Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The ultimate strategy thread

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    That's tough to do. MS+Tornadoes would be your best bet. Alternatively, a NM run to get rid of his thieves and basically your whole kd NS'ing it. But you'd need quite a lot of nightmares.
    If its only 1 halfling on 1700a there should be no problems.
    Some more factors i just like to point out.

Fireball it down to keep it without econ and greed+storms on top of that MS.
    Can spread your generals to bounce it down and eventually even conquest it down.
    Make sure PF and well BG is active when you do. Emerald on top of that and use core attackers with other mods to increase the casualties for the halfling.

It can be a problem if they got 2-3 halflings like that and take a lot of extra time. But 1 halfling alone should not be all that hard if you explore all the alternatives you have to bring him down.

Sry if i post in this thread that belongs to you Flogger. I just wanted to pick out the obvious.
    By all means MS+NM+Torn it also so it becomes in range before you able to break him.

Overpop works much better if they have tons of pessies but i would not want to leave a 1700a halfling on lots of pessies to make it even harder to bring it down. Id do both torns+FB.

Furthermore the base gain for conquest is decent in war and will put the damage where it belongs to take him down slowly but safely.

The only thing i see as a problem is if its a 1 vs 1 fight, but thats very unlikely and then the halfling will win. =P

Over and out
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Enthusiast
    flogger
    The 33 was pop per acre not opa. The whole point of that example was that orc free draft is completely broken, maybe i focused too much on halfers.
    The defense banks need is relative to the next province that can threaten them. So if a bank is safe with 40% DR for example the second in size would be with 50% (to compansate size differense). Now if second province can push to 80+% DR within a matter of hours and not even having a specific built it changes balances completely. Same thing applies for fast thief pumps.
    The 2 races that can benefit most from that are halfers (huge advantages) and faeries secondary.

Sir Postalot
    free draft could certainly be taken advantage of by a well organized kingdom. However the enemy has the option of playing a peasant control game on orcs.

Post Fiend
    Hey,so I got a question too.

War situation ,enemy kd has a feary/cleric UB ,low drafted,funding dragons etc...Our t/ms are chained and way off range,do you see bounces/conquests a viable way to bring him down ?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    Hey,so I got a question too.

War situation ,enemy kd has a feary/cleric UB ,low drafted,funding dragons etc...Our t/ms are chained and way off range,do you see bounces/conquests a viable way to bring him down ?
    If your TM's are chained I'd just fireball the faery cleric UB, then its pretty useless.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    If your TM's are chained I'd just fireball the faery cleric UB, then its pretty useless.
    The NW difference/range woudn`t matter ?The penalty is just a myth ?

taking down orc/merchant kingdom?

Sent an Emerald Dragon put up usual ops (drought,greed,riots and ms). They killed it within 2 hours. Sent a gold killed it within 2 hours. Running 23-28% gs.

Tried deep chain. Gains were limited to 16 acres, 22 acres, 34 acres, while their gains were 60-70-80 acres.

Sir Postalot
    on magic ops like fireball, NW difference does not play a huge role. NW difference plays a much larger role in thievery and really hard magic ops like MV/MS. Fireballing someone 3-4x larger than you is quite easy, and if they are chaining your thief mages without following them up with massacres, your thief mages should have quite the large WPA advantage.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookylou View Post
    taking down orc/merchant kingdom?

Sent an Emerald Dragon put up usual ops (drought,greed,riots and ms). They killed it within 2 hours. Sent a gold killed it within 2 hours. Running 23-28% gs.

Tried deep chain. Gains were limited to 16 acres, 22 acres, 34 acres, while their gains were 60-70-80 acres.
    The key to chaining is determining whether you have the networth range to finish it, and what you are looking to accomplish. If the province has 400 acres incoming, chaining it to 200 acres does you little good, UNLESS your goal would be to take all of its defense.

To take all of its defense, you have to make sure that you are chaining shortly after they hit, if they have a lot of land incoming, chaining someone who returns soon is basically just a completely wasted wave. Orc merchant isn't cleric, so should lose alot of troops to hits. Assuming you can organize your kingdom to be hyper active and the target you are chaining isn't hyper active, I would chain it right after it sends out, take all of its defense away, and keep enough spare armies for when his armies return, and then 20x bottomfeed him with spare armies when all he has left is 7/1 troops turtled.

A pro strat would be making sure to rob his gold 10 seconds before the tick his armies return, that way he can't pay wages and even if he is online, he cannot send out and you can commence with 20x'ing him turtled to kill off his offense.

Chaining early in the age when everyone has .5 WPA is completely different than chaining later in the age when everyone has 3 WPA and 3 TPA to overpopulate military.

Its hard to come up with general chaining guidelines without knowing at what point in the age it is, and knowing what sort of WPA (which you can't release) your enemy has. Chaining someone with 3 WPA is much more effective than chaining someone with .5, and that's mostly the difference between early age and late age, so you have a different war strategy early (you care more about econ) than late (when no one has econ)
    Last edited by flogger; 27-09-2013 at 04:33.

Post Fiend
    i have really appreciated this thread by its numbers..... but its really not viable facing a top warring kd... u have already stated that every strat has a counter.. and i agree 100%. your setups and ideas have been very number limited based not execution... your numbers u stat dont mean anything if a x factor is being thrown into it...

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by madi View Post
    i have really appreciated this thread by its numbers..... but its really not viable facing a top warring kd... u have already stated that every strat has a counter.. and i agree 100%. your setups and ideas have been very number limited based not execution... your numbers u stat dont mean anything if a x factor is being thrown into it...
    It seems like most top warring kds just have a lot of thief mages that are larger than the rest of their kingdom and they war people who can't break them. That's why I like fighting at the top of the land charts, because there are more considerations. If you just stay small and make sure that you're winning the war before it even starts because you have 10 unbreakable thief mages, what fun is that?

From a war kingdom standpoint, the setup I suggested earlier this thread would take care of all attackers within 36 hours and then our thief mages would beat anyone else's.
    Last edited by flogger; 27-09-2013 at 05:35.

Post Fiend
    i disagree.. thats a optimal situation but not true...

This happens every war... For example, I'm at 1000 acres, my army is out for 10h and I have 100 acre incoming, but then I see my province reduced to ~300 acres.
    What's the best war to deal with this in the 10h period that my army is still away for, other than just seeing my troops desert every tick? Can being superactive help when being chained - even if the kd is ghetto and can't aid you? Cheers!

Post Fiend
    and i dont agree about fighting at top of land charts... i think a lot of top land chart kd's if got in a war with warring kd they'd be in for a shock... if within 1 mill net or so, depending on time of age..
    Last edited by madi; 27-09-2013 at 06:12.

FB, LS and FG ignore a large chunk of the nw penalties by design for just these situations.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information