Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SWEA Update

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Korp, I have an honor crown to my name already, and so I absolutely can speak about honor. Admitting to breaking a code doesn't remove the fact that you did it nor does it make your actions noteworthy or respectable. Look at how well you guys have done this age, now that everyone knows that the word of your kd in diplomacy is worthless. Swea is a joke and always will be known as one from here on.
    I LoL'ed.

Enthusiast
    Swea is no joke :), its cool people there who care for the kd and eachother. This age is just slacking, bad diplo has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You know who those people were?

Traders.
    Nope. It was the general Utopian view, and one that was incorporated into the game by the development team eventually. That is why trading has been legal for a long time and we get sitting. :p
    Try moving your poor understanding of ethics from moral absolutes.

The weird thing is that I actually ran a ghetto that did not trade/babysit and still always thought the ethical argument against it was bull****.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    Nope. It was the general Utopian view, and one that was incorporated into the game by the development team eventually.
    And it was general utopian business to do trading.
    And it was incorporated by a dev team that was trying to draw as much attention as they could...to their new game. Allowing trading would draw back some players to the game, would they wanted to use to build up Utopia Kingdoms. Mehul was always against trading.

I have a fine understanding of ethics. The problem with trading was simple. There were traders who all agreed to just disregard the rules and build their kds the way they saw fit. That was never the way the game was intended to be played and the people that DID adhere to the rules were handicapped so severely that it was improbable/impossible to compete with the trading kds.

The only reason I don't push to have trading removed is because the game would be dead without the money that the credits generate. Between having a dead game and a game that's meandered from it's roots, the later is the lesser of two evils.

Most people drew a distinction between the odd trading/babysitting, and crosslogging/farming/multi play on an institutional kingdom wide level.
    Because they had the moral compass to do so.

I'm sure though that there are scumbags that can't and believe all crimes are equal. :)

He was implying that he didnt cheat at all. Or are you trying to say that just cause of the community made it socially acceptable cheating like trading its not cheating? I dont understand your point of view, cause people think something isnt cheating its not cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Korp, I have an honor crown to my name already, and so I absolutely can speak about honor. Admitting to breaking a code doesn't remove the fact that you did it nor does it make your actions noteworthy or respectable. Look at how well you guys have done this age, now that everyone knows that the word of your kd in diplomacy is worthless. Swea is a joke and always will be known as one from here on.
    So thats what you need to be honourable? To have a honorcrown? lmao. Landdropping, avoiding fighting good kingdoms, bashing ghettos all that comes with honorcrowns and you take pride in that? I havent said anything about our actions, what i was responding to was that a ****ty kingdom like Simians talks about honourable play.

Nope. It was the general Utopian view, and one that was incorporated into the game by the development team eventually. That is why trading has been legal for a long time and we get sitting. :p
    Try moving your poor understanding of ethics from moral absolutes.

The weird thing is that I actually ran a ghetto that did not trade/babysit and still always thought the ethical argument against it was bull****.
    And all those were traders so they could justify their cheating if you dont know that then you are a poor utopian. Moral or ethics doesnt matter in the eyes of the law you were a cheater.

Its like saying jaywalking is the same as point blank murder.

Regardless. If i had played with someone for 5 years and he took a 1 age break ofc i wanted him back to us. There was never any elitist trading system. Just players that had connected in the kd that wanted to come back. we always took in new randoms to the kds to learn the ropes.

Youare trying to make the word cheater apply to someone that made 2 trades an age to someone that had 20 farms and could xlogg entire kds? You broke the law, you spitted on the sidewalk or you broke the law and punched 25 ppl in the face and gave the world the finger. Get a clue will you guys.The word cheater is just to strongly associated with xlogging and heavier things.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Its like saying jaywalking is the same as point blank murder.

Regardless. If i had played with someone for 5 years and he took a 1 age break ofc i wanted him back to us. There was never any elitist trading system. Just players that had connected in the kd that wanted to come back. we always took in new randoms to the kds to learn the ropes.

Youare trying to make the word cheater apply to someone that made 2 trades an age to someone that had 20 farms and could xlogg entire kds? You broke the law, you spitted on the sidewalk or you broke the law and punched 25 ppl in the face and gave the world the finger. Get a clue will you guys.The word cheater is just to strongly associated with xlogging and heavier things.

