Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that we've had some time, how are the changes this age?

Veteran
    agree with the elite price on humans. Sage not working on the other hand is total nonsense. Just need to run max schools OOW. Getting the science is very easy and the bpa is great.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Quote Originally Posted by Tox View Post
    I think it's funny that we've turned Faeries into DEs of old.
    Hahaha lets just take that all the way and give fae rune free spells. That would solve the rune shortage issue as well :-P
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Fae had to be changed.
    I'm sure some hate it. I'd give it a +1 o spec, rather than free runes again.

i like the focus on wars - attackers are goodo this age

Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    Definitely agree! We need double towers back.
    rob them perhaps??? seems to have to solved that problem in my KD's last war
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Wolfman: Your signature is challenging palem's old one for longest on the forums lol.

Also re: rune shorage, we just all ran more towers, seemed to work out. It just took us 3 wars to figure it out hahah :P

Additionaly mystics arent useless. We ran zero and yea, that turned out less than ideal. They are still useful, and you still need them, they just arent OP.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

You guys had it too easy.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You guys had it too easy.
    Give me Dark Elf, i have no problem being the only one ;)
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    You're comparing the elite of 3 totally different races and trying to make them equal purely on numbers.
    Human is just not as good mainly because of the pop penalty, not because of the elite cost. Costs of troops are a temporary issue, the pop penalty is a permanent one. Once you get troops stacked enough, it doesnt matter if your elites are 500gc or 1000gc. And human shouldn't have an issue pumping elites and science with ToG
    Humans are mostly fine and can compete with orc/undead/dwarf/avain when both sides are drafted down to 4-5 peasants/acre. Cost of troops and time to pump just hurts them alot even if it is temporary it slows you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Humans are mostly fine and can compete with orc/undead/dwarf/avain when both sides are drafted down to 4-5 peasants/acre. Cost of troops and time to pump just hurts them alot even if it is temporary it slows you down.
    ^This. Prot did you miss the calcs on actual income? a 10ppa avian has the same income as a 7ppa human even factoring in ToG, but it has to deal with 10% lower BE and double cost leet. Any use for human that isnt attacking is even less optimal due to natural thief resistance(CS), low BE and ToG being required to run decent army.

edit 1:Granted It has one major bonus in the 4 def leet, but that helps zero while youre whoring, once your pumping you can run 1-2less dspa but you got there 2 weeks later in age and already got powerplayed.

edit 2:This ofcourse assumes that human/avian would be running the same military strength to whore, what likely needs to happen is human needs to run 20% more pezzies than an avian to a similar number of those double cost leets with ToG so suddenly its 10 ppa avian vs 12 ppa human. Now you are 5 units/acre down in whore build.

Lol, guess humans wouldnt be fixed by a 750 leet after all. Thats not enough.
    Last edited by crease; 13-11-2013 at 13:54.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Spahrep View Post
    Wolfman: Your signature is challenging palem's old one for longest on the forums lol.
    My sig was never long. People were just upset with the double banners =\

Also re: rune shorage, we just all ran more towers, seemed to work out. It just took us 3 wars to figure it out hahah :P
    Sure we ran more towers but still robbed lots of runes to. had the double effect of us using close to all mana KD wide and saved our econ due to enemy not having runes to FB us....win win on robbing :)

Additionaly mystics arent useless. We ran zero and yea, that turned out less than ideal. They are still useful, and you still need them, they just arent OP.
    Should'a ran halfer mystics....totally untouchable except from elfs. but elf sucks this age so no worries there.

ill add to it from time to time when i see something funny or what i think is useful :D
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    Should'a ran halfer mystics....totally untouchable except from elfs. but elf sucks this age so no worries there.
    I lol'd. Absolutely destroyed halfer mystics this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    I lol'd. Absolutely destroyed halfer mystics this age.
    im sure some warring KD is using them properly to great effect. if it were up to me there would have been at least 2 of them where i play.
    The 4 Horsemen

wtf is a halfer mystic?
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Thread Information