Thread: Seeking advice/help with potential exploit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    Sucks and its a cheeky technique but there is ways to win around it... I don't see how if this was a war for the long run why killing this "small and unbreakable" halfling's defense for your chained provs to hit i mean he has no WPA so pitfalls is easy and then he just becomes a liability and supplies your chained provs with another target.

I dunno i think you could of managed the war differently even though you still pulled out a win.
    That Halfling/Rogue entered the war with ~18k Def, ~5k Off and ~1.5+ TPA. Our provinces at the bottom had 0 Def with <1 TPA due to riots while waiting for incoming acres and 20-35k Off depending on how recently they'd been chained.

Our chained attackers could only tap the Halfling 1-2 times while it could max tap our attackers with ease. PF sounds good on paper, but rune management is huge later in wars when you're shifting them around to cast MS, anon, Explosions, NB spam (they had Undead Core) and any other spell that has higher priority than PF on a target at 40k NW. Meanwhile, this same Halfling has enough TPA to NS spam your chained targets to ensure max tapping or to reduce their chance of multi-tapping him.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I just don't see how there is no drawback. Not only is the province doing nothing in protection, but it was also useless while it was going down. Plus the waste of generals for them to intra it. As you say, the war was won because you made provinces UB. That's the typical case of ghetto wars. Those useless provs make it easier for you to control the top.

If some moron wants to release everything into peasants and they want to waste generals on intras during war, I say let them. I hope you view the fact that you won the war as evidence that their strat was bad.
    As pointed out by AB, the Halfling wasn't useless at all. It killed the dragon and provided GC for funding their own. It served the purpose of a bank and then fueled their own attackers enough acres in the background to make them bounce back before we realized what was going on. They weren't wasting generals because those generals wouldn't have given them extra attacks otherwise. They swing at us 1-3 times and throw <1k Off 1-3 times at the zero-def Halfling because intra-KD TM's ignore NW range. By the time they had chained one of our provs low enough to hit it for acres, it was already dead.

(Note: like AB, I don't consider this part of what happened an abuse of mechanics)

These "useless" provs actually make it much harder to control the top as each new province brings extra resources to the table that you can't remove from play. Don't assume that every case of this involves losing a prov to gain a prov. As I explained in earlier posts, they could have easily left the prov alive and recruited 4 new provs (we began 21v21) for the purpose of slaying/funding dragons and aiding soldiers to their UBs to drastically outpace us. The zero-def Halfling feeds our chained provinces, but their Halfling/Rogues take it all back and then some.

To address both posts, the ONLY reason we won is because the enemy KD STOPPED recruiting provinces. Had they continued to recruit provinces, they would have won; it's that simple. We beat them in the UB race because they stopped introducing provinces that shipped resources to their top attackers/hybrids.

Can you imagine a war where you declare at 20+ v 20+ and only a few hours later the other KD is suddenly filled out with Halfling/Rogues that in 24hrs will sit on your chained provs the rest of the war? That is the kind of tactic I find questionable with the new 24hr protection system. It is both the higher starting resources and shorter wait time that makes this process very difficult to adjust to if you aren't specifically prepared for and expecting it.
    Last edited by ProzaicMuze; 19-01-2014 at 18:45.

Thread Information