Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Macgyver vs. ED

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I guess. It's the cool name " Evil Dragons " that's attractive. - I missed the genesis of this merger between ED and splinter ABs. Since the thread is flame fat can someone enlighten the peanut gallery on this OT in glorious detail?
    Thank you, and yes updates to on topic as well.
    I joined ed actually primarily because verm/realest had always liked them when we were friendly with them when I played in heretics. One age when bio+2 friends (I think force and remains) decided to gangbang us ed made the 2 allies stop after a few waves. Naturally we then farmed bio and raze killed a bunch of them:)

I was sad to find out that verm/chandler had retired 2 ages ago or such
    My life is better then yours.

Enthusiast
    If someone sent a notice to someone ofline and also clicked on the message so marker dissapeared thats cheesy.

Ok, i think its time to speak up here. Just because someone says its true, doesn't make it so. This is utter bull****, especially the kind posts from Godly, speaking of ppl he thinks he knows. Godly, you have no info about this, you are not in either kd, so because you think you know whats right, it makes your posts true? Since when?
    Pendel sent only notice to their ingame monarch, who was online and opping at the time, we have him in our news so proof is available.
    He did not this out of malice, but because he thought that was ok to do so, seeing as the monarch was online (this is how pewpew sent us notice last age aswell).

By doing that, he opened up for ED to come to us asking for more time, since they did not believe we would actually serve notice. We did not click the sent message, and goodz knows it. He came on irc trying to stall for more time, and quickly turned silent after it didn't work. You dont think he would start forum posts ASAP if we really did something this sneaky? Srsly?

No posts, no drama, only a minor note in this thread, thats it. So obviously, we did not commit this "crime" as we are being accused of.

Just because none of us posts in here, doesn't make these allegations true.
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Post Fiend
    For easiness and transparency in future just send notices to monarch and steward/ whole kd and all be sweet!

Now is the time to turn this thread into more positive frame of mind, although I know EJ leadership told there people not to be on talking forums, so perhaps we can have some fun in war forums instead.

<3 Jerks <3<3 Celien

ED is happy to dance with EJ, a kingdom with whom we feel much affinity, for example both our kds begin with E and BOTH kds are afflicted with swedish leadership :(

Good luck to them and may the best kingdom win!
    Last edited by LightNing; 05-10-2013 at 18:39. Reason: spelling
    #Hiatus

Needs to get out more
    @ MrCurious : Thank you, but I put little stock in accusations as far as tops are concerned. It's not a lack of basic respect, but I can smell a debate challenge vs right and wrong.
    - I'm an idiot with math, but it appears to me my ambush calculator is working. My idiot proof solution is to send what would defeat full defense as in trad march. Also, always make absolutely sure your not just opening the drop screen, but that you're not accidentally hitting conquest, etc. - it's ok sf
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 05-10-2013 at 19:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    Ok, i think its time to speak up here. Just because someone says its true, doesn't make it so. This is utter bull****, especially the kind posts from Godly, speaking of ppl he thinks he knows. Godly, you have no info about this, you are not in either kd, so because you think you know whats right, it makes your posts true? Since when?
    Pendel sent only notice to their ingame monarch, who was online and opping at the time, we have him in our news so proof is available.
    He did not this out of malice, but because he thought that was ok to do so, seeing as the monarch was online (this is how pewpew sent us notice last age aswell).

By doing that, he opened up for ED to come to us asking for more time, since they did not believe we would actually serve notice. We did not click the sent message, and goodz knows it. He came on irc trying to stall for more time, and quickly turned silent after it didn't work. You dont think he would start forum posts ASAP if we really did something this sneaky? Srsly?

No posts, no drama, only a minor note in this thread, thats it. So obviously, we did not commit this "crime" as we are being accused of.

Do you know that the ops (by the monarch) occurred after you sent a message ingame? Since you have proof, you should be able to show this proof. Do you also, BTW, have proof that the ops occurred because he had read the message, and not because he was curious about why you were in fortified?

What's more likely: Parth read the notice that decided not to mention it for 14h, until after he left for fishing and came back; OR that your prov who sent notice read it since when Parth got back the message had been read? Goodz (who isn't the ingame monarch) PM'd you guys on IRC after they discovered they had been noticed. When was that, exactly? Was it right after you guys noticed them? Or was in a half day later?

Use logic -- was their response to getting noticed (continuing to random for ~14 hours before contacting you to say that they hadn't seen the notice for 14h because it had been read ingame and their monarch went fishing) what you would expect from a kingdom that knew they had been noticed?

Perhaps he didn't post about it in the forums because that's not his style? You'll notice that he hasn't even commented on it in this thread. Or perhaps because there's nothing to be gained. I mean, you'd obviously just deny it.

Anyone have a SN?

To my eyes, it looks like ED is winning the core war, but probably can't break the 5 halflings and can maybe hit the humans when they send out? So it's maybe looking like the core war favors ED and the cow war favors EJ. Unless ED is taking advantage of the 1-way dragon and has MS maintained on the halflings will make them breakable
    Last edited by Zauper; 05-10-2013 at 19:38.

