Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The ultimate strategy thread

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    I think that is morally wrong and is "Cheating". I'd steal from them in war tbh... That is just my oppinion though.

Flogger : To deep chain or not?
    I wouldn't rob runes OOW. And I usually deep chain more than most. But my goals are usually land related, best way to gain alot of land is preventing them from hitting you.

got any good tips on how i should be running a halfer/merch in a ghetto without back up, yet. Should have 2 provs joining me at +1200 acre in the upcoming days. Full leets or divide on some ospecs for lower nw?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Depends on whether the cow is needed to attack or whether its just needed to produce economy/slay drakes/produce soldiers. From my rough math if you're running 5 WPA and 4 TPA, you don't have much room for military, so Homes actually may be better than TGs/Forts.
    In this case I would say the bank needs to attack and is not unbreakable.
    Bit early in the age for a cow to have 5 WPA don't you think? That's like... nearly 9 days of pumping wiz on 60% guilds! :O
    just now I realize I said "bonus" instead of "penalty" in my first post, but you knew what I meant anyways.

The Jerks.

Enthusiast
    I agree with Flogger. Smaller warring kingdoms message around for wars they know they will win. Small war kingdoms most of the time DO NOT wave kingdoms but will send a message so that they do not grow big off of the acres they have taken. Most of the time as well kingdoms do not msg kingdoms whom are bigger.

I mean if you look at the top of the warring charts now

This age :

Rank 1 beat a kingdomm 22 vs 20 (Average Opponent size 102%)
    Rank 2 beat a kingdom 25 vs 24 (Average Opponent Relative Size 99%)
    Rank 3 beat a kingdom 22 vs 20 (Average Opponent Relative Size 94%)
    Rank 4 beat a kingdom 25 vs 25 (Average Opponent Relative Size 92%) (Going for growth?)

Quote me eoa and I bet we will not find a kingdom top of honor/WW chart with >100% Average Opponent size and monitoring each war the winner will have 1 or 2 more players than the losing kingdom...

In top growth IMO wars are fought out much tougher as they are even (25vs25) and will set alarms during war and not nes be just in/out.

Most war kingdoms like flogger has pointed out run heavy TMs like Free. Some will be UB and by 2nd wave they'll all most likely be UB due to ops. I think Free rank 10 Faeries last age and dominated war kingdoms. If they were to do that against a growth kingdom it would not work as for one there WPA would be crap and 2 they'd be over run and this is why you dont see heavy heavy TM growing kds this age

More than likely the warring kingdom would not war growth kingdom due to being on equal acres and not have a 90%+ chance of winning :P Warring kingdoms moan so much about being bottom fed due to the fact they grow their TMs much higher than their cores.
    I want to remark about warring kingdoms only fighting smaller kingdoms.
    It's true some kingdoms like to bully smaller kingdoms to get a war.
    But many top warring kingdoms in fact need to resort to fighting bigger nw kingdoms just to find a war...
    After getting 2 or 3 ww's, many kingdoms will just refuse to fight you. So you need to resort to finding kingdoms with either a player advantage or a nw advantage.
    On top of that, the reason top warring kingdoms frequently have smaller average networth opponents is because they are forced to make the first hostile wave and give away the button.

Simply because kingdoms will not fight us without having the button.
    We are forced to make a full hostile wave which usually results in the enemy kingdom starting off with a lower networth than us, even though they were bigger when war was agreed upon.
    So in WW charts it might show on average we face smaller kingdoms, in fact we usually fight kingdoms around 5%+ bigger.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    got any good tips on how i should be running a halfer/merch in a ghetto without back up, yet. Should have 2 provs joining me at +1200 acre in the upcoming days. Full leets or divide on some ospecs for lower nw?
    run enough thieves to cast blanket riots on anyone who hits you.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post
    I want to remark about warring kingdoms only fighting smaller kingdoms.
    It's true some kingdoms like to bully smaller kingdoms to get a war.
    But many top warring kingdoms in fact need to resort to fighting bigger nw kingdoms just to find a war...
    After getting 2 or 3 ww's, many kingdoms will just refuse to fight you. So you need to resort to finding kingdoms with either a player advantage or a nw advantage.
    On top of that, the reason top warring kingdoms frequently have smaller average networth opponents is because they are forced to make the first hostile wave and give away the button.

