Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24 hours protection = OOP WTF?

Enthusiast

24 hours protection = OOP WTF?

How are players planning to handle this?
    Live long and prosper

Tog is king.

Post Fiend
    I think their would have to be some serious game changes for this to work. Perhaps just wait and see what the devs are planning on doing?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ThRaZe View Post
    I think their would have to be some serious game changes for this to work. Perhaps just wait and see what the devs are planning on doing?
    I disagree. As long as it is the same for everyone no advantages are gained by some people. They could make it no protection and it would still be fair and would work.

Post Demon
    Peasants with pitchforks will be going to war and hacking each other to death over 10 acres.

Got to imagine starting resource will include pre-trained soldiers. something like 1 TPA 1 DPA 1 OPA, maybe elites.

Enthusiast
    If i can make a guess the only way this change makes sense to me is if both explore and land grabs oow are removed. That way the whole aspect of non war growth is removed and the game is grow by war only. This will force competition between kds of same quality but i have no idea if it's good for the game.

edit
    Also it's good for building hype for next age

fear the halfling 3/1 soldier ohpee-ness. Cry when he quadtaps you every unique for a week.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Quote Originally Posted by Igor444 View Post
    Got to imagine starting resource will include pre-trained soldiers. something like 1 TPA 1 DPA 1 OPA, maybe elites.
    I agree. It would reduce some boilerplate and would be noob friendly, as they at least have some protection to begin with. 72h was too long anyway -- boring for experienced players and still not long enough for newbies to learn.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by skoyl12 View Post
    If i can make a guess the only way this change makes sense to me is if both explore and land grabs oow are removed. That way the whole aspect of non war growth is removed and the game is grow by war only. This will force competition between kds of same quality but i have no idea if it's good for the game.

edit
    Also it's good for building hype for next age
    And where exactly is the land in the game going to come from if no-one ever explores? Wars don't create land. True they don't destroy land any more either since the idiotic change to in-war raze, but it's a boring game with no explorers.

Post Fiend
    Perhaps the war win reward system will change? No honor gained from ww, but land instead?

Enthusiast
    If it was up to me I'd go to the direction of unbreakable defenses and infinite explore pool but seeing that wars are promoted more and more each age my guess is the devs go the exact opposite direction.
    Currently total land in game is about 9 mill acres. That includes explored land, ww bonuses (which are low btw since only a few selected kds take that) and 5 acre daily bonus. The land that has left the game is only razed land which i guess is minimal (maybe comparable to the land gained by ww)
    With 5.2k players that I see that now play, it's about 1730 acres per player.

So my guess would be we all start like at 2k acres (which is more land in total than we have now and from day 1). No explore limited or no oow gains and everybody is forced to war to grow. The first week or so will be bloodbath but later things will normalise

Post Fiend
    LoL... Imagine what that would be like for the guys who get deep chained.

Enthusiast
    They would have to pay to reset at 2k :)

Post Fiend
    With a 1 day protection phase. One would have to assume everyone starts off with the same amount of defense thats logically sound to be protected in case the person cant be online the entire 24 hours to train anything else. Or build for that matter.

Thats where the problem lies with this change, it promotes a 100% activeness during the 1 day protection phase to come out in decent shape. Which is a problem for alot of people with 9-5 jobs monday through thursday...if you asked me.

So with that all being said....I think we are about to see some MAJOR retweaks to this game.

Thread Information