Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ending a War...

Click the withdraw button after you stop attacking for 2 hours.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    or play till the age ends it
    To avoid being bottom fead on.... be number one... if you can't do that then just expect it.. and plan for it build more offence... and kick their teeth in...

Forum Fanatic
    Lots of massacres and training thieves on attackers are useful in this spot. Massacres (if combined with nightstrike) are going to do more nw damage than landgrabs that should be taking mostly empty acres. Some of your attackers may be dropped, but with that much nw advantage you should have enough big provinces to suffer a few being deeply chained... and, at ghetto level, many kingdoms do not chain as efficiently as they should.

Still, broken gains mechanics makes it take way too long to win this kind of war.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Lots of massacres and training thieves on attackers are useful in this spot. Massacres (if combined with nightstrike) are going to do more nw damage than landgrabs that should be taking mostly empty acres. Some of your attackers may be dropped, but with that much nw advantage you should have enough big provinces to suffer a few being deeply chained... and, at ghetto level, many kingdoms do not chain as efficiently as they should.

Still, broken gains mechanics makes it take way too long to win this kind of war.
    Is there anything you don't hate?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Is there anything you don't hate?
    No, I hate everything and everyone. Nyuk nyuk nyuk... that said...

I am not the only one who has noted how difficult it is to conclusively win a long war. The reasons for this are threefold;

- Destruction is far too powerful, making it very difficult for kingdoms to build up true unbreakables without extreme coordination.
    - The flipside is that provinces with offense can last a very long time, though not forever, which leads to a lot of swapping of acres between provinces that can't secure any resources
    - The implementation of nw gains means that it is far easier for a smaller kingdom to drag down attackers, which the larger kingdom can do little about. This is where the part about broken gains mechanics is felt most.

If I were to play this game again (and I won't, this is just interesting to watch from time to time), I'd prefer a flatter gains curve in war, such that big provinces would prove more decisive. The flipside would be that ubs shouldn't get as much of a double benefit from being bigger, first from the natural advantages of size/unbreakability and second from topfeed penalties working towards the ub's favor. Fixing ops and conquest to work more effectively against big provinces would be a start.

Regular
    Massacres on mages and thieves(which also attack alot we let them gain more acres on purpose than started to massacre, they stopped attacking for land). NS anyone that has troops at home(elites). Mages keeping peasant count down so noone is flying high. Kingdom we were against also had a player taking advantage of the reset he was on his 4th reset when the 3 days protection hit. Think it pushed it over the edge. They surrendered.
    Last edited by kazinji; 25-01-2014 at 06:16.

Thread Information