Thread: Ops success rate

Ops success rate

Hi, I'm wondering about the following:

Are ops difficulty a function of relative mTPA ?

that would mean a 3 tpa opping a 2 tpa would have same success rate as a 30 tpa opping a 20 tpa.
    From what I gather this seems to be the case.
    Difficult ops will also seldom work on comparable relative numbers

Same question for spells and mWPA

Strategy Moderator
    yup, just a function of mTPA or mWPA. 3v2 is the same as 30v20

I think that Persian is correct.

(I apologize in advance for highjacking this thread), but I wanted to extend this question. Given that op success is based on a function of modified TPA or WPA, is there a way to minimize the number of fails.

So if my math is right, as a halfer, I'm currently sitting on about 27mTPA.
    I have 6.5 RAW * 1.5 (racial) * 1.75 (science) * 1.6 (20% TDs @ 100%BE ) = 27.3.

So even then I'm still encountering fails? So is there anything I can do to minimize that? The only thing that I have is either increasing mTPA (via honor, science, or TDs). OR destroying the enemy WTs which cause somewhere between 20% and 30% auto fail on the average attacker, depending on how many are run.
    Last edited by Moobie; 18-01-2014 at 19:33.

Regular
    For some reason I find sending just under half thieves that ops don't fail as much. Prob just me. But I play a mage and thieves are just icing on the cake.

Sending too many thieves will cause additional fails.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Moobie View Post
    I think that Persian is correct.

(I apologize in advance for highjacking this thread), but I wanted to extend this question. Given that op success is based on a function of modified TPA or WPA, is there a way to minimize the number of fails.

So if my math is right, as a halfer, I'm currently sitting on about 27mTPA.
    I have 6.5 RAW * 1.5 (racial) * 1.75 (science) * 1.6 (20% TDs @ 100%BE ) = 27.3.

So even then I'm still encountering fails? So is there anything I can do to minimize that? The only thing that I have is either increasing mTPA (via honor, science, or TDs). OR destroying the enemy WTs which cause somewhere between 20% and 30% auto fail on the average attacker, depending on how many are run.

I don`t think bonusses apply like that ...My guess all bonusses apply to ur raw number and it goes something like this if u have 6 raw ,ud get +3 from race ,some +3 from sci(50%) and some 3.6 tds(20on100be) which gives 15.6mtpa.But what do I know ,I could be wrong :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No, bonuses stack

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    No, bonuses stack
    what palem said... ;p
    [COLOR="red"Pharma" ftw[/COLOR]

Thread Information