Thread: The ultimate strategy thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by skoyl12 View Post
    hypthetical scenario
    Your bank is dwarf (or any other race but faery, i leave that out because of the 5 def) the rest of your kd is anything you like but orcs.
    My bank is halfer or faery and have a core of orcs in kd.

Your spies in my irc channel tell you that i decided to hit you. If you are dwarf you can hit fort and with builders boon you have 11 hours to switch buildings.
    If i need to switch buildings and have gold saved i can do it in 8-9 hours.
    Also if my orcs are at 60% DR in 11 hours just by casting pat the can push their DR to 68%
    If they run 65% they can push to 72%
    Thats 7% of the pop of each province. If i add agression the solds are 2/0 or 3/0 for halfer and if ican add mercs that is 2.2/0 and 3.2/0

Especially in the halfer case that has 10% bonus and with even some minor science (3-4%) i can overpopulate up to 15% more and be able to attack. Thats almost 33 ppa which is huge for bank.

My question is do you see a way to counter that or how much bigger should you be in order to be safe (my questimate is 30% land or more) do you agree with that.
    Using a 10,000 acre bank with 10% pop science and 10% halfer bonus, I get its maxpop as being 302k. 15% over that is 45,375 soldiers it can take without overpop. times 3*1.15*1.076*1.09 = 195k offense, or about 18 more OPA, not the 33 OPA you quote. Halfer is about 18 OPA short compared with dwarf naturally, so all this does is essentially make the 2 races even for one round of hits, and losing all of your peasants to the point where you likely cannot afford wages. In addition, when you get retalled, you've just really overpopulated yourself and cost you a lot of thieves and elites. If you can be either nightstriked or nightmared, the enemy can kill the soldiers as well.

The counter would be to also just overpopulate your bank to start off with better units.

However, the idea does have some potential if you can make it unbreakable somehow.
    Last edited by flogger; 26-09-2013 at 10:39.

Thread Information