Simply because kingdoms will not fight us without having the button.
    We are forced to make a full hostile wave which usually results in the enemy kingdom starting off with a lower networth than us, even though they were bigger when war was agreed upon.
    So in WW charts it might show on average we face smaller kingdoms, in fact we usually fight kingdoms around 5%+ bigger.
    Overall KD size doesn't matter, its mainly the size of the thief mages relative to the enemy attackers. I doubt strong war kingdoms routinely war kingdoms that have multiple people who can hit their thief mages while not having people to hit their targets' thief mages. Large attackers who can't break your TM's would be a good target for a war kd.

Regular
    I agree with Flogger. Smaller warring kingdoms message around for wars they know they will win. Small war kingdoms most of the time DO NOT wave kingdoms but will send a message so that they do not grow big off of the acres they have taken. Most of the time as well kingdoms do not msg kingdoms whom are bigger.

I mean if you look at the top of the warring charts now

This age :

Rank 1 beat a kingdomm 22 vs 20 (Average Opponent size 102%)
    Rank 2 beat a kingdom 25 vs 24 (Average Opponent Relative Size 99%)
    Rank 3 beat a kingdom 22 vs 20 (Average Opponent Relative Size 94%)
    Rank 4 beat a kingdom 25 vs 25 (Average Opponent Relative Size 92%) (Going for growth?)
    2 weeks into age, war charts dont mean anything. Come late age, other kd's only war you if you give them every advantage.

Quote me eoa and I bet we will not find a kingdom top of honor/WW chart with >100% Average Opponent size and monitoring each war the winner will have 1 or 2 more players than the losing kingdom...

In top growth IMO wars are fought out much tougher as they are even (25vs25) and will set alarms during war and not nes be just in/out.

More than likely the warring kingdom would not war growth kingdom due to being on equal acres and not have a 90%+ chance of winning :P Warring kingdoms moan so much about being bottom fed due to the fact they grow their TMs much higher than their cores.
    Um, how about fighting 2 players down and giving them size advantage + button? Thats what we have to deal with because noone wanted to war us late age, even those who agree to war drag a week long hostile with hostile meter in 190s then chickening out. Last age:
    1. Won 23 vs 25 (~100% nw kd, finished 5/6 ww)
    2. Won 23 vs 23 (~105% nw kd, finished 6/7 ww)
    3. Won 23 vs 25 (~130% nw kd, fnished 3/6 ww)
    4. Won 23 vs 25 (~97% nw, finished 5/6 ww)

Don't give me crap like we have to fight tougher 25 vs 25 wars. How many of you guys are willing to fight 23 vs 25? I don't know what you're getting on with alarms... most war kds alarms is mandatory... and expect to be contacted 24/7 if anything comes up.

Edit: yes they had guys who could and did chain our tms
    Last edited by Duke_; 29-09-2013 at 03:50.

Just ignore him Duke_

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    run enough thieves to cast blanket riots on anyone who hits you.
    well that was boring advice. I had more hopes on you!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_ View Post
    2 weeks into age, war charts dont mean anything. Come late age, other kd's only war you if you give them every advantage.

Um, how about fighting 2 players down and giving them size advantage + button? Thats what we have to deal with because noone wanted to war us late age, even those who agree to war drag a week long hostile with hostile meter in 190s then chickening out. Last age:

Don't give me crap like we have to fight tougher 25 vs 25 wars. How many of you guys are willing to fight 23 vs 25? I don't know what you're getting on with alarms... most war kds alarms is mandatory... and expect to be contacted 24/7 if anything comes up.

I won 22vs25 whilst being 10% less networth.

True story.

Post Fiend
    I won 22vs25 whilst being 10% less networth.

True story.
    cool story bro,tell us more

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_ View Post

Which kd are you in?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    cool story bro,tell us more
    Simians vs Monument I believe. Yes it was impressive.
    - gergnub, I truly sympathize with your dilemma: guys needing to catch up while losing precious capability vs tops. My only advice to you is to dictate aid and order it's use. This is how I learned some valuable lessons. Your antics simply required too much of my attention for my lax intentions this age.
    My Question: prelude to war we are evenly matched with a 7 on 7 provinces in the 100k nw range. Our opponent has 3 elves on their side in this range, we have one. My instincts tell me trying to massacre down 3 elves will have detrimental consequences. The enemy has a core of 8 halfers above this nw range. It appears we plan to give them the button. - How should we approach this lower tier matchup? Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

<3 StratOcastle, its all good buddy!

Thumbs up

I support flogger, i've learned a lot playing in BB the last two ages.

Cool thread.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Thread Information