Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that we've had some time, how are the changes this age?

Question Now that we've had some time, how are the changes this age?

So this age we had a lot of balancing changes and some mechanic changes. What does everyone think is good/bad with the previous round or changes? I figure we might as well start chatting now aprox a month before eoa and see if the community as a whole can reach some consensus.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

-Sages are weak. Mystic Tm's are junk.
    -Dwarves dont even notice the -10% gains.
    -Cleric still ohpee.
    -Human leet costs too much.

Explanation on the last point, for war kd who wont be stocking gc for long enough to matter, this doesnt affect them other than humans being lowest drafted oop and taking longest to be war ready. The 1k leet essentially prevents whore kds from using it entirely. ToG doesn't allow you to lower gold stocks by even close to enough to make up for the difference between dorf/avian leets. Dorf leet essentially costing sub 600gc with 140% BE (relatively)bonus on arms and an increased base income from BE. Compare this with human gaining +0% income from base with ToG and lower pezzy count(1.4x0.7=0.98(ToG x Humans/Dorfs Pezzie ratio = relative income)). It is also stuck with shyte BE from lower pezzy count, think 3 ppa less by midage, (120BE dorf vs 85 BE human while pumping is a joke)

This results in:
    6/4 human leet costs 765 gc in fort with arms
    6/2 avian leet costing 310 gc in fort with arms
    6/3 dorf leet costing 460 gc in fort with arms

where human has actually stocked the least gc of any of them
    Last edited by crease; 12-11-2013 at 12:40.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Veteran
    - Mystic losing double runes is pretty painful.
    - Elves suck.
    - Tactician ambush immunity is better left gone.
    - Sage is totally useless.
    - Bring back chastity.

Postaholic
    avian clerics is the sh!t
    free draft is the sh!t
    dorf 6/3 elites is the sh!t
    humans needs to be redone completly
    no ambush immunity is the sh!t
    need x2 towers on mystic
    rogues need the TD bonus like previus ages
    sage needs the + sci effectivness back

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    avian clerics is the sh!t
    free draft is the sh!t
    dorf 6/3 elites is the sh!t
    humans needs to be redone completly
    no ambush immunity is the sh!t
    need x2 towers on mystic
    rogues need the TD bonus like previus ages
    sage needs the + sci effectivness back
    Disagree on rogues and humans. Mystics definitely are bad without the rune production and humans just need a 700/750 leet to be competitive imo (as a whoring core)
    Last edited by crease; 12-11-2013 at 16:42. Reason: No change. Wheres your opinions spahrep?
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post

Explanation on the last point, for war kd who wont be stocking gc for long enough to matter, this doesnt affect them other than humans being lowest drafted oop and taking longest to be war ready. The 1k leet essentially prevents whore kds from using it entirely. ToG doesn't allow you to lower gold stocks by even close to enough to make up for the difference between dorf/avian leets. Dorf leet essentially costing sub 600gc with 140% BE (relatively)bonus on arms and an increased base income from BE. Compare this with human gaining +0% income from base with ToG and lower pezzy count(1.4x0.7=0.98(ToG x Humans/Dorfs Pezzie ratio = relative income)). It is also stuck with shyte BE from lower pezzy count, think 3 ppa less by midage, (120BE dorf vs 85 BE human while pumping is a joke)

This results in:
    6/4 human leet costs 765 gc in fort with arms
    6/2 avian leet costing 310 gc in fort with arms
    6/3 dorf leet costing 460 gc in fort with arms

where human has actually stocked the least gc of any of them
    You're comparing the elite of 3 totally different races and trying to make them equal purely on numbers.
    Human is just not as good mainly because of the pop penalty, not because of the elite cost. Costs of troops are a temporary issue, the pop penalty is a permanent one. Once you get troops stacked enough, it doesnt matter if your elites are 500gc or 1000gc. And human shouldn't have an issue pumping elites and science with ToG

Post Fiend
    I got traded into a Faery/Mystic 3-4 weeks into age. Compared to previous experiences I gotta say playing this combo this age has been a serious downer :(

Since my KD got a few WW's under our belt, we got a bit of sciences, which sort of attracts a lot of unwanted attention which results in quite a few random learns. I keep 15-20% schools OOW so losses in sciences arent that bad, but Orc's still take a fair chunk. The real trouble is costs of retraining which is around 1.5mill per attack (In addition to sciences lost). This coupled with a lack of cash left for stealing (There's just less and less people and inactives to steal from), it makes it a real chore to play this combo.

Just aint no fun spending a lot of effort to build up defenses and science only to see 2-3 days effort gone with per attack :/
    Wont be playing faery with the current mechanics again I think.

Post Fiend
    I think it's funny that we've turned Faeries into DEs of old.
    Allah speaks through me.

Sage weak? Seriously?

I do agree human elites need to be lowerd to 750 gc or have the pop penalty gone. both the 1k elite cost and the pop penalty is tough to overcome unless ur a human sage with ALOT of sci.

Post Fiend
    Sage should have sci prot back, that is all that sage needs

Veteran
    I went orc cleric this age along with half of the kingdom and I have to say, it's very enjoyable. Love the free draft (our halfers do to), extra kills on attacks, the massive gains, low troop losses and the ability to op. Chaining with a bunch of orcs is quite devastating too. The 25% hit to science is for some part offset by the 30% gains on attacks since I get massive amounts of books on learn attacks. I do agree that sages need some extra sci protection, right now they are just sitting ducks with all these learn randoms.

From my experience in wars with them, humans and undead are reduced from very strong and dangerous to a nuisance at most (we just laugh when we see a non warrior undead and when we do see a warrior undead, us orc clerics just feel superior in every way). Our kingdom's mystics have had trouble getting enough runes to use the higher cost spells like meteors, but we just learned from it and focused more on greeds and fireballs, and use they higher cost spells more sporadically. Also, elves and faeries are kinda equally good. Far from overpowered, but still useful to a kingdom. Halflings are very powerful this age.

I'm enjoying the changes a lot. We had quite some discussions about what kingdom setup to go with. There were advocates in the kingdom for almost all races and persona's and that fact alone means the changes have shaken everything up and can be considered succesful imho.

Enthusiast
    Jotun the problem you mention is for all races i think. I suspect the lowering of defenses was done in order to provoke more wars on the top but the side effect was that the rest of the server is attacking each other without any actual benefit. Like the dog that chases its tail. The most limiting factor for me is losses and i play orc cleric with 20% gs and 15% hosps all age.

I hope some time devs realise that having ub defenses is more fun. Wars kd have tools to reduce defenses in war plus there is no need for fort.

Enthusiast
    this age saddenes me on several levels.

first off, the superly overpowered combo avian/cleric. speed, huge pop growth, 50% military losses. wtf is that.

secondly, sage doesnt have any +sci effects, nor learn protection. and whatsup with the 4sci point/acre. thats cr*p.

third-ly?. humans. they are like the suckaz of the server. combo doesnt matter. they suck no matter what pers u use them with. im thinking of mentioning elves here too. and mystics. no double rune production is making all tms rune out of fuel really fast.

last but not least: t/ms are now very weak against attackers. this age off points for all attacking races were kept the same, but the def for all tms got decreased. thats... dang.

oh i forgot to start with imho. some will agree. some will not. idc. just fulfillin' my needz to be heard on da internet! :)

Director of Age Changes
    Runes are scarce this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Runes are scarce this age.
    Definitely agree! We need double towers back.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Thread Information