Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The ultimate strategy thread

Quote Originally Posted by madi View Post
    and i dont agree about fighting at top of land charts... i think a lot of top land chart kd's if got in a war with warring kd they'd be in for a shock... if within 1 mill net or so, depending on time of age..
    I call BS and gonna prove it this age
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    I agree with you Anri... Now, some of the top War KD's, when moving to making a run at the top can make a whoring KD look foolish (just look at what's going on with Jerks and HoH), however...most of the top KD's are built upon coordination and strategy, so they know how to war (as a lot of them were recruited from warring KD's at some point too)...
    Age 57, 58 #Anno
    Age 59, 60, 61 #RBL

IRC - Matthais

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    HoH isn't what they used to be without Kygal :(

We gave Jerks a better fight than HoH seems to be giving them.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    HoH isn't what they used to be without Kygal :(

We gave Jerks a better fight than HoH seems to be giving them.

Aaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh. Soooo Hard not to comment.

There is just no way to say it without it feeling like a poke in both your eyes buddy.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    How you gonna prove? Aiming for ww crown?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Aaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh. Soooo Hard not to comment.

There is just no way to say it without it feeling like a poke in both your eyes buddy.
    I'm a big boy. I did say "seems to be giving them", Jerks might be exploring more than they did against us and blowing up the land/nw gap quicker than they did against us. I do know we didn't start bleeding acres until about 40 hours in.

No doubt to me that HRS gave Jerks a better fight...I was never asked one time why HRS was farming out, and have been asked at least half a dozen in this case
    Age 57, 58 #Anno
    Age 59, 60, 61 #RBL

IRC - Matthais

Hey!

We have a problem with rune shortage this age. Is it viable to steal outside of war when in war?

Best regards

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by thamen View Post
    Hey!

We have a problem with rune shortage this age. Is it viable to steal outside of war when in war?

Best regards
    I think that is morally wrong and is "Cheating". I'd steal from them in war tbh... That is just my oppinion though.

Flogger : To deep chain or not?

Regular
    Bribe thieves, always sometimes or never?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenWeCollide View Post
    I agree with you Anri... Now, some of the top War KD's, when moving to making a run at the top can make a whoring KD look foolish (just look at what's going on with Jerks and HoH), however...most of the top KD's are built upon coordination and strategy, so they know how to war (as a lot of them were recruited from warring KD's at some point too)...
    Very good point I've been unable to put to words. I have a lot of respect for you madi, but I think if you compare your forum diplo with silly rabbit it'd do you some good. And no, I'm not expecting great war kingdoms to be great diplomats. LoL
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 28-09-2013 at 14:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    flogger, for a human mystic cow type of thing this age, would you run static homes as part of a war/hostile build to compensate for the 10% pop bonus?

awesome thread btw

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    It seems like most top warring kds just have a lot of thief mages that are larger than the rest of their kingdom and they war people who can't break them. That's why I like fighting at the top of the land charts, because there are more considerations. If you just stay small and make sure that you're winning the war before it even starts because you have 10 unbreakable thief mages, what fun is that?

From a war kingdom standpoint, the setup I suggested earlier this thread would take care of all attackers within 36 hours and then our thief mages would beat anyone else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by madi View Post
    i disagree.. thats a optimal situation but not true...
    I agree with Flogger. Smaller warring kingdoms message around for wars they know they will win. Small war kingdoms most of the time DO NOT wave kingdoms but will send a message so that they do not grow big off of the acres they have taken. Most of the time as well kingdoms do not msg kingdoms whom are bigger.

I mean if you look at the top of the warring charts now

This age :

Rank 1 beat a kingdomm 22 vs 20 (Average Opponent size 102%)
    Rank 2 beat a kingdom 25 vs 24 (Average Opponent Relative Size 99%)
    Rank 3 beat a kingdom 22 vs 20 (Average Opponent Relative Size 94%)
    Rank 4 beat a kingdom 25 vs 25 (Average Opponent Relative Size 92%) (Going for growth?)

Quote me eoa and I bet we will not find a kingdom top of honor/WW chart with >100% Average Opponent size and monitoring each war the winner will have 1 or 2 more players than the losing kingdom...

In top growth IMO wars are fought out much tougher as they are even (25vs25) and will set alarms during war and not nes be just in/out.

Most war kingdoms like flogger has pointed out run heavy TMs like Free. Some will be UB and by 2nd wave they'll all most likely be UB due to ops. I think Free rank 10 Faeries last age and dominated war kingdoms. If they were to do that against a growth kingdom it would not work as for one there WPA would be crap and 2 they'd be over run and this is why you dont see heavy heavy TM growing kds this age

More than likely the warring kingdom would not war growth kingdom due to being on equal acres and not have a 90%+ chance of winning :P Warring kingdoms moan so much about being bottom fed due to the fact they grow their TMs much higher than their cores.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    flogger, for a human mystic cow type of thing this age, would you run static homes as part of a war/hostile build to compensate for the 10% pop bonus?

awesome thread btw
    Depends on whether the cow is needed to attack or whether its just needed to produce economy/slay drakes/produce soldiers. From my rough math if you're running 5 WPA and 4 TPA, you don't have much room for military, so Homes actually may be better than TGs/Forts.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    Bribe thieves, always sometimes or never?
    Should be always, I usually forget

Thread Information