms like AMA, BB, old-Rage come to mind.

I don't think its a mistake to fight early assuming you enter a profitable fight. I can remember times where I was involved in early conflict (vs. SWEA/Fury/BB) and on all occasions fights allowed us to grow bigs even further and keep pace with top due to WW bonus and free eow pump that translates to better randoming.

Early fights that are destructive are bad. Early fights where you don't gain enough or your enemies explore cows and then vulture you oow are bad. Early fights where you beat your competition soundly and play correctly afterwards are damn good.

Also I would disagree that when leading Rage in the past ages after new mechanics that I setup for late game in exchange for early age vulnerability. Quite frankly our setups were flexible enough to be good at all points in the age. I would have been mad to pick a setup that tanks early age as getting CFs was no picnic with everyone targeting us as you very well know.

I don't believe avoiding conflict makes a good kingdom really. I know there were some wins that hoh got in recent ages when they have virtually avoided conflict as the top non-abs kingdoms were engaged with Abs. However when having to fight strong opponents they ended up not winning those wars or crowning (hoh ud setup vs bio avian and hoh lost to bio elf rogue setup the following age). Avoiding fights early was good in ages without ww bonuses and oop cow galore ages of old. I agree at times its best to not fight early but being good means being able to defend your acres. If you don't have an equal shot at holding your own vs kds like AMA and Bb age in age out then you won't be able to defend your acres and cant crown (absent gb, intentional farm out, and other chart shaping).

Now back to pewpew. They have no history of beating good kingdoms in clean 1v1 situations the same way kingdoms like AMA, Rage, and BB have established such records. Pewpew has a history of pulling lame stunts when faced by an opponent that outplayed them and have resorted to either self deletion or intentional farmout. Pews biggest claim to fame is perhaps beating sanc on an immediate vulture after their drawn out hostile with AMA (after which they whined about the possibility of being vultured by Rage although they did it to Sanc that same age). Also not to mention i was closely watching pewpew micro and macro strat in age they promised to war Rage in exchange for cf and it was absolutely horrible, kinda reminds me of baka's cow strats. So no pewpew has no record of doin well against the "who's who" of the T5.

Jerks is doing quite well and their smart play definitely deserves praise. After they farm ED they will be in a very formidable position.

@baka - who let the farms out? You did.
    Last edited by Proteus; 04-10-2013 at 02:47.

Postaholic
    Elit needs to control his dogs better

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    to me the most interesting kd is jerks, if they could go 3/3, they could buck the trend.
    if?
    ;) :P
    Last edited by tetley; 04-10-2013 at 04:34.

The Jerks.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    Elit needs to control his dogs better
    I don't have dogs.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

yes you do. Its proteus, keep it in place please.
    PewPew - Dont bring knives to an laser fight!

Post Fiend
    Hey! I've finally guessed one kingdom right.

I imagined the one now fighting RBL had to be Pew Pew because they look like a strong warring kingdom.

read the title, dont guess.
    i Fix </3

Post Fiend
    Lol I mean I guessed it before reading this thread.

There are still many I don't know who they are though, like the Balls, for example.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazne View Post
    Hey! I've finally guessed one kingdom right.

I imagined the one now fighting RBL had to be Pew Pew because they look like a strong warring kingdom.
    Pew Pew is doing good every age OOP but cant keep it all age.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information