Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stables...To Have or Not To Have??

Stables...To Have or Not To Have??

For an Undead/Tactician, do you think Stables are a good thing to have, mainly compared to having the same % of land built in Training Grounds?

Strategy Moderator
    Run both your undead and a tact no less, you got insane amounts of land to spare. If i had to absolutely chose one or the other i'd go with either TG if your semi active, or pre war stables replaced by TG in war if you can maintain army-in-army-out.

I think stables get a slight edge from straight number point of view, and additional benefit of not having a negative effect on offence modifier every time your land comes in.

Also as mentioned previously - use both.

Veteran
    If I have to choose between stables and TG, I generally go for the stables. At the start of a war, depending on your build etc, TG may give more MO. However, the horses stay with you as long as you army in/out, perfect for when you get chained, arent effected by BE when your pezzies get fireballed, it's just a much more reliable bonus. That said, as an undead you'll probably have enough land to put all your offense units on horses (or nightmares since you are undead) and still have spare land to build training grounds.

If you have the cash for it you could raze the stables after the first time you send out and replace em with TG (or whatever else you need), but in my experience, more often than not, you'd have to spend that cash on dragons.

Enthusiast
    I'm against use of stables for races that attack with 7. I'm sure ppl with disagree with me but i prefer keeping my nw as low as possible. (horses contribute a lot to nw)

Veteran
    It seems to me that fewer leets die when I send them on horsies.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    It seems to me that fewer leets die when I send them on horsies.
    Well, you send less specs/elites for the same total mod off, it's logical.

Forum Fanatic
    I like more raw offense.
    Ponies work better when they are modded by high TG though.

With Ud/attacker it's both. Lots of land, 20-25% TG and 10-15% stables. Tg first, static analysis on individual provinces losing be matters little to overall kd aims. :) Bonus is in modding the 7 elite first kd wise.
    Uhm hoi's post is an example of how he has to react to being targeted, due to others bad play.

Enthusiast
    On an undead, if you have all elites TG>>>>>>stables. Furthermore, if you have TG and elites on an undead then even homes(assuming the extra pop goes to offensive purposes) also produces more offense than stables. Ud/tact has an absurd amount of building space so there really shouldn't be a situation where you aren't high on tg.

What about for Orcs? TG or stables?

News Correspondent
    The answer is both. It's not like you're short on building space.
    15%tg and 10% stables > just pure 25% tg by a long shot
    having only one or the other and you're doing yourself a disservice

Quote Originally Posted by skoyl12 View Post
    I'm against use of stables for races that attack with 7. I'm sure ppl with disagree with me but i prefer keeping my nw as low as possible. (horses contribute a lot to nw)
    horses contribute 0.6 nw for 1 point where as orc elites are 0.82 nw per point and 0.85 for undead. so horses would keep your nw lower.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin1387 View Post
    horses contribute 0.6 nw for 1 point where as orc elites are 0.82 nw per point and 0.85 for undead. so horses would keep your nw lower.
    as well your want MOAR offense who care if your only taking a 7->8 instead of a 4->5, the goal is more offense not nw/space efficiency.

Important that. Mod off/nw means little compared to raw hitting power.

Topsy's point on homes/stables decision is a relevant one. I'd always have 20-24% TG. Stables/Homes are harder choice. Situational on pump ability/threats. War tier stables, more you expand/whore/higher land, homes.
    Edit: More you overgrow/semi, the more you want the homes also.

Thread Information