Thread: Do you attack in war?

Do you attack in war?

So, When you're at war and the Trad Marches are flying back and forth and you're friends are all getting hit for 100+ a day and hitting for less than 80 a day ... do you spend the time and troops to attack? Or do you just sit with your army home till the end of the war to rebuild?

(Dwarf attacker)
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    So, When you're at war and the Trad Marches are flying back and forth and you're friends are all getting hit for 100+ a day and hitting for less than 80 a day ... do you spend the time and troops to attack? Or do you just sit with your army home till the end of the war to rebuild?

(Dwarf attacker)
    Keep attacking and killing their troops. Need to put other plans in place but they do not include NOT attacking.

Does the attack equation grant diminishing returns per offense point invested? Based on the equation, it seems like it shouldn't - it just looks like a multiplier times the offense per acre. But it seems to me that later points sent yield less than earlier points. E.g. sending the first 10,000 points grants more of a gain than the next 10,000.

Is this the case, or am I just imagining it?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Does the attack equation grant diminishing returns per offense point invested? Based on the equation, it seems like it shouldn't - it just looks like a multiplier times the offense per acre. But it seems to me that later points sent yield less than earlier points. E.g. sending the first 10,000 points grants more of a gain than the next 10,000.

Is this the case, or am I just imagining it?
    I cannot say, seems like it should not work the way you describe. It all has to do with NW, and other modifiers, I suppose it could work that way.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

... ...

Well, I've definitely misallocated my time and energy then ;/ live and learn ... ...

Probably best to turtle up, hit in gaps and then feed a friend in a decent kd.

The ghetto you are playing in is clearly beneath you, so you should network your way out of it.
    If you hit do it early.

Edit: I presume this is the answer. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If you're attacking you're doing it wrong.

Learn2Play noob

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If you're attacking you're doing it wrong.

Learn2Play noob
    Ultimate wisdom. The acre rich tend to be the least active in war. They say it's bad strategy to attack inactives; so just when does this benefit the active? The most active get the most attention, so even this results in diminishing returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    the reason you get decaying returns per hit is because the formula is based on NW % and any hit you take into account per acres, takes buildings and lowers NW substantinally so if you triple or quad tap someone, that is reason for gettin gless and less hits on each return of acre grabs. Keep in mind the pages do not reflect immediately the damage you done, but the server does and the formulas do as well

I'm simply at a loss trying to understand the original question.
    By itself, it is illogical.
    When in a War, you are at War.
    Therefore, if you are playing the role of Attacker in your Kingdom, you attack.
    In the post, you called the people you were fighting side-by-side with your "friends".
    If that is the case, then you have even more of a reason to attack.
    Also, depending on your role in the Kingdom, attacking and not gaining does not always equal Failure.
    I have been in many Wars where my Kingdom was very Negative in the Acres category, yet we won the War due to Networth.
    This is achieved through the work of the Thief/Mages in the Kingdom.
    So even though we did not beat the opponent in the number of Acres taken, we gained their Withdrawal because our T/M's were killing their Wizards, Night Striking their Military and doing the many other things that T/M's do.
    But ALWAYS, and I stress ALWAYS, you must stick to your role in the Kingdom.
    Otherwise you should defect and find new "friends" that you ARE willing to fight along side AND die along side.
    In My Most Humble Opinion.

Post Fiend
    I don't always attack, but when I do, I always attack in to war.

Forum Fanatic
    stay attacking my friend

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRabbitSlim View Post
    I'm simply at a loss trying to understand the original question.
    By itself, it is illogical.
    When in a War, you are at War.
    hes a troll, and hes being stupid mocking http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...u-build-in-war
    clearly if you have x/1 leet u attack all war continually.

Which is a shame as well, as Octobrev is prolly along with jdorje the best poster when he gives a ****.

Yourself, Petrified, Elurin and when he's bovved flogger are the others.

Still. Turtle that dorf. If you can be broken, then you are a nub that hasn't explored enough. :)
    Feed off the kd, and then give the acres to your main prov/ a mate who needs a feed. :)

Enthusiast
    the basic rule is that an attacker needs to keep his troops and continue attacking. but it doesn't specify who.
    in the situation you mentioned, attacking your kingdom mates will result in best results since they cannot hit back because they are being targeted by the enemy.
    also the enemy does not see you made an attack so they don't know you have low defense because your troops are out.
    also this will teach your kingdom mates a lesson for only gaining 80 acres and losing 100 acres.

Thread Information