Enthusiast
    The ambush story is a little bit more complex in that; I was overpopped sitting in a car park drawing math all over the back of my hand to see what I could release to send out, asked parth to calculate it for me to double check and the useless Swedish bollocks didn't reply to me (note: he has no issue phoning me at 4am when I have work at 7am to send out!!!)

So I spend 20 mins traveling home after sitting in work car park like a tit for 15 mins waiting for a reply on numbers, dash in the house and get on IRC just to find our bot wont calculate ambush AND parth is still being about as useful as a butt plug made out of sandpaper.

This left me stressed out, thinking I might get hit and pushed back into overpop before I can send out, so I notice utools sitting there basically saying USE MEEEEE <3 <3 which I did, forgetting Dwarves are 3 pt and not 2 pt like that wonderful program assumes.

Queue me bouncing and having a mini freakout thinking I've forgotten the order ambush hits in and have sent too little, so quickly smash in the larger figure and try to hit again (had totally forgot bounces remove ambush chance) and bounce the next bloody thing, causing parth to have a mini stroke me to swear at him quite a bit for hassling me and ignoring a war and peace amount of text asking for help and then me still trying to ambush the hits again only to see I can't.

Also for note:

[19:26] <~Parthenogenesis> !alistpm offense AA:BB
    [19:26] <&Polaris> No data found for AA:BB.
    [19:26] <~Parthenogenesis> wtf is our kd number then
    [19:26] <~Parthenogenesis> !alistpm offense AA:CC
    [19:26] <&Polaris> No data found for AA:CC.
    [19:26] <@ReDDeatH> DD
    [19:26] <@ReDDeatH> lol

I'm not sure why he commented about Proteus giving away our loc when the silly bastard can't even remember it himself, so needs the help!!! :P

Immortal Ikea Idiot
    Whatever. Im definately qualified to lead wars and waves. Just cause I momentarely forgot our kd nr, doesnt mean ****.

Needs to get out more
    LoL- hug it out guys! I'm getting lazy about checking kingdom pages, but a summary on progress would be appreciated. Thx
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Immortal Ikea Idiot
    We're hiding from BoB! They told us they'd **** us up this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Drug View Post
    All top kds know each other locs lol. From who u are hiding? From darkest ghettos? Bad sportsmanship imo ;)

Did I understood it right goodz is playing in ED?

Forum Fanatic
    Looks like jerks has this won long term. Zauper is incorrect in that ED is "winning" core war, they're just getting their land in faster being up a wave as avians which doesnt matter much unless they wd up acres and get into position to beat jerks round 2. Those unbreakable halfers are going to solidify cow fight in the top and after that you have top feeding core and bottom feeding cows on jerks side which is extremely hard to counter.

Thumbs up

sn0re.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post

All I accused you of is sending notice to only one person. This obviously happened.

I further said our monarch said that he had no orange dot. Perhaps the game buggered out or maybe he was in his messages when it was sent or something. This game does behave strangely at times, especially in the in game chat/forums/messaging.

I asked for 12 hours extra notice because you only sent it to one person (not the standard that top kingdoms use) and because we didn't notice it for 12 hours. I was stalling because we had just started drafting as we didn't see notice. Our Sots and snatch news at the 12 hour mark would have made this fairly obvious.

There isn't much to talk about on the subject, you sent notice in a way you view as fine but is not the standard. I asked for it to be pushed back as we didn't see it. You said no.

I just pointed out to other top kingdoms htey may want to add a clause to their deal with you on how notice is sent. (Pulse for example if I recall got screwed by this same thing like 5 ages ago?)
    Last edited by goodz; 06-10-2013 at 04:42.
    My life is better then yours.

Needs to get out more
    If ED has the economy to do accelerated build I could see that happening. But same as before with elf/halfer percentage leverage for Jerks. Human stuff I can't estimate ;-)
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Fanatic
    To say something of the notice... I will say that I was intelled by the in-game monarch the same tick we sent the mail:
    May 9 of YR2 We have found thieves from Straight to hell (x:xx) causing trouble within our lands!
    Now I guess all that "proves" is that he was online. It's certainly possible it glitched out. But I don't really think serving notice to an online monarch is questionable practice... last age, when Pew noticed us, as far as I know, they only sent one message to the in-game monarch (it was me at the time). I don't think anyone else got one. Anyways, my point is, we weren't trying to scum anyone.

What is this about an orange box anyways? Don't you use Utools? My in-games show up as a green diamond...

In regards to discussion of the war itself. This is the best war we have had so far this age, seeing some good stuff from ED. Core does look a bit lopsided at the moment but avian speed, good chains, and the button are largely the causes of that. Dwarf sustainability is better over a longer conflict.

Atm they have 1-sided saph dragon advantage due to the absurd amount of money that that fae is making. Every time an opponent has a 1-sided saph advantage, I remember that I never want to experience it again... opping is so miserable.

Cow battle is enjoyable, and slow, but steady. So we'll see what happens.

The Jerks.

Thread Information