Thread: Calculating population

Calculating population

Okay, so I started reviewing formulas and going over them. And I turned to the wiki and I looked at it and I was wondering if I could get some help, from people to see I understand this right. I am not coming up with the same numbers with my province so I think I must not understand something correctly.

Barren Land = 15 peasants

Built land + 10 more peasants so it = total of 25

homes = 8 more peasants = total of 33

So with faery bonus 10% pop bonus it should go like this 15 * 1.10 = 16.5 for barren land, and 25 * 1.1 = 27.5 for built land, and , for homes it should be 27.5 + 8.8 = 35.8

Does the above seem correct? This is what one would do to calculate total pop (or at least one could do this).

Enthusiast
    It is correct if you run 100% homes. Total pop with all built land is 25+8*(home %). With 20% homes for example it's 25+1.6=26.6. Now you multiply that number with population modifiers.
    25.6 * 1.1 (halfer bonus) *1.05 (sci bonus) * 1.02 (honour bonus) = 30.15 for example

Forum Addict
    Except I'm pretty sure pop from homes does not get modified, just added at the end.

Post Fiend
    The formula in the wiki is correct.

TommyB is right, Homes do not get modified by the race bonuses, but are modded by population science and honour bonuses.

Thread Information