Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strategy or Multi

Regular

Strategy or Multi

My KD has just engaged into war with [KD loc removed] they have a player at 188 acres when most are at 700.

there 188 acre player had 2+million GC on him/Her and is now making out of war plunders

this player has no defense but it too far out of any of our range to do anything about.

is this a Strategy i am not aware of or is this someone with a multi in their KD or abuse of the system

thanks
    Zinc
    Last edited by Onlyzinc; 10-10-2013 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyzinc View Post
    My KD has just engaged into war with 5:12 they have a player at 188 acres when most are at 700.

there 188 acre player had 2+million GC on him/Her and is now making out of war plunders

this player has no defense but it too far out of any of our range to do anything about.

is this a Strategy i am not aware of or is this someone with a multi in their KD

thanks
    Zinc
    hit him with extra generals to bring him to 100 acres? etc.
    My life is better then yours.

Post Fiend
    It's a strategy.

Unless you are willing to put in a lot of effort at the moment, he will probably manage to pull it off as intended.

Is this type of loophole in the mechanics acceptable to game developers? This sounds kinda of shady, tho there is nothing particulary that says it is cheating. Anyways, it might be a question for future ages how to reduce tactics like this. I dont think as a community we want to encourage players to become very small on purpose to abuse the NW system. At least thats my opinion. Perhaps Bishop could shed some light on how they feel about such tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyM View Post
    Is this type of loophole in the mechanics acceptable to game developers? This sounds kinda of shady, tho there is nothing particulary that says it is cheating. Anyways, it might be a question for future ages how to reduce tactics like this. I dont think as a community we want to encourage players to become very small on purpose to abuse the NW system. At least thats my opinion. Perhaps Bishop could shed some light on how they feel about such tactics.
    Yes this sort of behaviour perfectly "legal" altho most of the community frowns at such behaviour. Just pm every kd he hits/have provinces in his range with a request to raze him in response.
    This sort of behaviour is being reduced by the -75% gains he suffers.

pk him if you can, your're halfers and faeries can send out 4 gens each intented to him only since he has basically land def..
    well; he can plunder outside of war and he can send dragon alone.

by the way remove the loc, mods will not be happy seeing that one ;)

Strategy Moderator
    omg locations..my eyes ;). Their concept is a strategy a strong one, but its generally considered dirty play. You really have 4 options.
    1. Ignor it and still win.
    2. Ignor it and lose because its to much free gold
    3. Msg them and ask them to stop
    4. Msg every kd they hit or freinds and have the ditry play retaled.

I'd go with #3>#1>#4>#2

For #4 you have 2 options, either just get the tiny guy pk'ed, or actually respond as a real kd should.
    Pk: For raze kill 188 acres = 13 hits if hes really zero def any 4 people can do that for you. You gota have some friends
    Real response: Outside help to hiit down unbreakables & T/M's. You're totally justified if they want to play ditry to win you can step up and say "hey look dirty play is a loss i have friends willing to commit to it, surrender or have all your fearies/elfs/halfer to 300 acres then massacre/learn untill you surrender".
    Last edited by Persain; 10-10-2013 at 17:03.

Regular
    I've removed the location from my post. sorry about that

we have started messaging our friends asking for their advice.

thank you all for your input

Post Fiend
    Since FW are forbidden,in/out of war attacks shouldnt be done either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    Since FW are forbidden,in/out of war attacks shouldnt be done either.
    I disagree, there are situations where a kingdom is perfectly justified to hit into another kingdoms war, such as for example if one of the kingdoms going to war suicides their cows on you 30 seconds before war is declared. Or for example if they've treated you ****ty in the past and you want to repay the favor.
    I do however think that there should be a mechanism for ending a war if there's outside interference and you'd rather go after the interferer instead of completing the war.

Post Fiend
    Persain, they are in war, so actual gains on the guy will be very small.. if he manages 1 to 2 hits for land he can probably keep himself floating for a long time. That or get aid to explore.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I disagree, there are situations where a kingdom is perfectly justified to hit into another kingdoms war, such as for example if one of the kingdoms going to war suicides their cows on you 30 seconds before war is declared. Or for example if they've treated you ****ty in the past and you want to repay the favor.
    I do however think that there should be a mechanism for ending a war if there's outside interference and you'd rather go after the interferer instead of completing the war.
    If you suicide and go into a real war ,u end up chained to pieces or banned since FW are supposedly forbidden.And farmouts like last age had...eh idk seems absurd for someone to play just do to that over and over again...And ending war from outside interference lol,that just opens a lot more oportunities to play "dirty"...

Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    If you suicide and go into a real war ,u end up chained to pieces or banned since FW are supposedly forbidden.And farmouts like last age had...eh idk seems absurd for someone to play just do to that over and over again...And ending war from outside interference lol,that just opens a lot more oportunities to play "dirty"...
    If you suicide on one kingdom and then go into war with a third regardless of whether you get chained or not that doesn't help the kingdom you suicided on. It doesn't have to be FW, the war can in theory be real, and even if it's not a suicide, if a kingdom is hitting others in a short time before they go to war their targets has the right to retal if they so choose regardless of the fact that you went to war.

And no, I don't see how it opens for more abuse, if somebody hits into your war and you give them relations and war is instantly canceled, the kd hitting out gets 0 eowcf and the other kd gets eowcf option relative to how much of a standard war the conflict lasted, Abuse would obviously be a bannable offense and it'd be relatively easy to track, the precedent the devs set last age when they failed to really punish a certain kd from abusing war protection/gb protection set a much more dangerous precedent imo.

Forum Fanatic
    He was warned when we warred them it was risky,That if he hit out of a war into us with plunders he was forsaking all war protection.

June 23 of YR3 -__- attacked and pillaged the lands of Proteus Has No Penis .

July 2 of YR3 Alas, the once proud province of -__- has collapsed and lies in ruins.

Guess he thought i was joking.

Even more fun is they had been land dropping him .So guess who didnt get to restart in his old kd,But by the greatness of Karma he restarted and landed in mine using the exact province and ruler name and same race and personality. Oh fun times
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 10-10-2013 at 23:10.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information