Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attacking races which is best to be next age ??

Attacking races which is best to be next age ??

Hey I am just doing a poll see what you all thinking next age for attacker role. The kd I am in now is debating all different options of what use for attackers and what will be best I personally like the idea of Orc warrior but others want human cleric to even elf warrior. I wanna know which is the best race to centre a kds offence around is it orcs is it avians or another race ?? The other question is personality is it better go with for attackers ?? I know all races are different and it depends what kind of kd wanna be (we are looking at being a warring kd with some growth) but I wanna see what you all think :) thanks

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Hey I am just doing a poll see what you all thinking next age for attacker role. The kd I am in now is debating all different options of what use for attackers and what will be best I personally like the idea of Orc warrior but others want human cleric to even elf warrior. I wanna know which is the best race to centre a kds offence around is it orcs is it avians or another race ?? The other question is personality is it better go with for attackers ?? I know all races are different and it depends what kind of kd wanna be (we are looking at being a warring kd with some growth) but I wanna see what you all think :) thanks
    Its going to depend on how u have your kd setup. Per your questions

Elf warrior: core will be nice and strong if u face anything but humans and have the coordination to NM chain all war. Against a kd with a human core u wont be able to NM wave and they are more than likely going to beat you.

Human cleric: very strong, has the option to 100% suicide whenever you want and take advantage of enemy waves to snipe a t/m hit. Your mod off will be lower than orc, you will take a longer time to retrain after wars than other races, and your whole kd is going to experience massive rune shortages during war(fireballing/ToG-ing will be limited).

Orc: easiest to play core attacker, very strong limits your kds war concepts to... "ooh smash smash." Personality choices that are the strongest include warrior/tact/cleric.

Personally i like humans, if your not in a very organized kd they provide the most flexibility, hit out, turtle, train up, tog, its pretty nice
    Last edited by Persain; 10-12-2013 at 19:17.

halfer/human/elf, in that order. Cleric, tact, warrior, in that order.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I appreciate your responses and now I am probably going be a avian war hero or Orc war hero just wondering if a kd of war Heros worth it ? Over lets say cleric warrior tact

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Humans, Halflings, and Orcs...everywhere.

And there are better choices than War Hero. If you're going to use WH, you need to build your kd around that choice.

No love for UD? Cheaper leet and if you can get past 3 generals, tact suits them beautifully, plenty land saved on rax farms WTs & hospitals.

Post Demon
    Halfer or fail. If these choices hold up, halfer is the hands down best attacker. OP, needs re-balancing. (I will recheck the calc soonish, but it makes sense with that big pop mod.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Forum Fanatic
    This age it is more beneficial to have two cores of attackers, one that maximizes damage output and one built for durability.
    damage output: orc, avian
    durability: human, halfling

Elf can't hit for **** and should focus on t/m
    Dwarf is garbage for anything other than banking
    Faery attacker can work with the right support but it is not easy.
    Undeads have a utility role (best attacker/mage when chained and huge peak offense that is difficult to remove entirely, plague is a substantial drain when it connects) but having no thief ops and vulnerability to t/ms make them hard to use in large numbers.
    Halflings look great on paper but once chained they are in the absolute worst position of any race, so think of that before picking halfling attackers. +TPA is hard to rely upon as an attacker, and it is unlikely that halfer can secure themselves against an actual superthief (Halfer or Faery), let alone op them outright. No economy bonus and a birthrates penalty make peasant control much easier against halfling attackers
    Humans are all around good at any size, at any level
    Avians require too much activity for ghettos and have difficulty hitting into strong defensive provs. Very effective at destroying other attackers but they will usually do nothing but get fat and turned into shells
    Orcs are great for ghettos but they are glass cannons and do not stand up to chains as well as other attacker provinces. Science penalty sucks

Tactician is good for damage output provinces, but not the best personality of all.
    Warrior (for everyone), Cleric (for Human only), Merchant (for Faery or Human only) are good core attacker personalities, with Warrior being by far the easiest.
    Undead is forced to pick Warrior, but would pick Warrior anyway
    Tacticians' CS is not reliable against a determined t/m attack. Saving 20% land on barracks is helpful, while a tact can opt to build heavy barracks if and when they really matter. Early hits have to line up with non-Tacticians though, which means likely running all Tact or no barracks.
    On the other hand there are many cases where the reduced attack time is irrelevant or even a detriment, whereas Cleric is always useful, Warrior is almost always useful (and devastating) in war, and Merchant is good in peacetime/rebuilding and usually useful in war (but not as useful as the other two)

War Hero is ****
    Mystic cannot be a core attacker if they like living
    Rogue even more so (in addition to Halfer being dead the moment they are deepchained)
    Sage is only viable for growth kingdoms, in which case you wouldn't be reading this

Post Fiend
    orc/warrior all the friggin way!

