Thread: Gains forumula

Gains forumula

Howdy folks

I have a query about how to apply PNF (province networth factor) into the gains formula.

ok so the guide says this...

Relative Province Networth (rpnw) = Targets Networth / Self Networth

Province Networth Factor = DEPEND ( rpnw ) :
    rpnw < 0.567 = 0
    0.567 < rpnw < 0.9 = 3 * rpnw - 1.7
    0.9 < rpnw < 1.1 = 1
    1.1 < rpnw < 1.6 = -2 * rpnw + 3.2
    rpnw > 1.6 = 0

For my examples I'm only going to be talking about hitting targets bigger than us.
    rpnw (Relative province networth) would be 110% 120% 130% 140% so 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4

using the "1.1 < rpnw < 1.6 = -2 * rpnw + 3.2 " function i got the following results...

rpnw pnf
    1.1 = 1
    1.2 = 0.8
    1.3 = 0.6
    1.4 = 0.4

This is all well and good, but I can only gather that I am doing something wrong as this suggests that hitting someone 120% my size, would factor my gains by 0.8, which through experience is not the case when played out.

Can someone help me apply the PNF in the gains formula?

"Gains = Target Resource * Attack Type * PNF * KNF * GBP * GS * Race * Stance * Relations * Science * Target Stance"
    Last edited by mebbe; 08-11-2013 at 17:49.

Enthusiast
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...gains-question

post 6 and bishop at 7
    I stop caring after that :)

had a look over the responses, but it hasn't really cast any light on the problem.

Enthusiast
    Gains = Target Resource * Attack Type * PNF * KNF * GBP * GS * Race * Stance * Relations * Science * Target Stance

On that formula most variables max at 1. For a base attack gains of 12% you need 67% modifiers to hit max gains (20%)
    The variables that can go above 1 are
    race (1.3 for orc only)
    relations (1.1 in hostile/war)
    stance (1.1 in agressive)
    and science (lets say 1.2 with 200 bpa on a race with no sci mods, theoretically this is the only factor that can go infinately high)

Based on the things above max gaining of 20% is imposible but i have done it this age :) So that's why i said formulas are outdated.

So we can only be lead to the conclusion that technically speaking, your gains are penalised if you hit anyone over 110% your size? (and below 90%)

Post Fiend
    what does through experience mean? You have numbers to prove it? The formula should work

Also take in account that even if you have 80% of the gains, you're hitting someone bigger, hence getting more acres. It counter the max gains (100%) that you can have on a smaller prov.

Regular
    Also have a question about this. Play an undead cleric. For a while now I have been putting into war science 500 bpa. When I was chained during war. War science shot thru the roof 1000+ bpa. Attacking gains were capped to my nw/1000 it seems. It would be hits of 142, 142, and 142, all against 1 person. Next round gains were capped to 109, 109, and 109, 2 of which were against 2 different ppl. After that I was left alone for a bit, and next attacks didn't seem to be capped in this way. Idk, just trying to understand this is all, if someone has some insights.

Quote Originally Posted by kazinji View Post
    Also have a question about this. Play an undead cleric. For a while now I have been putting into war science 500 bpa. When I was chained during war. War science shot thru the roof 1000+ bpa. Attacking gains were capped to my nw/1000 it seems. It would be hits of 142, 142, and 142, all against 1 person. Next round gains were capped to 109, 109, and 109, 2 of which were against 2 different ppl. After that I was left alone for a bit, and next attacks didn't seem to be capped in this way. Idk, just trying to understand this is all, if someone has some insights.
    the first round you had ~710 acres, thus your max gains were limited to 142 (20%), same again at ~545.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Regular
    First round I want to say I was a lot lower. 450ish, I trying to get land built so I wasn't so overpop'ed to send out army again. And even still I had to send out 300 soldiers so I wasn't over the 15% over pop. Second round of attacks I was about that size.

Enthusiast
    The 20% cap applies to your target. So you were getting max gains. You should recheck your log though cos i dont think i have ever seen same size hits on same target. 142-113-91 are max gain hits for 710 acre province

Regular
    Edit
    Last edited by kazinji; 24-11-2013 at 23:14.

Enthusiast
    Wow I figured a mod would have told you off by now.

You aren't supposed to post any Kingdom/Island numbers in this forum.
    Live long and prosper

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinji View Post
    Sorry last hit was slightly lower, straight from news. Paranoya was prob 1100 acres. Peronia was about the same 1100. Gas was prob 850 or so. When I hit them.

I was trying to understand why this was happening also at the time. Second round of attacks I noticed that I was at 109k nw...and I was capped to 109 acres.

I was hit down from 1400 to about 350 right before this first hit and had about 100 coming in, for sure I was in Extremely Heavily Hit of GBP. After the second set of attacks here I was kind of left alone and next set of attacks weren't capped in this way.

Think what some posters are missing is that the cap is 20% of your opponents OR your land, whichever is smallest.

From the Guide:

Base gains are 12% and Traditional March gains are capped at 20% of your or your opponent's land, whichever is smaller.

Thread Information