Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exploring more then 50% bug ?, Abuse ? or not ?

Post Fiend

Exploring more then 50% bug ?, Abuse ? or not ?

Could we see what was said from Devs and people involved in all of this, its pretty clear that many abused ? the fact that there was poor coding in the game, i wont name names atm but im sure many others will.

Any news on this would be a welcome flow of information, will there be any action or did the kingdoms who used this "new exploring" out smart everyone and get off scot free ?

i see a lot of crying.

This isn't being actioned. It'll be fixed.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

Guess everyone should have taken advantage of it then...
    Age 57, 58 #Anno
    Age 59, 60, 61 #RBL

IRC - Matthais

Yes, please explore your entire pool so I can farm you. ::rolls eyes::. As if there are kingdoms out there other than 2-3 that can actually explore safely. We would have gotten the pool on those provs regardless. Anyone who says anything otherwise is just stupid.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Yes, please explore your entire pool so I can farm you. ::rolls eyes::. As if there are kingdoms out there other than 2-3 that can actually explore safely. We would have gotten the pool on those provs regardless. Anyone who says anything otherwise is just stupid.
    That just shows your ignorance, as you don't know where I play. Troll again when you know something..
    Age 57, 58 #Anno
    Age 59, 60, 61 #RBL

IRC - Matthais

Well, if you dont play in a top 3 kingdom, my statement stands.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Havoc farming anyone, luls.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Havoc farming anyone, luls.
    im keeping my fingers crossed!

Not until next age I hope or it gives an unfair advantage to those who already used the loophole.

Please don't recreate the catastrophe the devs created a bunch of ages ago when they "fixed" honor mid age.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Needs to get out more
    Use of band substance rears it's head. Lance Armstronging Utopia! - " I never took illegal pool. "
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

If it's not working as intended it's a bug and should be actioned. Fixing it just creates (dis)advantages just like when you changed honor mid-age.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    If the intentions of the dev's are to max explore 50% of someones acres at all times, this is bug abuse by everyone who has been doing it no matter how you twist it. If you say anything otherwise you're just stupid.
    Your post just shows you support blatant abuse of bugs despite all your claims you disapprove of it and would never play in such kingdoms :p
    Last edited by protector; 06-01-2014 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    If it's not working as intended it's a bug and should be actioned. Fixing it just creates (dis)advantages just like when you changed honor mid-age.

If the intentions of the dev's are to max explore 50% of someones acres at all times, this is bug abuse by everyone who has been doing it no matter how you twist it. If you say anything otherwise you're just stupid.
    Your post just shows you support blatant abuse of bugs despite all your claims you disapprove of it and would never play in such kingdoms :p
    o snap my lil dutch brother :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

We might have to leave it as is until next age, given the comments about advantages etc.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Even if it's a bug it's not an obvious one like say the bugs that let you dice or raze in war(back when raze was removed entirely from war). It isn't obvious that it isn't working as intended although most would probably suspect it.
    But yes, unless it isn't being actioned or fixed retroactively from day 1 then it shouldn't be changed/actioned until the age is over because that honor "fix" was bloody horrible and ruined or significantly impacted the age of a lot of people. Never ever change something that affects the game in a significant way in the middle of an age, unless you can do it retroactively(which is impossible since there is no way to tell how somebody having more acres than they should have impacted the outcome of a war etc.

For it to be abuse it has to be obvious that it's a bug and that somebody is exploiting it intentionally. And it's not obvious that it's not working as intended, sure it's pretty apparent that it's not working as it ought to be, but it could be that it's working as the devs intended to just that they didn't foresee the implications and consequences that it would bring.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thread Information