Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halfer Mystic, anyone?

Halfer Mystics work.
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Quote Originally Posted by Moredhel View Post
    I don't aim to be the best or state that I'll go with it, but what do you think about a halfling a/t/m?
    We have a couple in our Kingdom and are in our first War of the Age.
    So far, I would say the combo works fine.
    But like you stated, they are good at everything, not great at anything.
    That can be a Pro or Con.
    So far, I think it's a Pro.

Thanks for all the replies, I see a 50/50 here :)

I have started playing halfer/mystic, but am not really sure about the buildings. Anyone care to help with that?

Needs to get out more
    I think you should take a fresh approach. For instance it seems a lot of folks put a great deal of anal retention into UB. - You could build a more traditional attacker with GS, hospitals, rax, guilds, towers, farms and banks with % to what's working. Get a feel for the total build. I'm imagining you hit next not first, do patch ups on spell blanket and various reliable functions in theft focusing on self sustenance.
    That's just one way to think on it. My intuition tells me that trying to extend your offense to first tier capability would hurt more than help. You could also use your magic and theft to augment your attacks so that your one-on-one combat engagements give you the results you desire. I've seen elves function in this way very effectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Yeah it's my idea of mostly being t/m and grabbing acres in war by hitting already chained-down targets. Outside of war I could just explore.

My build would include high guilds, towers, thieves' denses and banks/forts.

halfer mystic. a t/m with half price thieves and doubly effective guilds. that alone is awesome.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Enthusiast
    We ran 7 halfer mystics last age as our only tm's. we were able to war our way to#8 in world for honor nw and ww's. ensure riots/ms/greed/storm coverage and use your halfers to send out minimal. We attacked only on chain provs with little to no def (usually land def) we usually got 80-150 acres per halfer per wave so roughly 800 acres per wave on unbreakable provs. But you must all enter war above kd prov average and super pumped to be in breakable. We were running 6 wpa 5.5 tpa and 95 mod dpa which would leave around 3 Ppa and negative income. They worked great for the entire age. The only draw back is elves. They can still fb and ms you. Halfers can still riot you. And if you're broken the losses are huge as there is no room in build to run hospitals or gs's.
    BLUE your my boy!

Enthusiast
    My build was 10% homes, 8% farms, 2%dungeons, 18% towers, 20% banks, 10% guilds, 18% tds and 14% forts. In war obvs
    BLUE your my boy!

that level of saturation, i would hazard a guess that something other than banks would further optimize that build.
    25% homes and 19% forts should keep you pretty safe instead.
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Well, it was ridiculous, my mages and thieves couldn't do **** even with high wpa and tpa. I'm resetting my prov. Sigh.

Needs to get out more
    Hybrids can be tricky, but particularly mystics and rogues. Pure rogues can help reduce wpa with AW to make casting easier for hybrid mystics. Pure mystics have a few spells like Tornado, NM, Amnesia to make hybrid rogues effective.
    Kingdoms/players should be aware of the tiers of resistance common among the Utopian community to experience a level of success. Teamwork is hand in hand. Archetypes do the initial breaking and hybrids follow.

To elaborate this, my last province was an elf cleric. War starts too soon to develop an effective wpa and the enemy does massacre anyway. Well this is a good thing because I was built for taking punishment. We declared and the massacring enemy was swiftly chained.
    Being elf I'm in no position to start chains. I simply haven't had time to garner offense. So we let the archetypes start like orc warrior. As the war goes on I'm not getting any significant ops and I'm training and running science active. I only got stronger. Never able to land an offensive spell, I had economy intact and thus a growing offense. Because I was cleric with GS the attacks I took were absorbed. One attack for example I lost 45 guys total on an opener.

This is hybrid. Hybrid isn't just how you build but how you play. Part of the process is teamwork. In some places there is little teamwork, but there is still opportunity strikes. You gain flexibility and lose penetration so tactics are bound to be assault level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

If your mages and thieves couldn't do anything, you were doing it wrong. For over a week, halfer/mystic was #1 honor province in the world.
    Get your raw figures up, get your science up, and you'll see success.

And for goodness sake, don't expect to be good in more than 2 areas. Thievery, wizardry, or military -- pick 2. You can't do it all until your science is 1k+ bpa.
    Beast
    WarWins or BUST

Thread Information