Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-hour protection period?

Enthusiast

24-hour protection period?

Did I read that announcement right? Only 24 hours of protection to start Age 60?

Yes, sounds like fun to me imo.

Veteran
    Nice! No 3 days of boring to start with, could shake some things up.

Post Fiend
    Excellent.
    Allah speaks through me.

Enthusiast
    That will certainly change some things. I wonder if they'll adjust the starting resources.

Post Fiend
    Last edited by Bishop; Today at 08:39. Reason: highlighting protection period<-----says its not a typo :)

Post Fiend
    Finally!

great change

Forum Fanatic
    Have no protection time.

The entire point of this change is for that all kingdoms come OOP with roughly similar armies. Typically top KDs and the more organized (warring) ghettos wait until the last 19 hours of protection to train. This allows them to stock more gc and train more troops.

Now that protection is reduced to just 24 hours the difference in army sizes will be negligible at best. It also makes raising banks much more difficult.

Once again, changes are designed to help ghettos. Not that it has ever made a difference, as they are all still ****-terrible kingdoms who never succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The entire point of this change is for that all kingdoms come OOP with roughly similar armies.
    No, it is not.

Pillz, if you don't cut out your bull**** flaming of new players or players in lower ranked kingdoms you will not be allowed to post. Thanks.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

heh heh, should make things veerrrrrryyyyy interesting....
    I'm in shape...... round is a shape

Enthusiast
    lol, the whole server will be stuck at 400 acres from first day :)

Shortening protection is a nice idea although I think this is going a bit overboard unless general time is accelerated during these hours(have everything happen faster).

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The entire point of this change is for that all kingdoms come OOP with roughly similar armies. Typically top KDs and the more organized (warring) ghettos wait until the last 19 hours of protection to train. This allows them to stock more gc and train more troops.
    If that was the overall aim then why have protection at all? they could just have all provinces created with a full army already in place, that would definitely cut out the differences.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 03-12-2013 at 20:30.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Shortening protection is a nice idea although I think this is going a bit overboard unless general time is accelerated during these hours(have everything happen faster).

If that was the overall aim then why have protection at all? they could just have all provinces created with a full army already in place, that would definitely cut out the differences.
    I am assuming we will have gold, soldiers, WPA and maybe higher acre start with lower explore poo. Regardless if it is the same for all there is no complaining really =)

I look more forward to protection now!
    PEW PEW PEW!

Thread Information