Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The age is almost over...

Forum Fanatic

The age is almost over...

It is almost that time of the age again whereby the developers get that opportunity to send out a masterclass mass email to its past 90,000 users to try and bring a few back.

As a community lets try and come up with an email that would encourage us (if we had quit) to come back. What pissed you off over the years that has since been fixed and improved the game play experience for you? The removal of boats? The removal of taverns? The down fall of ABs? I know this should be in suggestions but not everyone views over there and it would be nice to get the whole communities input.

I'll start it off:

1) With smartphones the game is now easily accessible and you can be in touch with your kd mates 24/7

Enthusiast
    It is still totally free to play.

You can watch your province grow as time progresses.

The game's social aspect allows you to make friends from all over the world.
    Live long and prosper

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon View Post
    The game's social aspect allows you to make friends from all over the world.

Lets be honest here, this is the main reason people still play. Go back 10 years and the internet used to be an awesome place full of intelligent people and interesting conversations. Utopia is one of the few places left that mirror that era.

The game sucks, but it is a good pastime. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Regular
    Most people are probably not using the same email they were using 5-10 years ago. Best way we can spread the word (for free) is to ask our current players to help by spreading the word to other gaming forums and whatnot that they also frequent. Maybe post a message on the login page?

Enthusiast
    (Bite your tongue Araqiel, this is the greatest game in existence)
    Live long and prosper

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon View Post
    (Bite your tongue Araqiel, this is the greatest game in existence)
    three cheers for moon

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    Go back 10 years and the internet used to be an awesome place full of intelligent people and interesting conversations.
    10 years ago the internet was a collection of horribly designed geocities websites and lots and lots of blinking seizure inducing advertisement. Sure if you knew how to find your way onto usenet you might find a few persons worth talking to :P
    Damn, was gonna say that 10 years ago there was still Napster, but that's not true and you just made me feel old -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    Utopia is one of the few places left that mirror that era.
    Wait what did you say? Since when!?
    Could you please share whatever you're smoking because it must be awesome :D
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Forum Fanatic
    Smoking drugs is not tolerated on my watch.

Forum Addict
    Just let it die already. No newbie will withstand the current vitriolic community for a game that has hardly changed significantly in the past 17yrs or more years. With how time consuming it is and how many players leave after each age with very little new players, it's a matter of when.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    Just let it die already. No newbie will withstand the current vitriolic community for a game that has hardly changed significantly in the past 17yrs or more years. With how time consuming it is and how many players leave after each age with very little new players, it's a matter of when.
    are u planning on quiting or what? I know that what u describe is true, but that's also because admins and we don't do enough to bring more ppl to the game i guess

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    1) With smartphones the game is now easily accessible and you can be in touch with your kd mates 24/7
    However, with features like adjusting your attack times and one day sitting, utopia allows for the flexibility to play on your schedule.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciupi View Post
    admins and we don't do enough to bring more ppl to the game i guess
    there's nothing much admins or "we" can do about it. its the rules that need to be changed. new races and pers need to be invented/brought back. everything is dull and repetitive.

Forum Fanatic
    I think ages could do with being shorter. 6-9 weeks ages would be better IMO. If they were 6 weeks at least you could knock out 2 in that space of time even if it were with minor tweaks to current values. It would keep it fresh and when people are out will enable them to prepare for the next round quicker.

Enthusiast
    short ages greatly reduce effects of science, land etc..

Enthusiast
    Utopia has failed to ever do what everything must to survive, evolve.

They could have made it an app, they could have made it more newbie friendly, they could add in a tonne of things which you need other addons like angel, etc. for.

But instead it's just kept as the same dull and overly complex game that it was a decade ago, if it wasn't for people who've played together for years it would have died long ago as there's nothing for todays market.

Devs should pull their fingers out their asses and go all Candy Crush on utopia, turn it into a social app and bring back WoL/BF with totally different rulesets where BF would play like current utopia and WoL would act as a training ground with shorter ages, smaller KDs, no sci, more flexible attacking times, etc.

Thread Information