Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undead Warrior Build

Undead Warrior Build

Hey guys, I'm going to go Undead Warrior for next age and would like some opinions on a build, wpa, tpa, opa, dpa and sciences.

Thank you in advance.

Regular
    Undead Merchant would be better in my opinion. Since Undead convert elites from successful land attacks, and merchant provides 50% more credits to train more ospecs! Plus an income bonus.

Growing Build:
    25% Homes
    25% Banks
    35% Guilds
    15% Towers

War Build:
    (power vs speed)
    25% Homes
    10.3% Banks
    17.2% Training Grounds
    15% Guard Stations
    10.7% Guilds
    11% Towers
    10.8% Watch Towers

Age 63: Undead/Merch

Age 73: Undead/Paladin

Director of Age Changes
    25% homes in war on undead?

Post Fiend
    I have a player that is also fascinated with high homes and is trying to convince me that 25% to 30% homes for pure attacker is the way to go. I just cant see how homes are justified in those numbers.

How much BE increase are we talking about on that many homes?

You'll need rax on those builds. Undeads have the space to run homes if they want, i wouldn't be a fan of them though. There are more useful buildings.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Undead @ 1k acres and no science, stances and such (I'm lazy at math :) )
    1k acres without homes should have 25.000 jobs.
    1k acres without homes should give 25.000 population
    @70% drafted plus wizzies = 17.500 for army/wizzis
    optimal workers = jobs*0.67 = 16750
    Jobs performed = available workers/optimal workers = 7.500 / 16.750 = 0.45
    BE = 100 * (05*(1+0.45) = 72.5 BE

@1k acres with 25% homes
    Jobs = 18750
    Pop = 27000
    ideal workers = 12563
    Workers @ 70% draft = 8100
    jobs performed = 8100 / 12563 = 0.64
    BE = 100 * (0.5 * (1+0.64)) = 82% BE

According to my math 25% homes should increase BE with about 10% compared to no homes. But keep in mind that I did not incorperate other factors such as science, race/pers, dragons and stances. Also it's my math. I won't give you guarantees that it is correct ;)

Post Fiend
    If your right Milkman that 10% BE is not worth it, The math part was the only part that was not in my argument for homes at 25% to 30% being complete waste on pure attacker..I was being quoted 20% difference which my limited math got me stuck :)

Veteran
    I based my math of what is in the uto wiki and this where the only logical numbers that I could get out it. I don't know how valid the math of a ghetto monarch you beated fair and square are in your discussion but still, 20% BE increase seems unrealisticly high to me :)

Veteran
    You also have to keep in mind that when you get chained with as much as 8 peasants per acre or more, your province would be in a pretty bad condition. The overpop will be very badly and because it's by peasants, its pretty hard to fix. Especially early age when you dont have the wpa to landlust yourself out of trouble. With our kingdom, when we look for our next target to chain, those with too much peasants always look like fantastic targets.

Also if you dont get chained but just do some landtrading and eat some fireballs, you've basically spend quite a bit of land to get more peasants while you'd be underpopped, making the houses not just worthless, but they increase your networth too. That just gives provinces in the same networthrange who have optimized their buildings and provinces for war a nice advantage over you.

Homes make your province look good in a stagnant situation, but in war, your province is never stagnant. For an undead, homes are generally not worth it on a warbuild. Oow, they have it's uses, in war they are more of a liability than a blessing.

Its 10% more BE but what are you modding now? Thats the tradeoff.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    for attackers who knows the benefit of homes, you should start at a minimum of 40%.. anything less than that doesnt really lifts up its bonuses.. there are a lot of home threads in past, just look for it..

but since the OP asked for a undead/warrior build, here's mine:

Pump Build (Normal stance / Non War)

Bank 20%
    WT 20%
    Guild 20%
    TG 20%
    Hospital 10%
    Tower 5%
    GS 3%
    Dungeon 2%

War Build (Pre War / Hostile)

