Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: #1 go Timber???

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Yo Bishop, when your stance on formulas is "figure them out," how are we supposed to know what are the bugs?
    You ask. You can do this via the forums or the support mail.
    Are we supposed to figure out what the bugs are ourselves? Are we supposed to not explore the extra acres that shows available to explore and just assume what you guys intended?
    Yeah it seemed odd to me. I went into the round thinking that hey 50% at a time means like the constructed land stipulation, but then when you see an actual change made and a penalty applied for double exploring, who am I to know thats not what you meant?
    Why didn't you ask, or post a thread? Was it because you thought you found a loophole and wanted to abuse it before anyone else did?
    For example, I'm pretty sure that as intended, spells on kingdommates in war aren't supposed to get the -75% OOW penalty, but I'm also pretty sure that they do. You claim that they don't, but I have stats to back it up with respect to the success rate of two provs doing MV on each other during hostile and war. The code probably looks something like if (inwar && targetkd != warkd) { eff *= .25 } Let me look at the code for 15 minutes and I'll prove it to you.
    You have stats huh?

If you guys would paste the formulas used for the explore costs and restrictions, we could help debug it for you. Until then, it seems extremely condescending to us (the users) to be called dumb based on your errors.
    Yes, I was being condescending. I do not want to be unclear on my position. Any top kingdom (it was only top kingdoms/players that this realistically affected) that claimed they didn't even slightly suspect this was abuse is full of ****. Only one person reported it though.

tldr: you are all bad people and you should feel bad.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    "only one person reported it though". Does havoc really think we would abuse the same bug we were asking was ok to use?

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    "only one person reported it though". Does havoc really think we would abuse the same bug we were asking was ok to use?
    Does AB seriously think we didn't already give full proof that you did in fact do it? Or do you choose to not read it
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Does AB seriously think we didn't already give full proof that you did in fact do it? Or do you choose to not read it
    Well you did claim this was not a bug as well and we see how that did go

Forum Fanatic
    Drixx has already answered this question multiple times. Read his response.

With only looking at the graph if he doubled wouldn't that line be evenly distributed over 24 hours as opposed to the clear non straight line it is due to him exploring half more each tick? why is the line not dead straight?
    Last edited by American Badass; 07-01-2014 at 10:54.

Regular
    I'm confused, when did the people in this game start whinging so much?

...commence whinge:

I mean, let's think way back when to the good ole days of Mehul when poor coding resulted in unintended consequences (on a somewhat regular basis) available to everyone in the same way, clearly functioning in ways it was not meant to do, but they were not bugs. Mehul recognised his mistakes, and he changed the coding so that it worked properly the next age. Mehul only intervened in game mechanics mid-age when the changes were blatantly bugs in the coding that any random utopian player would know were bugs.

If a random average utopia player in this game were to explore with the current coding, none of them would have an idea that the formula was not working as it was meant to. I understand that 99% of the people arguing in this thread are not the average utopian player but that's who this game was originally intended for and one would hope that's still the case.

This is not an obvious bug that clearly shows that the game is not working correctly, nobody is magically having resources or troops appear out of thin air. This is what we used to call a loophole, the coding is working exactly how it is programmed because of an oversight. It's like when conquest provided a minimum %age gain, and Tred, and many others were able to use it to their massive advantage. But the coding worked exactly how it was programmed to work even if it was not how it was intended for it to work, and you wouldn't have realized the result that might occur were you to be the random average utopian (until of course you were being conquested by a 30k acre Tredvolt).

Needless to say I'm getting old, I'm bitter, and I don't understand why you're all arguing. But what I will say is that this isn't a bug, even if Bishop says it is, what it is poor coding that wasn't tested properly.

I have spoken. (Let's be honest none of you care).

Quote Originally Posted by Gakundra View Post
    Needless to say I'm getting old, I'm bitter, and I don't understand why you're all arguing. But what I will say is that this isn't a bug, even if Bishop says it is, what it is poor coding that wasn't tested properly.

I have spoken. (Let's be honest none of you care).
    Mehul quit the game years ago, what he did is no longer relevant. This is bug, you can argue all you want but it is irrelevant to my stance.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

glad thats settled.

Now lets hug it out!
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

News Correspondent
    Jews don't hug. Except for when they are naked in cold showers in Poland

go report some news
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Jews don't hug. Except for when they are naked in cold showers in Poland
    This isn't appropriate.

The mythical beast known as the gak is back??

Its not abuse Benjamin. Remember, and you didnt do it anyways. LOL.

Do you really want us re-posting all the stupid and crazy things posted by your KD, flat out lying, insulting people for pointing it out, etc? I think its hilarious all your geniuses have since went quiet in the forums (besides Godly, but he is a lost hope), because they got shown to be n00bs and not knowing WTF they were talking about. You would think that Utopia's Greatest Kingdom / The Best Kingdom or whatever could figure out something as small as what is and isn't a bug abuse. You would also think they would have the class to apologize or at least shut up when thats proven to be the case. sadly it will be neither. sAD. LMAO.

Also did you ever think that the KD who found the bug is the one who reported it? I wonder why only one KD reported it, I wonder which KD that was? Go ahead Ill wait n00b.
    Last edited by PhoenixScorpion; 07-01-2014 at 20:37.
    Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis, voca me cum benedictis.

PEW OR DIE

Idol to the Utopian Masses - 6 Time Crown King - Debauched Playboy - Leader of the Utopian Free World

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Farming isn't cheating. He out ****played the server, a win is a win.

Thread Information