Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ending a War...

Ending a War...

Only the Kingdoms' Monarch is able to end a war. This is accomplished in one of two ways: Mutual Peace or Withdrawal. Either choice results in an end-of-war ceasefire:

1. Mutual Peace
    2. Withdrawal
    3. War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops to 50% of yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days (1 Utopian year).

First comes the question.. What if Kd Alpha is leads in acres, Nw, honour & even no. of uniques + no. of attacks from the start of War and never loses the lead (maintaining the lead over 1 month and still goes on) but Kd Beta refuses to surrender or even accept MP? If Kd Alpha is 170% of Kd Beta's Nw but is unable to stretch it nor send anymore dragons then how is Kd Alpha going to trigger condition 3? Are we going to have War from Age Start till Age End like this?

If there is no logical answer to the question above then now comes my suggestion.. Why make such an impossible automatic War Win condition when it should've been made easier? A lot of ghetto Kd's of the Fringe Majority exploit this loophole by refusing to surrender or accept MP thus forcing the impossible condition 3.. It should be changed to:

3. War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops BELOW yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 14 days (2 Utopian years).

Condition 3 is far from impossible. If kd B is 50% or less of kd As net worth after 7 days the war will end.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

let's take my example and give it figures. say Kd Beta's Nw is 5 million & Kd Alpha's is 170% of that:

Kd Alpha Total Networth: 8,500,000gc
    Kd Beta Total Networth: 5,000,000gc

Condition 3 states that War will automatically end after the losing Kd drops to 50% of the winning Kd's Nw so in this case, Kd Alpha has to drop Kd Beta's Nw to 4,250,000gc or raise theirs to 10 million.. After 1 Earth Month of Warring coming to this point & only exchanging acres, both sides exhausted their offences & are only training defences (Kd Alpha trying to widen the gap, Kd Beta trying to close the gap) + neither side seems able to increase nor decrease their Nw anymore.. Kd Beta refuses to surrender or even settle for MP despite them being on the losing end but Kd Alpha won't surrender either because they lead in acre, Nw, honour, no. of uniques & no. of attacks.. so what now? War till Age End?

Why do you think they won't be able to reach the automatic end? If a kingdom with such a NW gap advantage cant close out the remainder then they don't deserve a win and should withdraw.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by acdx View Post
    O
    3. War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops BELOW yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 14 days (2 Utopian years).
    No, i've been in wars where i was winning at at 14 days yet I was behind in NW and land. Around day 15-16 we pulled ahead in both and had the age not ended we'd of doubled their nw in ~3-4 days (2 non conquest able banks making 400k/tick is op). If you cant figure out how to double a kds nw u dont deserve a win.

Errr....if I ever get to 3 weeks and can't force or be forced to auto wd, I'd go mp :)

There are some places, where I figure its earnt.

Two weeks is sometimes not enough tho. Which is a bit harsh. :)

Strategy Moderator
    makeo 3 weeks is about the standard length a war needs for a nw win if both kds are very capable and somewhat evenly matched. The reason is that to get a real NW win you typically need to build up your attacker cores def. To do that you need to burn out your enemies offense. The way it'll work is this.

~4 Days of war = Every attacker in both kds ~chained. At this point your average orc/undead will have 60k offense.
    ~10 dasy of war = Attackers off burnt out. At this point you've made ~20 Unique after being "chained". Your offense of 60k post chain should drop to 30k. (assuming very little aid, and either undead or orc+decent hosptials)
    ~2 days to repump initial def = Pumping every attacker to ~10k def. means 2-3 taps by them v 4-5 taps by you.
    ~3 Days to get land lead = Finish pumping up def to ~15k. means 1-2 taps them.
    ~2 Days to build NW. = You built up land, a few attackers can get pumped into at best 1 taps, your nw should rise enough for win.

total 21 days.
    Last edited by Persain; 13-01-2014 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    If a kingdom with such a NW gap advantage cant close out the remainder then they don't deserve a win and should withdraw.
    This.

Most Kd's know when to give up but some just don't.. In the end, the result is still the same because they don't deserve to win but achieving this Nw win is really too long.. Most Kd's already long completed 3 Wars & the top one's even went so far so as to hit into a War. Where's the respect & honor? Kids these days don't have manners, behave like brats just because they come from some top Kd.

So currently at war with x:x. We are handling them, but they are employing this same long, drawn out strategy discussed above where they refuse to surrender. I have two comments. First, this is very boring. The game is down to 5000+ players, and most of us have lives. If we need to get them to 50% and spend 3-4 weeks doing it, this game is not worth it whatsoever. Only "hardcore" people will want to seriously play the game like that. And frankly, you don't need hardcore people. You need people that will want to play the game and the average player. It's your choice. Change the rules and think about the long-term future of the game, or turn it into this exclusive game ruled by a bunch of 30 year old people with too much time on their hands that like staring at text all day.

Second, x:x has decided to use the genius strategy of CONSTANTLY resetting a province as a protected aid vessel. This guy Musphelium is now on his 3rd version. I thought it was against the rules to constantly reset a province, and we have attempted to contact you Bishop about some sort of way to rectify this. They use him to aid out the solds/gc to try and rebuild their thoroughly ripped kingdom, and then he resets. Rinse and repeat. I would suggest deleting their aid province and removing all war wins. Also allowing us to move on from this boring war.
    Last edited by Palem; 19-01-2014 at 16:46. Reason: locs

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Please don't post locations

Fair enough. But please also do something about this tactic. It's a little more important than editing posts.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I am not game support, I'm a forum moderator.

There is a discussion here if you'd like to contribute:
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...tion-for-a-fix

Oh, you mean post about what should be done and watch nothing GET done. Awesome. Totally incentive to keep playing

Forum Fanatic
    Im sure there are other things going on for support to be doing and it is the weekend also. If you bother to look thru the forums everyone it seems has someone who they swear is cheating, a multi or breaking the rules somehow.

Just because you posted doesnt mean your top of the list.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information