TG 20%
    WT 10% against normal KD
    20% against T/M or Hybrid heavy KD
    Hosp 10%
    Guild 8%
    Tower 5%
    GS 10%
    20% against heavy attacker KD
    Dungn 2%
    Rax 15%
    Bank 10%

If you're getting T/M chained : swap the banks for more WT
    If you're getting deep chained : swap the Rax for more GS

* swap from incoming acres, easier if you receive some aid to raze and rebuild

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I don't know how valid the math of a ghetto monarch you beated fair and square
    Don't sell yourself short, did you not finish top 15 for WW in age 58.You were only ghetto because you annoyed me so much :P..Age 60 now so all history.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    You also have to keep in mind that when you get chained with as much as 8 peasants per acre or more, your province would be in a pretty bad condition. The overpop will be very badly and because it's by peasants, its pretty hard to fix. With our kingdom, when we look for our next target to chain, those with too much peasants always look like fantastic targets.

Also if you dont get chained but just do some landtrading and eat some fireballs, you've basically spend quite a bit of land to get more peasants while you'd be underpopped, making the houses not just worthless, but they increase your networth too. That just gives provinces in the same networthrange who have optimized their buildings and provinces for war a nice advantage over you.

Homes make your province look good in a stagnant situation, but in war, your province is never stagnant. For an undead, homes are generally not worth it on a warbuild. Oow, they have it's uses, in war they are more of a liability than a blessing.
    More or less why we don't use silly numbers on homes uhm hoi, will direct my new player to this thread and on top of what I have already said about homes, if wanted high BE would just go Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Its 10% more BE but what are you modding now? Thats the tradeoff.
    10% BE not worth it so no trade off, I see nothing I would want to trade off against to get homes :)

Forum Fanatic
    TG and moar TG is good.
    You should mount all or most of your army as well, raze the stables as soon as your armies are sent out (which should be often)
    Offspec are okay if you have a lot of offensive units per acre (12+, with at least 9-10epa). You can train pure elites easily enough but it is probably overkill as few targets you would hit require more than 130opa. Better to have units that can be released in the event of a chain to kill a dragon, that have some other slight benefits.
    Since you don't need food and can't use thieves, there are two sci categories you can ignore or keep at the bare minimum of investment. Another, alchemy, is mostly useless as Undeads have terrible economic security, while most of their science will be acquired through learn attacks. Therefore you have two science categories that are really useful (Housing and Channeling), one that is probably worth investment (Military), and one that is pretty useful but not terribly important (Tools).

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mastakizzor View Post
    for attackers who knows the benefit of homes, you should start at a minimum of 40%.. anything less than that doesnt really lifts up its bonuses.. there are a lot of home threads in past, just look for it..
    hehe and they all say homes are bad.

FYI niobium post its good advise.

As for my suggestions,

Science:I'd dump all bought/ww science into gains after you have 15k in every category but food. The rest of your science will be aquired by learns. Aim to learn a feary-sages, even if they run schools you'll get pretty decent gains and you can hit ones that have 200+nw/acre easily.

Stats:I'd run 4-6 peasents/acre, 1 tpa, 1.5 wpa, 6-9 dpsec/acre. Rest into offense min 9 leet/acre.

Build: Your build is going to vary significantly depending on kd caliber, relative size in your kd and kd race composition. As a reference point my favorite builds are the
    "im the largest attacker in the kd"
    20% TG
    15% Rax
    20% WT
    30% GS
    10% stables
    3% guilds
    2% Dungoens
    You start pre war with this kind of a build, replace stables for hospitals and then up WT if they are shelling you. You should have a stock of runes/get aided for casting self spells. You'll fail alot but who cares you big have crappy wpa and just need to cast 1-2 spells/day max.

and ""im just a random lower mid sized attacker"
    20% TG
    10% Rax
    10% WT
    10% GS
    10% hospitals
    10% stables
    8% guilds
    5% Towers
    2% dung
    15% free i tend to dump them into homes/banks and the adjust my build based on war progress.

I agree homes are bad if you are worried about being deep chained and overpopped.. but with undead Town Watch.. could negate the homes penalty
    DEBAUCHERY

Thread Information