Thread: Do you build in war?

Do you build in war?

So, when you're at war and the Trad Marches are flying back and forth and you're hitting for 100+ a day and getting hit for 80 a day ... do you spend the money to rebuild your land? Or do you just build what you can with free building credits and wait till the end of the war to rebuild?

(Orc attacker)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinLannister View Post
    So, when you're at war and the Trad Marches are flying back and forth and you're hitting for 100+ a day and getting hit for 80 a day ... do you spend the money to rebuild your land? Or do you just build what you can with free building credits and wait till the end of the war to rebuild?

(Orc attacker)
    I use credits to rebuild TGS and Rax least I rob myself of offense.
    After that offense troops is a priority and then defensive troops.

All this is predicated on the fact that I am not starving, or that I cant pay my troops ect. or some extreme situation.

If I am getting chained (in the last war I took 71 Uniques), I dont build anything. I bank the credits for when they leave me alone and I can speed build necessary buildings to get back in the fight.

Forum Fanatic
    Better to go into war with a build that doesn't need a lot of maintenance until mintime, and leave the building credits untapped.
    Around mintime it is usually clearer what should be built.
    If you are swapping acres back and forth it honestly makes little difference, but it makes more sense to hold on new buildings until your kingdom can put together the money to build all of their barrens to a new spec. 25-30% gs on 90+ BE is going to be useful, 10-15% or whatever can be spared on whatever BE is pretty much worthless.

Post Fiend
    Unless you have UB's that can feed cash, you won't be able to build everything. I always use credits at the very least to focus on key buildings depending where you sit within in the Kingdom. Most often GS/TGs/Rax depending.

Unlike Tiggis, I have tended to always build when chained, and often scrounged gold to build as much as possible since it helps with overpopulation. Particularly now that runes at often in short supply so LL's may not always be a reality.

Post Fiend
    If you're underpopped I don't feel much need building other than the essentials rax/wts/farms/guilds. If overpopped then I build all. Fight the overpop!!

Thread Information