Enemy casualties:
    +20% from racial bonus
    +15% from bloodlust (if they keep the functionality the same)
    +25% from pitfalls
    +15% from bribe generals (although this is only a 1 in 5 chance per attack)

And with the +30% gains, insane OPA, and free draft, they can bounce back from a chain no problem (if played right). Getting them overpop to the point they have to release army just to attack will be extremely difficult.
    I like to hear myself talk. Don't need to tell me.

Enthusiast
    Avian Tactician or Human Cleric IMO
    Live long and prosper

Thanks for all your responses so far :) yes we do plan on running a kd around war hero and believe it can be done since seen it work before not to say what you all think are good attackers aren't cause they all can be powerhouses. I think war hero has it's role as a dragon deterrent and also war spoils is nice prevents ambushes against your army and allows you build the land up so ready by time army is home. Immunity to plague is not that big deal unless facing undeads all day long but I do see where war hero can be good not great or best. I do agree a kd with a lot of Orc warriors will be deadly this age especially with elf and pf on your enemy. I also like hearing your posts and discussion mind you I believe any race can be a great attacker it depends a lot on the player playing it.

Forum Fanatic
    WH = Villain sends a Sapphire dragon to weaken t/ms, WH kingdom naturally tanks it, Villain kd now can spend their gc on building up their provinces in whichever order is sufficient to break down targets of Villain's choosing (usually those WH attackers, because WH has no solid bonus post-chain and weak bonuses at any time). There are other approaches Villain might use, but picking WH basically is saying "we suck at slaying dragons so please train more troops and thieves".

Slaying dragons is relatively easy with enough planning and balancing spec training with funding. If you are losing the funding war badly enough that Villain can send dragon after dragon while still gaining nw, you have bigger problems than needing dragon immunity. (Hint: train offspec instead of defspec with spec credits, they are far more secure than dspec and can be used for an actual purpose instead of waiting to be killed through attacks, desertion, meteors, nightmare, and ns.)
    There are also many ways to prevent ambush that are better than warspoils and anon.
    Last edited by noobium; 11-12-2013 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    WH = Villain sends a Sapphire dragon to weaken t/ms, WH kingdom naturally tanks it, Villain kd now can spend their gc on building up their provinces in whichever order is sufficient to break down targets of Villain's choosing (usually those WH attackers, because WH has no solid bonus post-chain and weak bonuses at any time). There are other approaches Villain might use, but picking WH basically is saying "we suck at slaying dragons so please train more troops and thieves".

Slaying dragons is relatively easy with enough planning and balancing spec training with funding. If you are losing the funding war badly enough that Villain can send dragon after dragon while still gaining nw, you have bigger problems than needing dragon immunity. (Hint: train offspec instead of defspec with spec credits, they are far more secure than dspec and can be used for an actual purpose instead of waiting to be killed through attacks, desertion, meteors, nightmare, and ns.)
    There are also many ways to prevent ambush that are better than warspoils and anon.
    War hero is a lot of fun though. Assuming your t/ms are prepared enough to op through sapphire its a lot of troops you wont be spending. TBH, 3 times out of 4 they wont realise you are WH and will send a ruby.

7 hour training time is also good, boosting UBs fast is a winning strategy.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    War hero is a lot of fun though. Assuming your t/ms are prepared enough to op through sapphire its a lot of troops you wont be spending. TBH, 3 times out of 4 they wont realise you are WH and will send a ruby.

7 hour training time is also good, boosting UBs fast is a winning strategy.
    It's easy enough for a t/m to op through sapphire, but also a lot easier for t/ms to op other t/ms through Sapphire as well. :)

Needs to get out more
    IMHO these wide reaching cores are just who you like. I'm not into it unless you already know who your matching blades against. The exceptions are tops who know who will be up there and the fact the math has to be sound. The rest of us should examine the virtue of teamwork and specialization when choosing not just attackers, but t/m support and aid logistics.
    Dwarf appears to stink until you have absorbed the ms blanket with mystic aura. Whoops. If like me you're a hyperactive you can block a barrage of FB by simply recasting this underrated spell.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 11-12-2013 at 20:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information