Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, whats up with all this 'running'?

So, whats up with all this 'running'?

I'm just curious here from a neutral position: what happened to 'giving a free wave and cf'? This used to be common sense if 2 kingdoms went to fight each other and one of these kingdoms simply wasn't ready to put up a fight.

Is this really the future; if you can't fight someone who has an advantage over you, do you really have to run off and fight someone who you have an advantage over yourself? I don't think running gets you anywhere though, since the other kingdom is probably just waiting for you anyway.

If you ask me, this should end. If you don't want to fight whoever waves/notices you, give them a free wave and move on.

Its how it works, previously it was fake wars and hostile blocks to run away from or avoid wars. Now its arranging wars..

Post Fiend
    well many top kingdoms is to gready to let people off with a free wave, they want more and more ?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike^^ View Post
    well many top kingdoms is to gready to let people off with a free wave, they want more and more ?
    I never refuse free wave for cf. Its how game is supposed to work. But this was rejected last age and this age every time when we try get free wave for CF.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    I'm just curious here from a neutral position: what happened to 'giving a free wave and cf'? This used to be common sense if 2 kingdoms went to fight each other and one of these kingdoms simply wasn't ready to put up a fight.

Is this really the future; if you can't fight someone who has an advantage over you, do you really have to run off and fight someone who you have an advantage over yourself? I don't think running gets you anywhere though, since the other kingdom is probably just waiting for you anyway.

If you ask me, this should end. If you don't want to fight whoever waves/notices you, give them a free wave and move on.
    Assuming the other side is reasonable :)

I have seen the other side come back with things like well we had to train up for this so no deals or asking for large unreasonable sums of acres.

So why would a kingdom who wants to avoid a wave/war want to deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Its how it works, previously it was fake wars and hostile blocks to run away from or avoid wars. Now its arranging wars..
    Fake wars as they used to be, aren't as bad as this though. You'd get your fight, just have to wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^^ View Post
    Think that's a bit of an exception since mostly a kingdom will move on after a free wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Runefire View Post
    Assuming the other side is reasonable :)

I have seen the other side come back with things like well we had to train up for this so no deals or asking for large unreasonable sums of acres.

So why would a kingdom who wants to avoid a wave/war want to deal with that?
    I've been reasonable and often also been treated the same way when I gave up a free wave. The thing is, if you get greedy, it may help you today, but in 2 weeks when the other kingdom is in advantage, they'll ask for the exact same thing. So eventually being greedy just backfires on you which is probably, in my experience anyway, most people tend to not get too greedy.

Needs to get out more
    Top kingdom mutation. Pretty much everywhere else you get waved out of the blue. If you're not in the fighting spirit you offer CF. The greedy ones always ruin a good thing. LoL( Low ominous Laugh )
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    every kd fights however they want to fight and the main reason they run from a better prepared kd to fight a worst prepared kd is the same reason the better prepared kd waved them in the 1st place, to get a war having an edge and more chances of winning.

Being able to max meter and get button both ways also changed the whole free wave dynamic if one KD is greedy and thinks they will farm more in war.

Forum Addict
    I guess it's also an issue if you only have ONE possible war target, and you rather war than accept one free wave? I think if that was the case with fratzia, they could have given some days to ED to prep instead of just 'vulturing' them. Give them a chance to have a fair fight?

Post Fiend
    1)no one asked you.

2)mind yo business.

3)running implies some sort of inevitability. fratzia noticed us ergo they have some kinda dibs? the war is a foregone conclusion because someone in ama make a thread about it? oh yes.. they decide who we war now.. my bad forgot that.

3b) refer to 2)
    #Hiatus

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    I guess it's also an issue if you only have ONE possible war target, and you rather war than accept one free wave? I think if that was the case with fratzia, they could have given some days to ED to prep instead of just 'vulturing' them. Give them a chance to have a fair fight?
    AMA asked ED for give us some time for prepare and get fair war but was rejected from ED. Why they now deserve time for prepare?
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    fact is we dont and we know that, but if we choose to take a third option and war someone else then that's our perrogative.

utopia sets a dangerous president by tolerating hitting into wars. hope you all enjoy that precedent coming into play next age.
    #Hiatus

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    AMA asked ED for give us some time for prepare and get fair war but was rejected from ED. Why they now deserve time for prepare?
    I'm just saying how ppl normally can prevent ppl running. If you give people a fair fight, they are less likely to run.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    I'm just saying how ppl normally can prevent ppl running. If you give people a fair fight, they are less likely to run.
    So you mean its was our fault for not run from ED when they didn't give us fair fight?
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information