Thread: War Question

Regular

War Question

If you were trying to get knock down some halflings this age what would be the way that you would do it to ensure that you can get them down quickly? They have great TPA and good WPA as well..On top of that they also are pretty much out of range as well for attacks.

Needs to get out more
    I'm only answering because I'm in eowp and not because I'm a know it all. - Look at the game and the archetypical builds. You kind of see things in a rock-paper-scissors aspect if you follow which race fits each personality. Though age 59 has shaken this up a bit, an Orc Warrior with appropriate pump is designed to crash the initial defense. Everything else comes down to match ups, kingdom vs kingdom. In my strat the warrior crashing the t/m is followed by the tactician, followed by the cleric. In this scenario PF is a no-brainer.

Bonuses:
    +30% Battle Gains
    -100% Draft Cost
    +15% Enemy casualties when attacking

Warrior
    Bonuses:
    +1 Army generals
    +10% Offensive military efficiency (in war)
    Access Conquest regardless of Net Worth

* so regardless of all the cleric love you see, and I'm a cleric, the real answer here is plain as day. The Orc Warrior deals the all crushing blow and can pull it off via conquest still. This is the most ignored ingredient in kickass I've noted age to age. *
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 06-10-2013 at 01:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    We need to consider if they are out of NW range for attacks, or out of military range and therefor unbreakable.

out of networth range:
    no problem. with orcs +30% gains and some military science, hitting a halfer that is 30% or even 40% bigger is a viable option and it's your solution.
    it's better to sacrifice a few hits like that and to bring down the halfer, rather than let him tank and be the backbone of enemy economy and ops.

out of military range:
    1. conquest. this is considering that after a couple conquests he will drop to military range of your attackers.
    2. with enough mystics in the kingdom, just blanket with m/s and fireballs until he has no peasantry (24/7)

conquest is something you want to avoid. it leads to 200% losses for the attacker without gaining any spec credits.
    so basically it hurts the attackers military pretty badly, and you want to avoid it. that being said you also want to avoid an unbreakable halfling.
    so sometimes you need to sacrifice a few conquests to bring him down.
    generally, you do not want to enter a war where your opponent has more than 1 or 2 unbreakables. it would be a problem to bring them down.
    they will steadily grow, fuel the economy, slay dragons, and will end up winning the war.

We just had a war against a KD with 2 huge UB halfers, we controlled them with population, but it took our full T/M focus of an already T/M light KD (25% t/m's).

Halfers on <2 ppa are big burdens to keep alive and the total economy was broken for the entire kd. At this point in game (year 3) most 3k acre halfers just haven't the big WPA they need to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Notmatching View Post
    We just had a war against a KD with 2 huge UB halfers, we controlled them with population, but it took our full T/M focus of an already T/M light KD (25% t/m's).

Halfers on <2 ppa are big burdens to keep alive and the total economy was broken for the entire kd. At this point in game (year 3) most 3k acre halfers just haven't the big WPA they need to be safe.
    Use magic - FB his peasants and bounce wave him :P

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    In my strat the warrior crashing the t/m is followed by the tactician, followed by the cleric. In this scenario PF is a no-brainer.
    I get the warrior going first, but what is the reason for tactician then clerics? Just wondering.

tact to return quickly for wars, clerics to be the last attacks on the chain , hence will be the first target if ambushed ( hence less troops lost )

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PACINO View Post
    tact to return quickly for wars, clerics to be the last attacks on the chain , hence will be the first target if ambushed ( hence less troops lost )
    um...why would you ever ambush the LAST people to attack, you ambush the people who got the most acres. if its warrior>tact>cleric attacking you, you'll probubly end up ambushing the warrior/tact.

Thread Information