Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Espionage page for your own kingdom

Espionage page for your own kingdom

You should be able to see your own kingdom's espionage page, at least during war. It doesn't make a lot of sense that you are allowed to know what is going on far away in YY:YY but are in the dark about your own kingdom. The Monarch and Steward at bare minimum ought to be able to see this.

I agree, but also, think that a player should have to opt in, to share info auto. But things like estimated attack times based on what is present in the news, should auto show up.

But the info should only be accurate and not estimated if the player opts to share info.

I didn't even know the espionage tab existed until quite recently
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Fiend
    It would be an EXCELLENT tool for monarchs to keep tabs on activity and planning waves. I strongly support it being available to monarchs and stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by archcycle View Post
    You should be able to see your own kingdom's espionage page, at least during war. It doesn't make a lot of sense that you are allowed to know what is going on far away in YY:YY but are in the dark about your own kingdom. The Monarch and Steward at bare minimum ought to be able to see this.
    Obsessive control freak much?
    At some point you are going to have to trust your players, we don't need systems where the monarch has absolute access to everything, trust your players to do their part or boot them and replace them with somebody you can trust.

Regular
    How about at the very least, make it a bought item through the Shop, like the war meter for the whole kingdom item is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus_Aus View Post
    How about at the very least, make it a bought item through the Shop, like the war meter for the whole kingdom item is?
    I'd be against that as well, war meter is for preventing people from accidentally screwing up, they still ahve choice about what to do. Even if it's something you have to pay for it still give the monarch more power/information than he should have in my opinion.

Intra kingdom intel sharing is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Intra kingdom intel sharing is a must.
    It is not, well involuntary intra kd intel sharing isn't. If you want it so bad then make your kingdom mates use angel and useupimp/upoop/bot/whatever to collect it with, it's not rocket science and you don't need to be able to constantly monitor what your fellow kingdom mates are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    It is not, well involuntary intra kd intel sharing isn't. If you want it so bad then make your kingdom mates use angel and useupimp/upoop/bot/whatever to collect it with, it's not rocket science and you don't need to be able to constantly monitor what your fellow kingdom mates are doing.
    Most contryes do not have something like it.. ITs not normal for govement to spy on companyes for indutry spionace and more. Then there is the MASSIVE spy network and I can go and on and on.. There is a few like UK or China, but that still leaves most out that dont. On that matter,THE reason why I never want go to USA.

Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    Most contryes do not have something like it.. ITs not normal for govement to spy on companyes for indutry spionace and more. Then there is the MASSIVE spy network and I can go and on and on.. There is a few like UK or China, but that still leaves most out that dont. On that matter,THE reason why I never want go to USA.
    Many countries will tell their population that they're not, but in the name of counter-terrorism they're most likely doing it behind your back anyway, because if something happens people are going to ask why the govt didn't stop this.

Post Fiend
    when you were given an apple, you'll ask for a crate full of apples.. when you were given a crate of apples, you'll then ask for a truck full of apples..

things are made pretty easy nowadays.. you can almost not use pimp and angel at all.. so make use of what we have now and stop asking for more please..

Dragon page.

I am not a Monarch or Steward, and think it would be a great idea to make the funders and attackers of a dragon "public" knowledge for the entire kingdom. It would encourage alittle more contribution and help everyone verify (as if we don't actually know) who the freeloaders are.

It seems that it would be a simple add to the game.

In fact, my own Monarch took credit for someone else's help in killing a dragon.

I'd agree to this. It is not about not trusting your KDmates, it is about to view their armies & who have been opped heavily and require help.

Utopia is moving into becoming a stand-alone game - lesser and lesser dependence onto other tools rather than the game itself. This suggestion is a step forward towards that direction. Being dependent on UpoUpu or pimp is a way of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AhXuan View Post
    I'd agree to this. It is not about not trusting your KDmates, it is about to view their armies & who have been opped heavily and require help.

Utopia is moving into becoming a stand-alone game - lesser and lesser dependence onto other tools rather than the game itself. This suggestion is a step forward towards that direction. Being dependent on UpoUpu or pimp is a way of the past.
    It IS about not trusting your kingdom mates, anything that isn't completely voluntary is about trust. Armies can easily be tracked by a bot or otherwise, outside tools are there to be used and participation/what you send is voluntary.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thread Information