Thread: homes and BE, do i have this right?

homes and BE, do i have this right?

as an orc attacker ive decided to run high homes, this is my thinking.

buildings are only as good as the peasents working in them, so if my BE is less than 100 and i have 1 acre to build, if i build a bank then theres no extra people to work in it, you could look at it basically like all the people that live in that one bank would leave that one and go to work in underworked banks making them more productive. so you might as well build a home and send those peasents to work in underworked banks therefore doing as much as a bank, but then you get +8 pop.

so i figured i would keep adding more % homes to my strat until i hit 100 BE

but im not sure about the dynamics of BE, is that sound utopia logic? this is what my page looks like.

Workers Needed for Max. Efficiency 7,688
    Available Workers 7,252
    Building Efficiency 87.4%

if i get the workers needed for max shouldnt that put me at 100%? is 400 peasents really bringing me down 13%?

Edit after tick:

Available Workers 7,465
    Building Efficiency 88.1%

so why is my be so low if im only 200 workers down out of 7500? and why does it say i have 4010 unfilled jobs, but only need 200 more workers for max eff? running at 19% homes and 60% military pop and my pop is full.

edit after tick again:

Available Workers 7,389
    Building Efficiency 88.7%

okay so my workers went down and my BE went up, i guess BE grows gradually right? not all at once.
    Last edited by calvin1387; 01-01-2014 at 20:55.

Enthusiast
    You are looking it wrong. The BE improvment from homes is small. Try to figure out if the extra population you get can give you more bonuses on your army than allocating land on another building.

Forum Fanatic
    it normally doesnt

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

yeah i just realized BE starts at 50, so building a bank would at least give you half a bank, and jobs only count for half of your BE

Enthusiast
    10% homes give 0.8 extra ppa. That's about 3% in percentage. Since orc science is penalised you have to adjust population-elites-build to be competitive with the rest.

Forum Fanatic
    Think about what happens when you take in acres during war and you'll see that you don't have it right.

Homes have their time and place though.

Thread Information