Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Growth kds VS Warring kds

Very rarely does a war kd lose to a growth kd, mostly cause the growth kd in 100% out of the crown race and no longer gives a toss, whereas war kd has 4-5 WW's by that point and all the honour associated with it. Not like one needs to give excuses as to why an inactive growth kd loses a war, but still they are there.

Saying growth kds are helpless in pump mode is a bit farfetched.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Hard to give you example because most from time so called "war kds" run from even fight. They never war if opponent is prepared.
    This is something I can believe. Successful warring kingdoms are good at choosing target, and if they can, they won't be warring the toughest opponent. At least in general.

And the warring kingdoms that stay very small can't be considered good.

But good warring kingdoms should grow and try the top. They could succeed (in my opinion and LordSam looked interested in trying).

When a traditional growth kingdom and a war kingdom have a war at equal size, it is usually the growth kingdom that starts it. They think they will win, but it happens that they don't.
    Last edited by Alazne; 06-11-2013 at 11:01.

Regular
    these argument is like comparing apple and oranges.

would anyone constitute SWEA's last age [ growth ] crown any merit?

in the end it all boils down to kd leadership / diplo / strategy / settings / players commitment to do well in whatever kd are going for.
    Last edited by fenrost; 06-11-2013 at 11:06.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrost View Post
    these argument is like comparing apple and oranges.

would anyone constitute SWEA's last age [ growth ] crown any merit?

in the end it all boils down to kd leadership / diplo / strategy / settings / players commitment to do well in whatever kd are going for.

:D SWEA gave us an illustrative example of what it takes to win Land Chart.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazne View Post
    (Low Ominous Laugh) Actually this is why I respect the SWEA crown. If everything the tops say is written in stone then how do you manage to stumble into a crown?
    My opinion is the skill can be learned, but I agree with Tadpole it's ego jockeying that makes the consistent difference. Anri makes the most compelling points, thus not questioning the skills. But last age proves the skills are buffered by the club mentality.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 06-11-2013 at 14:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazne View Post
    A noob kd and probably "friendly" admin. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ABSLover View Post
    A noob kd and probably "friendly" admin. ;)
    Don't be stupid.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Dont blame swea for being smart when Elit was being dumb

He could have waved them instead of backstabb different allies. Kept allies and crowned easy and put SWEA at the level they should have been.

Swea played it good and it shows weaker kds can win if the strongest KDs is being lead in a bad way. Just my 5 cents. It can happen that not the best KDs win but SWEA is still the winners.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

This discussion is rather silly, but I will give it a try.

War kds could perform well in the top given some time, becuase they need time to adapt. It doesnt matter if you did it 10 ages ago, you need a few ages to adapt to current climate.

The above is also provided the kd dont implode under the pressure and chnage of play. Its a different world up there, and its always been.

Also, there are war kds and war kds. There are kds that aim for ww chart and there are kds that just like to war and have fun, and are very good at it.

Most kingdoms you're considering "growth" kingdoms are just big ghettos.

The only top kingdoms are AMA, BB, and CR. I'd rank Pewpew, and ED in the next tier. Every other kingdom is trash that grew too big. No warring kingdom would beat AMA, BB or CR.

Did not Pyromaniacs beat Havoc last age? ;)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Hard to give you example because most from time so called "war kds" run from even fight. They never war if opponent is prepared. When i start build my kd we spend 2 ages in waring zone. All time when send msg for war offer was rejected, include from FS,CanWe and more. Only kd accepted war with us was RK but they made mistake to try free wave on untagged cats and got declared :) We loss only 1 war and its was result from begin 23 (real provices) vs 25 provinces vs bigger kd.

Most from time when "grow" kingdoms war vs war kds is when they get age off and don't grow. This kind loss don't show much.
    If some one is feel like good waring kd he need to start grow and learn to protect what he gain from his wars. This is much more harder from win war in ghetto range.

Everyone say this and how these kingdoms do nothing but bash ghettos. But if this is the case, how do they get so many wars every age? I think the picture is changing. Experience seems to suggest that these kingdoms are instead of blindly waving, are organising wars (OMG FAKE WAR, ALERT ELIT :)).

But as for moving these kingdoms to the top, I think what it is going to come down is leadership and diplomacy. Elit, Flogger and co could probably step in here with their experiences, but from what I have seen that the more time consuming part at the top is the whole CF notice system that the top currently uses. What I have seen, and again maybe for Elit and co its different since they deal with this every age so might take less time, is that when the diplomats I have talked to have been involved it takes them hours of back and forth to to sort that stuff out due to all sorts of reasons. For the majority of war kingdoms, there will be no body who would want to deal with that.

As someone suggested earlier there would need to be people from the top spread around I would think, and under this current system not likely to happen. That's even if there is a lot of people who deal with the diplomacy on a regular basis for their KDs, which I doubt.

Veteran
    Just compare our wars with pewpew this age, havoc last age and sanctuary two ages ago to any top warring kd war and you will see the difference.
    A Mother's advice - #forfun

Quote Originally Posted by Drug View Post
    Did not Pyromaniacs beat Havoc last age? ;)
    You'd need to direct your question to somebody who played in Havoc.

A warring kingdom wouldn't beat CR.

This is a stupid topic - trying to justify Warring is a lot harder.

The age Dreams decided to go for the Triple crown, we stayed relatively small for most of the early age. We waved quite a few "warring kingdoms" they all ran except Jerks and we out hit them 3 to 1 after min time or maybe more. At the end of it we warred 4 times and won every war easily, it wasn't even a question if they were going to be able to compete with us. Majority of the kingdoms we waved were bigger, so the logic of warring kingdom can compete if they decide to is a joke.

Thread Information