Go to the store, shoplift something and when confronted tell "Its okey its not murder thats why I am allowed to do this"

And that was cheating, trying to deny it is sad.

No, cheater is cheater it doesnt matter if you xlog or just traded. Like you're a criminal if you steal something from the store or beat someone up. But lets make it very simple. Did you risk getting deleted if you traded? (yes) So what does that tell you? That it was against the rules and what are you if you do something against the rules? You're a cheater.

Veteran
    If you violated the code of conduct at some point in time you have cheated. There is no more to it. If trading provinces in was against the game rules and you did it you have violated those rules and participated in cheating. Just because everybody did it makes it no less of a violation of the game rules.

With that said I hereby admit that I've cheated in the past... A lot ;)

I got PKed twice.
    I landed in TDC Toasters with Darksel and some others and played a full age with them.
    I landed in Soda Machine KLA with Buliwyf, RFB, Grytfot and a few others and did 1 full age with them.

After both rounds away from Simians we traded myself back. It was fun playing for other KDs for a while and see the game from other perspectives and learn new things but home is where my heart is you know.

You are trying to portrait the word cheating as if its the same thing as being an xlogger or something worse.

I am not okey with that and never been okey with it.

There is a huge difference between the different levels of cheating and the term cheating alone does not apply good in this game.

What you guys do is trying to putt traders in the same category as xloggers or multis and thats not how its supposed to be even if you are correct that all of it broke the utopian code.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    I got PKed twice.
    I landed in TDC Toasters with Darksel and some others and played a full age with them.
    I landed in Soda Machine KLA with Buliwyf, RFB, Grytfot and a few others and did 1 full age with them.

After both rounds away from Simians we traded myself back. It was fun playing for other KDs for a while and see the game from other perspectives and learn new things but home is where my heart is you know.

You are trying to portrait the word cheating as if its the same thing as being an xlogger or something worse.

I am not okey with that and never been okey with it.

There is a huge difference between the different levels of cheating and the term cheating alone does not apply good in this game.

What you guys do is trying to putt traders in the same category as xloggers or multis and thats not how its supposed to be even if you are correct that all of it broke the utopian code.
    You're right, xlogging is a worse offence compared to account trading but still. Account trading back in the day was a direct violation of the game rules and gave those kingdoms who did it a competative edge over those who didn't by trading in the most skilled players into their kingdoms where others where left with the lesser quality players and new ones. No matter what words you put in to justify something that is against the rules, it is still a violation, it is still cheating and still ment to give your kingdom an edge over others.

Anri nobody has claimed there is different level of cheating which there is ofc. You on the other hand is trying your best to claim that you didn't cheat which is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    You're right, xlogging is a worse offence compared to account trading but still. Account trading back in the day was a direct violation of the game rules and gave those kingdoms who did it a competative edge over those who didn't by trading in the most skilled players into their kingdoms where others where left with the lesser quality players and new ones. No matter what words you put in to justify something that is against the rules, it is still a violation, it is still cheating and still ment to give your kingdom an edge over others.
    We never did it to get an edge over any opponent. We did it to have fun with each other and get to play with each other again after PKs or breaks from the game. Ppl that we all ready got to play with and get to know over the ages was the ones that was traded.

Cheating is when you try to get ahead of others to win imo.

This mostly comes down to kds that scripted/xlogged/multied in heavy scale.

I know trading was against the rules, but that is not my point. My entire point is that you try and make someone that spitted on a rule look the same way as someone that totaly massacred a rule.
    Its two very different things and the word cheating is to broad to be used here.

Its better if ppl say they traded or they xlogged or they multied.
    Cheated by xlogging, cheated by trading, cheated by multies.

Its a definition problem i guess.

Thats all
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Anri nobody has claimed there is different level of cheating which there is ofc. You on the other hand is trying your best to claim that you didn't cheat which is a lie.
    No, i always said i did trades and it broke the utopian code thus i cheated by trading.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Enthusiast
    I like it when mehul deleted a kd just for beeing in an alliance :).

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    I like it when mehul deleted a kd just for beeing in an alliance :).
    There is very few mass kd deletions but maybe you mean when he Mehuled all VAT monarchs?

Thread Information