Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orc Cleric suicide strat questions

Enthusiast
    Listen carefully:

The banks are not important. You are highly drafted and low peasants so banks don't provide any real bonus. High offense is really important.

Aim for:
    5 peasants per acre
    2 thieves per acre
    10+ elites per acre... The rest def specs and wizards.

High MO is the most important factor.
    Get a lot of training grounds (15%-20%) and stables (12%)
    Barracks are also important.
    Guardstations are a must. 20% is good.
    Homes can help with BE, but personally we don't run them.
    10% guilds 5% towers is fine.
    Absolutely no hospitals. also drop banks. no more than 5%.
    WTs: 10%-15%

Like someone noted, if you are very small, you can have less guardstations, and instead get more barracks or something else.

make sure the target you hit has pitfalls on him:
    pitfall + orc racial = 1.15 * 1.25 = +44% enemy losses. without even including emerald dragon.
    With emerald dragon on enemy you reach +65% enemy losses!

Nightstrike effects troops that are out on attack too.
    So having your army in/out does not protect you from that. You are always open to NS.
    Propoganda only effects troops that are home, so if you have all your army home you are a good propoganda target for rogues. I wouldn't worry about NS too much unless i have a lot of soldiers and specs.

Your kingdom setup is good for warring.
    However many kingdoms will not go into a war against an opponent with unbreakable t/ms.
    You need to take into account your t/ms will be open to hits and chains and plan accordingly.
    It will come down to activity and strategy.

Forum Fanatic
    I realize I can try for some constructive criticism here.

uhm hoi, can you please represent all your science in terms of %, rather than bpa ?

Also, why is MV on you relevant? MS doesn't kill army out, and if you get chained as you seem to want to, your peasants and defspecs will be dead quickly... What spells do you need removed off you exactly?

It might be the ghetto, but any semi-good warring kingdom will just let you grow fat and land lust you, or at least they will nuke your peasants/tornado all your buildings and you won't be able to pay wages. That WPA means you are completely at the mercy of their mages. Just one mystic doing a solid op run on you can seriously disable you.

Finally - you have 13 T/Ms?? Are they planning on attacking? What exactly will you do vs a kingdom that has 18 or 19 heavy attackers? Consider the situation. If your orcs are "suiciding," then they will more easily get multi-tapped, meaning they will get chained faster; thus, even if you chain just as well, both you and your opponent will likely have ~11 provinces chained and max gaining, well out of networth range of the T/Ms, while they still have 5-7 attackers threatening the T/Ms you want to "lock up" acres in. And since faery/halflings are MUCH more difficult to make unbreakable than they were last age, this seems like a problem situation.

The Jerks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post
    make sure the target you hit has pitfalls on him:
    pitfall + orc racial = 1.15 * 1.25 = +44% enemy losses. without even including emerald dragon.
    With emerald dragon on enemy you reach +65% enemy losses!
    From experience I've found that Pitfalls is actually +50% defensive losses. Hopefully someone can shed light on that. If so, it's quite strong - even stronger on Orc.

Also... Sapphire all day, every day
    Last edited by Nightmare_; 28-09-2013 at 23:17.

I totally agree with the people saying you need to find room in your strategy for Hospitals.
    Even though you are Cleric, you want to build on the Bonus you are already getting.
    Don't rely on that bonus to replace Hospitals.
    So if you put 10% Hospitals in and also put in some Guard Stations, even at 700 acres, it will be a good Province.
    Try to run around 5-6 DSpecs/Acre, but like someone stated, if you are alone doing this, you are toast.
    You need others in the Kingdom doing similar Suicide Strats.
    That is where Suicide Strats really show out.
    When alot of the Kingdom run them.
    All of this is total opinion.
    It's not backed up by math, just instinct.

Veteran
    So, just an update. I used 5 ppa, 6 dspa, 0.4 wpa, 2tpa and the rest elites at the start of the war. Got deepchained, was left with a huge army of ogres, had a fully functional province with it. I was helpful when it came to chaining their provinces and got in a huge amount of acres. We won the war at min time with +1850 acres on our kingdom. I wasn't landlusted or anything. Ghetto's see a big attacker and feel the need to chain it. I prepared for it and it worked out well.

Regular
    "The banks are not important. You are highly drafted and low peasants so banks don't provide any real bonus."

Don't agree with this. Smaller you are the need for banks is less. 1000 acres, and you get depopped to 1k peasants you can still pay wages. You are 2000 acres and get depopped to 1k peasants. Its near impossible to pay wages. Banks major pt is that 25gc per bank. Which helps pay the army when you are depopped. Yes you can ask for aid, but noone else could be on, and horses tick at home without stables is a major loss. You asking for gold is less gold for dragons that always need more gold.
    Last edited by kazinji; 24-11-2013 at 00:38.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    From experience I've found that Pitfalls is actually +50% defensive losses. Hopefully someone can shed light on that. If so, it's quite strong - even stronger on Orc.

Also... Sapphire all day, every day

Pitfalls and bribe generals (if it works) is 50%

Thread Information