Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Macgyver vs. ED

Regular
    feel bad for johio who had to write ED on there
    Dragons be Evil

Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    great war ED. It seems like a major factor is ED being able to utilize 2 halfers while EJ couldn't utilize 5 of their halfers.
    ED had Halfers???

Needs to get out more
    2 halves make a (w)hole.
    I'm satisfied with the explano - figured the elves would lose effect as runes get scarce, but the halfer ill-effect was something I hadn't surmised. IMHO dwarf build time can be exploited early to create a gap that may sustain. Thus, I've always had luck, avian vs dwarf. Also IMHO, and admittedly hind sight, elf power can be used to leverage core supremacy if NM( 4 example ) is utilized.
    Thank you guys for the post war update. Valuable learning experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Forensick View Post
    feel bad for johio who had to write ED on there
    Im fairly sure that Johio didnt write that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedurur View Post
    Im fairly sure that Johio didnt write that.
    Indeed, parth was probably given help by a few mirrors.

Enthusiast
    Very fun war, think it could have gone either way at many times until the last 48 hours or so when it looked more like we could push through a win.

Nice to see Parth (and others ofc) back to best doing leadership, I guess he's not such a useless Swede all the time, however I knew once pictures were asked for it was going to be filled with regret... Too many times have I seen that ass... :\

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Very fun war, think it could have gone either way at many times until the last 48 hours or so when it looked more like we could push through a win.

Nice to see Parth (and others ofc) back to best doing leadership, I guess he's not such a useless Swede all the time, however I knew once pictures were asked for it was going to be filled with regret... Too many times have I seen that ass... :\
    Yeah it could. The one thing that stands out is when Ryan bounced, and we ****ed it up royally by doing 2-3 bounces on him. If we could have gottan 6 hits in on him (2 avians x2 and 2 humans x1) he would have been sitting in overpop for 5-6 ticks before he could resend again, and suffer another 6 hits. I was to put it mildly, using some unkind words in our priv chan when i saw the bounces :)
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Regular
    ryan bouncing was my favourite part of the war!
    his prov failed as badly as his personality
    Dragons be Evil

Post Fiend
    Mrcurious, why did your cows doublebounce?
    Ryan insisted on sending 1.02% claiming he had never failed before. And he even flamed people for sending 1.04

I think game was over when we managed to fb your cows down to 14k pez and started cq them. Our core had grown too much and had too much peasants. Our cows did a superb job keeping your cows occupied in the meanwhile. 4x4 bottomfeeds on core 2 times a day would have been disastrous

Puh. Thank you for great war and the fact that you WDed, cause im working all weekend!

Think i had 21 uniques in 1 week of war, many of the attacks around 4am. Exhausting is a understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by zmasternr1 View Post
    Ryan insisted on sending 1.02% claiming he had never failed before. And he even flamed people for sending 1.04
    People often say they never fail on 2% over. Doesn't mean its not possible, just statistically unlikely.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I know for a fact that Ryan wasn't around for war. He was being sat by flogger.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    I know for a fact that Ryan wasn't around for war. He was being sat by flogger.
    he wasn't around for the first few days, glorious peaceful happy days.
    he wasn't sat by flogger though.
    Last edited by Forensick; 11-10-2013 at 13:38. Reason: coz of caves man
    Dragons be Evil

Quote Originally Posted by zmasternr1 View Post
    Mrcurious, why did your cows doublebounce?

I think game was over when we managed to fb your cows down to 14k pez and started cq them. Our core had grown too much and had too much peasants. Our cows did a superb job keeping your cows occupied in the meanwhile. 4x4 bottomfeeds on core 2 times a day would have been disastrous
    We used 1.02, but the nublets forgot to change from trad to conquest on 2 of the bounces. We considered hitting your fat avians, and we had started doing it leaving enough defense to be UB from your 2 cows, as they lacked the offense. But you managed to FB them down, keeping them status quo towards the end, that made the difference.

But alot of other things factored, some i wont even care to mention as it comes off as making excuses for why we lost. Lets just say we need to adjust a few things. You live and learn i guess.

In the end we got a good exciting war out of it, and thats what matters now (I would lie if i said we aren't annoyed at not pulling in the win) :)
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Regular
    i wouldnt consider the other reasons "excuses", i imagine we were both subtly adjusting strats fairly constantly towards the end
    Dragons be Evil

Thread Information